Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Little Matsui a Met?

majinbuu

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry spragga but I have to disagree with most of what you have said here. I am a die-hard Met fan and although I don't think this trade alone will be enough to put us into the playoffs (or even very close), I still think it is a step in the right direction.

We had a whole to fill at second base and by picking up Matsui and moving Reyes there we have done that by adding the best middle infielder available (for the money). At the same time...from what most people say who know this guy we should have one of the best/electrifying double play combos in the league not to mention a great switch hitting 1-2 combo in the lineup.

What makes you think that moving Reyes to second will be such a problem. Not to mention that our infield coach is the same guy that moved Biggio from catcher to second where he turned into a gold glove second baseman. And by the looks of it Reyes has alot more athleticism than Biggio.

You must not be much of a fan if you're already giving up on them and stating that you will not be attending any games at Shea this year. Granted, we will probably not be that good again but if we are serious about going through a rebuilding process we can not go out there spending rediculous amounts of money on players because we have already seen what that can lead to. We have to face reality and realize that this might take a couple of years.

Hopefully Wilpon can make a couple of more moves that can put us in the right direction.

4-3

Originally posted by nomembername

What makes you think that moving Reyes to second will be such a problem. Not to mention that our infield coach is the same guy that moved Biggio from catcher to second where he turned into a gold glove second baseman. And by the looks of it Reyes has alot more athleticism than Biggio.

See...that whole statement is key...Reyes has the athleticism BUT it's not etched in stone 100% that he'll adjust to the position change. That's my problem with the whole thing. The kid is 20 - what if he makes a bunch of errors and it starts to mess with psyche which may ultimately effect him at the plate? Biggio had been in MLB for a few years before he made that switch to 2B. But it's not a guarantee....look at Hundley, Samuel and God knows what may happen to Piazza?

Reyes IS the future of the team and I have a feeling this will do a lot more harm than good and if he turns out to be a bust because of this move, what future will the Mets ever have?

Management fucked up 3 years ago by not signing A-rod and they're trying to fool the fans that this bum will be the savior...riiiiiiight.

Dumb moves like these over the past 3 years is the reason why I gave up my season tix.

Originally posted by nomembername

Sorry spragga but I have to disagree with most of what you have said here. I am a die-hard Met fan and although I don't think this trade alone will be enough to put us into the playoffs (or even very close), I still think it is a step in the right direction.

We had a whole to fill at second base and by picking up Matsui and moving Reyes there we have done that by adding the best middle infielder available (for the money). At the same time...from what most people say who know this guy we should have one of the best/electrifying double play combos in the league not to mention a great switch hitting 1-2 combo in the lineup.

You must not be much of a fan if you're already giving up on them and stating that you will not be attending any games at Shea this year. Granted, we will probably not be that good again but if we are serious about going through a rebuilding process we can not go out there spending rediculous amounts of money on players because we have already seen what that can lead to. We have to face reality and realize that this might take a couple of years.

Hopefully Wilpon can make a couple of more moves that can put us in the right direction.

4-3

agreed!:D

• 1 year later...
Well according to headpusher and nomembername they get a ring if they don't finish in last place.

One game out of last! Good job, fellas!

um, where have i ever said that? you started a thread asking how many years in a row will the Mets finish in last and the answer is zero

i have no problem admitting what a huge bust Matsui was...glad to see i'm on your mind though

congrats on winning the AL East! :aright:

um, where have i ever said that? you started a thread asking how many years in a row will the Mets finish in last and the answer is zero

i have no problem admitting what a huge bust Matsui was...glad to see i'm on your mind though

congrats on winning the AL East! :aright:

Didn't the Mets finish in last in 2002 and 2003? And haven't they finished second to last in consecutive years since then? Seriously, put shit into perspective. Your team is fucking horrible.

Keep regurgitating the 'choking' crap. We'll keep winning division titles and rings.

btw, 2000 World Series, RING A FUCKING BELL?? I know we didn't choke in that one.

fuck the mets.. those scrubs..

Lets Go Yankees! My new team to root for!!!!!!!

YA GO BRONX BOMBERS

and you haven't won a WS ring since so what's your point? actually you've blown a couple if i'm correct....what about those?

you're such a little bitch i love it :laugh:

What's my point? We make the playoffs, you don't. We actually GO to the World Series, you suck. Get it? You make a point to say you didn't finish in last, again YOU FUCKING SUCK. Understand? Enjoy the links again this year, you fucking cumspot.

What's my point? We make the playoffs, you don't. We actually GO to the World Series, you suck. Get it? You make a point to say you didn't finish in last, again YOU FUCKING SUCK. Understand? Enjoy the links again this year, you fucking cumspot.
Lets Go Yankeesssssssssssssssssssssssssss!