Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ school opening in Pembroke Pines Jan 2k4, taught by.

stryke303

...me...

now, before everyone gets their CP panties in a bunch, let me first say that the idea of a school to teach DJing was a joke to me until earlier this year when i was asked to speak at the SAE DJ school in North Miami. What I witnessed there were kids (and adults) who were truly passionate about DJing and wanted to learn as much as possible. I have since removed my elitist attitude toward learning the skill of DJing. DJing is a skill which can be taught and learned. It's what you do with it as an individual which sets you apart....that can't be taught. However, I'm happy to give back a little of what I've learned over the past 16 years (that's right...16) years of DJing back to some people who want to know....so...

spin72.jpg

classes begin 2nd week of jan...you can call the school and ask for Chris Schafer for more info...

ok, let the CP bullcrap of talking pure s**t begin! ;)

Originally posted by saleen351

dude, i'm teaching the art of the gudio fist pump the same night right down the road...

good luck.....

:D

hmmm...maybe we can have your class come and practice fist pumping in front of my class!

and thanks pod...you can teach the kids how to concentrate w/ flashes goin off in their faces ;) great hanging w/ you last nite!

Guest saleen351

when you teach how to lay vocals over a beat, make sure you call oscar, he's lost on how to do that.... but supply the vocals, he doesn't own any.........

styrke,

why do you think we would be elitest about it?? I think its pretty cool. Hell I would love to know more about DJ'ing even with no asperations beyond personal enjoyment and being able to apreciate more the incredible level of skills you guys have.

I never did believe you had to know how to spin to love the music, and am happy to play my role as happy ignorante clubber, but it certainly would be cool to be able to snap my fingers and get the skills :)

Originally posted by rcrespo

i'm down .. miami better be scared if i learn to mix :P

:laugh::tongue:

Ramon your time will come, you already have a great musical diction about yourself....once the needed time is put in I think you'll be able to do some great things.

And greg...well I already gave you props on the Cj board, so good luck you are doing a good thing.

Teaching some where one is can get pretty challenging sometimes. A dear friend of mine counts like this...

One-and-two-and-three-and-four-and...etc

Only problem is that his downbeat counts fall on the "and" parts of his counts...and I've never been able to break him out of it. To think he can tear up a dancefloor a half beat off al night long just boggles my mind!

hehehe

Best of luck Stryke

FX

Guest brwneydtrouble

You know I am there, that goes without saying. I too believe that certain aspects of DJing can be taught and learned, especially the technical parts. Its always good to know the full potential and capabilites of all your equipment. There is only so much you learn by trial and error.

And besides, of ALL the DJs to learn from, who better than Stryke??

Originally posted by lyrik

Ramon your time will come, you already have a great musical diction about yourself....once the needed time is put in I think you'll be able to do some great things.

Word to this. He's already a fixture in the booth, Nerve, Space Terrece, wherever, at least when I see him. Now he just needs to get behind the decks...You've got the potential Ramon...work it!

Best of luck with this venture Stryke.

Originally posted by junkiexl

Word to this. He's already a fixture in the booth, Nerve, Space Terrece, wherever, at least when I see him. Now he just needs to get behind the decks...You've got the potential Ramon...work it!

Best of luck with this venture Stryke.

:eek::D ... yah we'll see maybe we'll see me again at jazid at some point ;)

if i do .. it will be something different .. as usual

:cool:

Originally posted by o0djfx0o

Teaching some where one is can get pretty challenging sometimes. A dear friend of mine counts like this...

One-and-two-and-three-and-four-and...etc

Only problem is that his downbeat counts fall on the "and" parts of his counts...and I've never been able to break him out of it. To think he can tear up a dancefloor a half beat off al night long just boggles my mind!

hehehe

Best of luck Stryke

FX

Hey Teach! Long time no lesson! ;)