Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Will jersey ever have a real club??

OK, now i live here (not happy about it) but i was wondering, considering jersey is one of the most populated states why can't we have a decent club???

I mean shit...

90% of the club in NJ are either too small for comfort or are for tennagers/ under 21 clubs

the remaining 10% pass off as OK but they are mainly by the beaches, in-land you can't find shit worth attending...

why can't we get some HUGE clubs in jersey???

Some with decent Dj's , Huge rooms 20,000+ sq feet in size, and oh yeah EYE-CANDY??

Why do we need to go NYC to enjoy a "REAL" club, I mean shit with all the damn money we pay to live in this hell hole, one would think we'd have a good night life...WHERE IS IT???

Don't mind me I'm jsut venting, I'm sick all these sweat boxes...

Only decent clubs I'm gone to, have all been down at the beach..or the city..

Originally posted by xtremity

OK, now i live here (not happy about it) but i was wondering, considering jersey is one of the most populated states why can't we have a decent club???

I mean shit...

90% of the club in NJ are either too small for comfort or are for tennagers/ under 21 clubs

the remaining 10% pass off as OK but they are mainly by the beaches, in-land you can't find shit worth attending...

Some with decent Dj's , Huge rooms 20,000+ sq feet in size, and oh yeah EYE-CANDY??

Why do we need to go NYC to enjoy a "REAL" club, I mean shit with all the damn money we pay to live in this hell hole, one would think we'd have a good night life...WHERE IS IT???

its not the club- its the crackheads that live there- fuggettaabbooouuttiiitt

I mean shit...

ok Dude give me an example of what you Call a REAL CLUB... I'm gonna try to help you out here

We did have a real club, it was called METRO LOUNGE!!!;)

Ya no , without getting into a debate, i think the real question should be.....................when is NEW YORK gonna get a REAL CLUB.:eek:

And please DO NOT tell me ny is so SIIICK......it is not.

MOST (not all, almost all)of the venues in NYC do NOT:

CARE ABOUT THEIR SOUND SYSTEMS

DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR LIGHTING

DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EVENTS

DO NOT CARE ABOUT ENTERTAINMENT

DO NOT CARE ABOUT TREATING THEIR CUSTOMERS WITH RESPECT

DO NOT PUT $$$$$ BACK INTO THEIR CLUBS

do not really realize that the point of going out is to....HAVE FUN!!! (wow, what a theory), but wait, i guess the clubs in the city are "keepin it real". Well as they keep, keeping it real, nj will be on an upswing, cause i see nyc slipping even more than it already has. Watch.....................

and then they wonder why most of their parties barley can last a year.

NJ HAS CLUBS THAT GIVE YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT....CONSISTINCY

CLUBS LIKE DEKO,SOUNDGARDEN, THE OLD METRO, SHORE CLUBS GIVE THEIR CUSTOMERS WHAT THEY WANT AND DONT RAPE THEM AT THE SAME TIME. Thats why they are around for more than a year.

So i ask, when is a real CITY club gonna open that

has:

an amazing sound system

amazing lights

great, friendly crowd

and....ready for this...................MUSIC THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE AND WANT TO HEAR WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT AND KNOW THAT WHEN THEY GO BACK THE NEXT WEEK, ITS NOT GONNA BE SOME BULLSHIT DJ FROM "OVERSEAS" THAT ABSOLUTLY SUCKS ASS!!!!!!(BUT HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE "BIG TIME".

AND THAT ALSO LASTS FOR MORE THAN A YEAR OR SO.......

Until then, enjoy Jersey everyone. Its ALOT better than the "city" people would like to think (OR HOPE). sHOW BE A CLUB IN THE CITY THAT DOES NOT HAVE A STRONG JERSEY FOLLOWING, I WILL SHOW YOU A CITY CLUB THAT IS PRETTY BEAT.

remember go out and have fun.....hook up ...dance.....party.....THATS WHAT ITS ABOUT!!!!!:D

And it also seems the city is gonna have some early closing times, do you think it is an accident that the new clubs in the city are closing early? i dont think so......Kind of makes you wonder dosent it?

long live OLD SCHOOL FACTORY

Originally posted by arkmoned

ok Dude give me an example of what you Call a REAL CLUB... I'm gonna try to help you out here

Go to vegas night clubs, RA, STUDIO 54, RAIN

go to Europe clubs, Cleopatra, Blue EAgle, Napolean etc,,

HELL show a club that's better than Shitty ass EXIT or webster hall in NJ,

name a club that isn't a sweat box????

JUST ONE...

they are all sweat boxes...

actually, sayerville sucks in general...

Belmar, Wildwood, seaside, are the only places with decent clubs..

WORST CLUB OF NJ = ABYSS!!!!

OMG I can't believe some of you still go there, my basement is bigger than that club...ughhh and the music oh man...

I mean shit...

u dont get out allot do you..

ALL I CAN SAY IS WHEN STUDIO 9 OPENS............ JERSEY WILL HAVE IT'S CLUB AND THE BIGGEST ONE EVER WITHE THE BIGGEST DJ LINE UP'S AND SYSTEM AND LIGHTS AND TRULY A CLUB THAT IS DEDICATED TO THE PEOPLE... PLUS OPEN TILL 3AM....

STUDIO 9 WILL CHANGE NJ FOREVER.... U WILL SEE........

Jersey had a Real club

HUNKA BUNKA

none of the18 and over cheese so it would get filled up. People dressed nice, lots of eye candy for years, club was decorated nicely and had a great DJ. The club scene isnt what it use to be and they weren't filling it and sold it.

Super clubs in the city are having a hard time because it seems lounges are the trend.

I think Bunka wasthe best "real" club in the state. Abyss coming a close second.Those guys know how to do a party and keep up on things. It wasnt just some resturant or something converted into a club

I mean shit...

to make a novel into a short story, answer is no

Originally posted by djlilcee

ALL I CAN SAY IS WHEN STUDIO 9 OPENS............ JERSEY WILL HAVE IT'S CLUB AND THE BIGGEST ONE EVER WITHE THE BIGGEST DJ LINE UP'S AND SYSTEM AND LIGHTS AND TRULY A CLUB THAT IS DEDICATED TO THE PEOPLE... PLUS OPEN TILL 3AM....

hopefully this place is amazing. Not to knock anyone but we been hearing about this forover a year. Alot longer than we been hearing about spirit and crobar and they both are open. Whats the hold up ????

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

Jersey had a Real club

HUNKA BUNKA

none of the18 and over cheese so it would get filled up. People dressed nice, lots of eye candy for years, club was decorated nicely and had a great DJ. The club scene isnt what it use to be and they weren't filling it and sold it.

Super clubs in the city are having a hard time because it seems lounges are the trend.

I think Bunka wasthe best "real" club in the state. Abyss coming a close second.Those guys know how to do a party and keep up on things. It wasnt just some resturant or something converted into a club

I AGREE WITH ALL U SAID BUT ALSO THE WHOLE DANCE INDUSTRY AND MUSIC ISN'T THE SAME AS IT USE TO BE... I MEAN I LIKE HIPHO TO LISTEN TO IN CAR OR WHATEVER BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER SEE THE DAY WHEN EXIT PLACES HIP HOP ON MAIN DANCE FLOOR OR I HAVE TO PLAY HIPHOP SETS BECAUSE THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH BIG DANCE RECORDS...

hopefully this place is amazing. Not to knock anyone but we been hearing about this forover a year. Alot longer than we been hearing about spirit and crobar and they both are open. Whats the hold up ????

I CAN'T REALLY SAY..... BUT I FEEL THAT IT WAS A MISTAKE TO TALK ABOUT THIS PLACE AND HYPE IT WHEN IT IS SOOO FAR AWAY FROM BEING HERE...

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT TO OPEN A CLUB IT TAKES SOOO MUCH BULLSHIT... INSPECTORS PERMITS, MAKE SUER THIS IS FIREPROOF AND THAT... JUST POLITICS AND I GUESS THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE DID NOT EXPECT SO MANY POLITICS.... IF ANYONE CAN UNDERSTAND THAT..... BUT THE CLUB IS EXPECTED TO OPEN... WHEN???????????????????????????? LOL NO CLUE... BUT IF IT DOES..... SHIT JERSEY GET READY....

I AGREE WITH ALL U SAID BUT ALSO THE WHOLE DANCE INDUSTRY AND MUSIC ISN'T THE SAME AS IT USE TO BE... I MEAN I LIKE HIPHO TO LISTEN TO IN CAR OR WHATEVER BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER SEE THE DAY WHEN EXIT PLACES HIP HOP ON MAIN DANCE FLOOR OR I HAVE TO PLAY HIPHOP SETS BECAUSE THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH BIG DANCE RECORDS...

Definatly agree with you on that. Platinum plays hip hop in the man room and dance in the lounge. CRap is in. Everything Cycles. and club wil be back again. Its almost 2004 they say trends come back every 20 yrs or so. I can reember in 84 RUN DMC and all that were out. but house music has always lasted.

I CAN'T REALLY SAY..... BUT I FEEL THAT IT WAS A MISTAKE TO TALK ABOUT THIS PLACE AND HYPE IT WHEN IT IS SOOO FAR AWAY FROM BEING HERE...

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT TO OPEN A CLUB IT TAKES SOOO MUCH BULLSHIT... INSPECTORS PERMITS, MAKE SUER THIS IS FIREPROOF AND THAT... JUST POLITICS AND I GUESS THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE DID NOT EXPECT SO MANY POLITICS.... IF ANYONE CAN UNDERSTAND THAT..... BUT THE CLUB IS EXPECTED TO OPEN... WHEN???????????????????????????? LOL NO CLUE... BUT IF IT DOES..... SHIT JERSEY GET READY....

for someone who knows something bout studio 9, i am assuming you will be DJing there

Well………Dudes this thread is pretty interesting the thread starter is clearly some dude that’s looking for a reaction... In say that I still ask what is your point , for you to make fun of Abyss, name me a club in jersey that’s been around longer…. Was abyss a mistake were they lucky…..

Temptations…. Come on dude are you fucking kidding me temptations is like a hallmark card…….

Hunka Bunka… was around for 12 years maybe more…..

Joeys been around for years……….

Oh shit wait Soundgarden the place has been there for ever

And Metro that club was around for at least 7 years

Dudes don’t talk about New York City….. The Clubs in the city are a Joke Studio 54 please

I have to say the only hooked up club in the city was the Palladium Period

Originally posted by ml2k3

So i ask, when is a real CITY club gonna open that

has:

an amazing sound system

amazing lights

great, friendly crowd

and....ready for this...................MUSIC THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE AND WANT TO HEAR WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT AND KNOW THAT WHEN THEY GO BACK THE NEXT WEEK, ITS NOT GONNA BE SOME BULLSHIT DJ FROM "OVERSEAS" THAT ABSOLUTLY SUCKS ASS!!!!!!(BUT HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE "BIG TIME".

AND THAT ALSO LASTS FOR MORE THAN A YEAR OR SO.......

remember go out and have fun.....hook up ...dance.....party.....THATS WHAT ITS ABOUT!!!!!:D

So not to knock Hip-hop, but what you are saying about the dj's from overseas is only your opinion.

i know most of the DJ's that come to the "BIG" clubs in the city

and they dont "SUCK ASS." And i know alot of the songs that they mix in their sets.

Just within the last year i have really picked up on electronic music and while alot of clubs here play hip-hop and Top-40 stuff, overseas, trance, tek, and DnB is ruling the rest of the world.

I listen to the same stuff all day long in the car on the radio. When i go out to a club i dont wanna here the same stuff i here all day long. Listening to almost every station known in the area, it still gets boring as hell when you here the same song 10-15 times a day on different stations.

billy

I'll be walking with a cane by the time Studio9 opens up.

Guest bonsolidd

Jersey had a Real club

HUNKA BUNKA

Hunka Bunka Burnin' luv awwww the memories.....but good things are on the way for central NJ:hat: