Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: CLUB Planet DJ's

Bling

What made you want to become a DJ?

Did u get into it for the

a) love of the music

B) money (as in ur main career or as a hobby at first)

c) perks

Just want to hear what all of you say. I really want to learn how to spin. I know it takes dedication and hard work but im willing to put a huge effort and I just want to see how you all felt before you all began to spin

Guest bluboy

:laugh: :laugh:

So far, I've never gotten paid and it doesn't bother me. I have "alternate" sources of income. Mainly I do it cause I love house and I like to see people dance. I bought my 1200's after reading 'Last Night a Dj Saved My Life.'

Bling, I can lend it to you if you want but I must find my copy first.

First and foremost, it of course has to be the love of music.....but it also is being able to convey a message to people....before I started I was always out on the dancefloor and the emotions I got from the music would come over me and it was pure and fantastic....something that didn't have to be explained, it was just felt.....music is about every emotion a person can feel and there are so many different ways to to take those emotions and express them, be it through song, drums, rhythms etc. I wanted to be able to share what made me feel that way with others and the best way I knew how was by expressing myself through the music I love. Its an amazing feeling to actually move a person to dance, it speaks right to the very soul.

well put lyrik. that is exactly how i feel and why i want to get into the biz

i still dont know if i want to spin trance or tribal house though its 50/50 at this point for me.. but then again im getting ahead of myself i need equipment lol

Originally posted by lyrik

First and foremost, it of course has to be the love of music.....but it also is being able to convey a message to people....before I started I was always out on the dancefloor and the emotions I got from the music would come over me and it was pure and fantastic....something that didn't have to be explained, it was just felt.....music is about every emotion a person can feel and there are so many different ways to to take those emotions and express them, be it through song, drums, rhythms etc. I wanted to be able to share what made me feel that way with others and the best way I knew how was by expressing myself through the music I love. Its an amazing feeling to actually move a person to dance, it speaks right to the very soul.

:werd:

spoken like a true musical soul--

Very eloquent and well put, lyrik.

Originally posted by eKiTeL

I didn't choose DJing, DJing chose me... ;)

:cool:

That sorta happend to me :tongue:

I was given some CD decks and a mixer. Started playing messing around with some tracks and before you know it, I was recording mixes for myself because I hated just hearing 1 track at a time. Then, some friends heard some of my mixes and wanted copies. So I gave them out. And wouldn't ya know, more and more people found out about it. Look at me today! :)