Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Music freaks enter here :)

Bling

Ok this is getting out of control. I have a 90 min or so trip to work from my house... so im always listening to some house or trance. so thats 180 min in the car 5 days a week.

then i usually listen to more at home, for another hour each day.

then on weekends usually i go out once or rarely twice a week. id say 6 hrs or so more :)

how much do you guys listen to. and what do u listen to most..

lately its been 50/50 btw trance and tribal house

Hmmm... Oddly enough, I like to listen to a lot of music other than house etc. while in the car... Especially because it helps me "enjoy" house music even more... I like to listen to Jazz, Acid Jazz and I always have some new "alternative", punk etc. in the CD changer in the car. I'm really digging this band called Story of the Year who are opening up for P.O.D. and Linkin Park in March. I just like all kinds of music damnit!!! When I "clean" my ears with a variety of music, the music I play on the weekends sounds that much more refreshing and full of life!!! :cool:

well i have 400+ hours of music including the cheese which i dont listen to. that leaves around 380 that i would consider listening to. i usually listen to zabiela, burridge, howells, northern exposure, cusick, kleinenberg & once in a while i listen to some telefon tel aviv.

I've been listening to a lot of stations on Live365.com

some of my favs are:

Babe Society (kitschy old rockabilly, doo wop and stuff)

Gearhead Radio (garage punk)

OldSchoolLive (old school hip hop)

Canuteach Crooners (vocal standards from the 40's)

New Wave Classics (from 1977-86)

Mod Radio UK (goofy 60's rock and soul)

I don't drive so much anymore, but when I do I usually just listen to 88.9, there's a good salsa show, and Bob Parlocha late nights with decent jazz, usually a bit too smooth, but decent

I agree with Vaughanz listening to other styles helps me appreciate house & techno much more when I'm spinning, though I also listen to a lot of downloaded dj sets in order to learn from others...

Well, on my 10 hour drive home tomorrow I will have ALL kinds of music in my car from Manilow to Metallica to Edgar V to MIRZA and MENG's cds to my personal fave as of late which is Cyndi Laupers new cd "At Last" and Michael Buble's new cd also. These 2 people have AMAZING voices...its like I am in a dreamworld listening to them.

Completely agree w/ vaughanz + ekittel... jazz is the shit for some nights in the car. Usually listen to 91.3. They play good jazz after a certain hr., during the day they play something else. As mentioned before there's plenty of stations where they play good salsa and cuban rythms. Always try to jam to something else in the car besides banging stuff... usaully go with a more relaxed type of drive... kruder and dorfmeister hasn't left my car in 6yrs or so....just don't get boared of them.

Originally posted by pod

My parents lucked out, their new car has Sirius satellite radio...the stations there rock :laugh:

Yeah!!! I just got a new ride and have XM Satellite... there's a ton of crap, but you're right... some of the stations are pretty killer! Especially because you can "time warp" to any decade of music! They have a 40's, 50's, 60's.. all the way to "Today's Top 20!" They have three dance channels and include weekly shows by Louie Vega, Tom Stephan, D:Fuse, Deepsky, David Morales and many many more! They have a good Jazz station as well as a decent rock station too!

AND if you REALLY get bored, you can actually isten to MTV, CNN and my fave... Bloomberg!

I listen to music ALL the time. Even when I was a kid I had headphones attached to my ears, I looked like Otto on The Simpsons. I too have a long drive to and from work, but in the morning listen to Howard Stern. My music styles range from techno, tech/house, tribal house, electro, industrial, trance, alternative rock.

Guest saleen351

my round trip communte to mid town nyc on broadway next to the espn zone was 4.5 hours a day....

had my lap top loaded with movies and music....

i wish i could give you guys the keys to the vault of the new nyc live sets... then you would ditch all that crap you listen to now...

but sorry, the vault is only open to tri state peeps...

btw David Morales rocksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

i got in a few monster choons this week, i'm waiting on the cue sheets for the track ids... i'll post them when i'm back in fla...

btw, i hope you trance losers when stopped at a light turn your trance down, if not you guys are the dorks us guidos make fun of... nothing worst than driving some rice with some cheese on the system...

:laugh:

Originally posted by saleen351

btw, i hope you trance losers when stopped at a light turn your trance down, if not you guys are the dorks us guidos make fun of... nothing worst than driving some rice with some cheese on the system...

:laugh:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Who cares what they're playing.

Roll up your window then beyyotch:eek: :eek::D