Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who's Been To Ibiza Already? Need Advice

As a lot of people have said .. it's best to go either mid July or mid September, if your going for the clubs. You'll hit either the opening parties or the closing parties and these are normally the best parties on the Island. www.ibiza-spotlight.com has a clubbing calendar which lists who's on and where (though its still showing 2003). Most people in the UK aim to organise things around when their fave DJ's on.

We went last year for the Defected opening party with Sandy Rivera, the Garlands opening and the Miss Moneypenny opening, together with Space on Sundays, DC10 and Manumission.

The only confirmed date so far is the Space opening which is the last Sunday in May - this coincides with a days holiday in the UK.

You may find it cheaper if you go via London. NYC - London isn't that expensive and you can book www.easyjet.com which goes to Ibiza from London Stansted. At the moment you are looking at a cost of $75 one way London to Ibiza. Only problem is you have to change airports - but you could always start your holiday with a bang and have a night in London (Ministry of Sound for example) to start your holiday.

I'd stay in Playa den Bossa again - though this year I would stay at Jet Apartments, which is next door to Bora Bora. Its not luxurious but its clean and the rooms are big by European standards - with air conditioning - which a lot of hotels DON'T have. Prices are very reasonable too.

Hiring a car would probably be an idea for a couple of days if you plan on seeing the island - but you don't need one for the whole time - the bus service is good and taxi's are metered and readily available. You can either pre-book and ring one - or find one at a taxi rank.

The clubs get going at around 3am and happily go on until 7am minimum - if your still going there is always Space!

Dress code depends on the night you go to - but its mainly casual - cool trainers and loose pants with a t-shirt or a shirt would be fine for most places. However for girls, a lot don't wear much at all.

Have fun!

XTCGSPOT-

I've been to Ibiza 5 years in a row (even spent the first week of our honeymoon there with a bunch of friends before heading to Italy), and here is my advice. I partied every other night, and spent a lot of time at the beach, in the towns, and taking in the island. Ibiza has a lot to offer, be sure to explore the old city. However, I planned the trips around the DJ's and when/where they were spinning.

1. What is your budget? I would identify that first. I agree with most of the posts, stay on the east side of the island (Playa D'en Bossa or Ibiza Town). I like Ibiza town, The Ocean Drive hotel is at the Marina, and it's a great scene. The closest you will get to an Ian Schrager hotel if that's what you like. Otherwise, there are a ton of hotels on the beach in Playa D'en Bossa, like Cancun.

2. Ibiza is a summer destination, so your limited to July-September. I always check the clubbing calendar on Ibiza-Spotlight.com and plan my trip according to what DJ's I want to see. I wouldn't choose july over august or vice-versa, it's up to you. Trust me...once you get off the plane...all is good.

3. I always rented a car, because I drove to the beach everyday (Ses Salinas, south part of the Island, home of Sa Trincha (or Sa Trinxa). This is by far the best beach, based on the music and the people. Otherwise, come out of Space...walk across the street, and have fun.

4. Food. You get what you pay for. I always brought a few boxes of Power Bars or Zone Bars, they came in handy.

If you can afford it, Plaza del Sol above the castle is great, as well as all the places in Dalt Villa.

5. Remember: Dinner at 11PM, Bars at 1AM and Clubs at 3AM. Do not show up to a club at 11PM, or you will be alone. In Ibiza town, go to a bar named Dome (outside bar, very cool.) They have parades everynight promoting the clubs and you can get discount passes. Also, the staff have free passes to every event, just ask them AFTER you gave a good tip. I made a great connection, and I paid admission 1 out of every 5 times. Plus, the staff know where the private beach parties are, etc.

6. Dress - Whatever. You can where gym pants, sneakers and a tank top, or you can where a g-string with a pink wig. No one cares. Make sure you have good shoes/sneakers......

7. I would go to the Ibiza Spotlight website, and check out all the hotels. Airfare is easy, just go online.

8. Do NOT miss: Sundays at Space 8AM Sunday to 6 AM Monday(The terrace closes at 11PM, so be sure to get there a few hours earlier), Sanchez at Pacha, and afterhours at DC-10.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how long did u go for? 1 full week, with 2 days in Barcelona

where's a good place to stay? Playa D'enBossa, choose an apartment hotel!!!

did u book thru a travel agent or take an online deal? Book it yourself and you'll save lots of money

wut kind of package did u get(all-inclusive, etc.)?

how much did u pay for airfare/hotel? airfare $750 from NY

how much did u spend during the trip? Total cost of trip (including , scooter rental, food, alcohol & "vitamins" = $1,800)

Avoid staying by Space or Bora Bora, the planes flying overhead might affect you.

I stayed at an aparment hotel. There were 3 of us and the rooms fit 4 people. It had 2 rooms, the 2nd room was a living room with couches/sofabed, balcony & kitchen with fridge. It was a bargin for $135 a nite!!! The name is "Tivoli apartments".

Plan the trip yourself, I'd avoid August. That's the most businest time. Ibiza is also a hot spot for families. So cost of everything goes up in August.

The cost of the trip is DEFINATELY worth it!!!!! If you love to party, love trance music, love beautiful European women, love the beach then GO TO IBIZA!!!

You can book everything on your own. Ask me any other question.Keep in mind the exchange rate will affect your total cost. Right now the Euro is clobering the Dollar :-(

did u book thru a travel agent or take an online deal? Book it yourself and you'll save lots of money

how much did u spend during the trip? Total cost of trip (including , scooter rental, food, alcohol & "vitamins" = $1,800)

Avoid staying by Space or Bora Bora, the planes flying overhead might affect you.

I stayed at an aparment hotel. There were 3 of us and the rooms fit 4 people. It had 2 rooms, the 2nd room was a living room with couches/sofabed, balcony & kitchen with fridge. It was a bargin for $135 a nite!!! The name is "Tivoli apartments".

Plan the trip yourself, I'd avoid August. That's the most businest time. Ibiza is also a hot spot for families. So cost of everything goes up in August.

The cost of the trip is DEFINATELY worth it!!!!! If you love to party, love trance music, love beautiful European women, love the beach then GO TO IBIZA!!!

You can book everything on your own. Ask me any other question.Keep in mind the exchange rate will affect your total cost. Right now the Euro is clobering the Dollar :-(

Originally posted by xtcgspot

i'll be goin this august/september, and we'll be booking the trip within the next month. but i need some advice on the best way to go about this trip. i got some questions:

how long did u go for?

where's a good place to stay?

did u book thru a travel agent or take an online deal?

how much did u pay for airfare/hotel?

how much did u spend during the trip?

answers to any of these questions will help me out. im just trying to get a general idea of how other ppl went about this trip. my main concern is whether we should use a travel agent or try some online deal.

...I went to Ibiza 2 summers in a row...

first year I went for 5 days

second year for 3 days

Stayed in Blau Parc Hotel both times....LOVED IT! beautiful hotel, HUGE pool, right by the beach....a short walk to San Antonio Town....Club Eden, Es Paradiso and a few more....cant remember

booked hotel online.....about $140-50 a night

http://ibiza-hotels.com/blaupark/

spend a lot of money....airfare was like $140 from Barcelona to ibiza...

....clubs are VERY expensive like 35-50 a night....drinks are VERY expensive as well...like a small water bottle in a club is usually $8.... :blank:

Its a great experience, but Im not planning on going back anytime soon....

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

.drinks are VERY expensive as well...like a small water bottle in a club is usually $8.... :blank:

yea seriously... at pacha, water was 8 Euros a bottle... and the kicker, it was a glass bottle w/ no top... granted we can't drink the water from the tap there anyway, but 8 Euros a bottle when you cant' refill is crazy...

Ibiza is crazy, its the club capital of the world.

These are the places to hit:

Space

Cream

Amnesia

Privelege

Manumission

In addition, there are plenty of afterhours clubs, straight and gay, the dj's are local but still awesome. The clubs above have dj's like Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten and Judge Jules as residents, and others as well. Lots of beautiful, freaky women as well.

Have fun!!!!!!!