Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory and its Saturday Raw Nights

I checked out the new years party and it was packed with the gay crowd, why is that? Just cause factory hosts Sat gay nights doesnt mean the NYE party had to be gay too. Is SF going to change back into straight Sat parties at all anytime soon? Why tf did they start SF Raw sat's anyways?

Also what's up with Fridays? Why has factory been closed on fridays?

and the last question: Are sat raw parties at sf busy at all or is the place empty. I have not been to sf since the gay thing started excluding new years but I was wondering if the club is still packed or empty, or is it just the main floor thats packed?

thanks a lot for yall help

Originally posted by klubbernyc

I checked out the new years party and it was packed with the gay crowd, why is that? Just cause factory hosts Sat gay nights doesnt mean the NYE party had to be gay too. Is SF going to change back into straight Sat parties at all anytime soon? Why tf did they start SF Raw sat's anyways?

Also what's up with Fridays? Why has factory been closed on fridays?

and the last question: Are sat raw parties at sf busy at all or is the place empty. I have not been to sf since the gay thing started excluding new years but I was wondering if the club is still packed or empty, or is it just the main floor thats packed?

thanks a lot for yall help

Have you seen the flyers? Men for men raw? what straight guy would want to go to that? Gay party is one thing but when vasquez is there even women are not wanted.... I heard they had plans for fridays but it fell though so who knows, they could have a good fri night there.

I've been to Sound Factory only once since the beginning of the RAW party, and at no time did I notice any type of "men-only" policy at the door. In fact, many women (beautiful and not so beautiful) were being let in with no problem. Obviously, the crowd was predominantly gay, as is a large portion of Junior's following, but the vibe never struck me as being unwanting of women. Overall, the door policy didn't seem nearly as fucked up as it was for Juniorverse @ Twilo.

that's a bit far off man!

So i take it from rudeboyyouth that Jr isn't pulling the "i'm not spinning until that girl gets off the dance floor" stuff he used to? LOL. I remember my outta town friends who'd never heard of a gay party or JR and were used to getting shot down at doors if they showed without a skirt next to them were :eek:

i used to love what he spun back then thou...

thats kind of a hard question. i consider the talent brounght in to the amazura is great. the overall venue is kinda shady. the owners pull some wacky shit sometimes. i think the party at SF will be pretty sick due to a solid mix of a good venue and solid talent being brought in.

agreed on the A shadiness...only been there a couple times though.

i guess what i'm saying is when you say "talent" who are you talking about? are we talking hardcore? a total mix? spacegirl? pleasurehead? (not stating a preference just trying to figure what u'r talking about)

If I may....

Junior's parties lately have been overall very good. And not all gay either. The Music is real good and it goes pretty late. People seem to forget how bad the SF was those last months Jonathan Peters was there. It was getting really seedy. Too many dirtbags nearly ruined the club. I am not gay and I goto Junior's parties. I admit you have to be tolerant & non-homophobic to feel comfortable. But I do. Hands down one of the best consistent parties in NYC right now. Some go check it out. Bring some friends and go dance.He is one of the best Djs out there.

Have fun.

I'll have enough to time to recoup from Nation this Friday, so I'll most likely head to Factory this weekend. As I stated earlier, I went once since Junior's started spinning there, and I had a great time - definitely greater than the last few months at Soundfactory under JP.

Well when I went to factory on New Years the music was like totally awesome, i didnt really mind the gay crowd as I was rollin way too hard to care and there were quite a few girls too but its a shame that SF hosts gay parties nowadays.

My friend wants me to come with him to SF this sat so I be the one raving with the brightest green photons, watch out !!!!

heh

peace

I was one of the loudest bashers of JR @ SF as I am a HUGE JP fan.... Here's the skinny. (Or at least what I've heard) Reg Sat nights @ SF have been pullin about 600 people. The music has been boring/bland/poor/horrid, depending on who you ask. (If you don't beleive me- read JR's own board. He's getting ripped by his own fans.) The weekend before NYE they did 200 people. Now we'll all give the benefit of the doubt that everyone but the hardest core were savin up for NYE. I head NYE @ SF was great. The music was unreal and it was vintage JR. If thats the case excellent. Good for him. SF is a GREAT VENUE. (Might be the best run, cleanest, most professional operation in NYC.) If the weekely party is not doing good there WILL be changes made, no matter what anyone says..... If the #'s don't improve RG will pull the plug on the JR experiment. Now that doesn't mean JP will be back, but obviously he has alot of overhead and the numbers to date are not going to pay the bills. JP @ SF is the PAST.... That ERA is over. He's gonna get his spot and do his thing and life goes on..... If the policy @ SF is mixed, but mostly gay that will help them to compete with every other club out there. Who knows what will lie in store for SF in the coming months...... Time will tell. But without a doubt the pressure is on.....