Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>The House Dance Conference...

Was AMAZING!!!!

This is one of the BEST EXPERIENCES Ive EVER had!

I have NEVER seen sooo many amazing dancers in the same room in MY LIFE!!!!!

.....You should go to the House Dance Conference Next month!

Feb. 5th @ Demerera's

214 west 28th Street

I guarantee you will be standing there like :eek: :eek: :eek::eek:

....the BEST CROWD EVER!!!!! and the BEST MUSIC!!!! :D

Originally posted by iamsamurai

Yes i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooved it.

By the way, it's February 5th not 4th ;op

and i will most DEF be there again.

oops...I fixed it ;)

i was bit tipsy when I wrote the post...hehehehe ;)

Cant wait for the next conference! :D

its $10 if you say you got AN email...no print-out necessary...

10-4am...

IM TELLING YOU THE BEST DANCERS in NYC are THERE!!!!

I was like :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Like girls spinning on their heads, guys popping, locking, b-boying, house dancing, battling!!!

I MEAN SICK SICK DANCERS!!!!!!!!

yeah this thurs was the first one i had been to since the summer, and i started going last year. i love when they have the house contest... but why r u posting it on this board, i mean it is cool to tell ppl about it who would actually appreciate it, but that place is tiny - we dont want just random clubbers crowding the floor. not trying to be like exclusive, but it is mad small... i would say, only go if u wanna witness really hot dancing or if u think ur a good HOUSE dancer. and dont try to go for the music, bc the djs arent really up to par at all.

Originally posted by leener4269

yeah this thurs was the first one i had been to since the summer, and i started going last year. i love when they have the house contest... but why r u posting it on this board, i mean it is cool to tell ppl about it who would actually appreciate it, but that place is tiny - we dont want just random clubbers crowding the floor. not trying to be like exclusive, but it is mad small... i would say, only go if u wanna witness really hot dancing or if u think ur a good HOUSE dancer. and dont try to go for the music, bc the djs arent really up to par at all.

i posted this because there are a lot of great dancers on this board that probably havent heard of it ;) aaaaaaand .....people that can appreciate good dancers...

and i think its ok to share something this amazing with people that can appreciate an art form...and i believe that only the people that have a passion for dance will actually show up to this event...and how would you know who would or woudnt be able to appreciate it on this board :confused:

Im a dancer and dance instructor...and I love sharing my artform with everyone.....So I believe you should share and teach the talent that was given to you by God....even if they arent gonna be the next Don Campbell....they still have the right to experience it, embrace it, learn it, and watch othe's interpration of it...

.....its ok....its not some sort of secret society ;)

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

i posted this because there are a lot of great dancers on this board that probably havent heard of it ;) aaaaaaand .....people that can appreciate good dancers...

and i think its ok to share something this amazing with people that can appreciate an art form...and i believe that only the people that have a passion for dance will actually show up to this event...

.....its ok....its not some sort of secret society ;)

I agree. Thanks for the info :)

The House Dance Conference is sick- good music, amazing vibe, and dope dancers. It's got a real, gritty, underground feel to it, unlike the generic, played out, unoriginal feel of most clubs these days. And when it says House dancing, to the uneducated heads out there, don't think that means AX-wearing, Diesel'd out, fake tan, steroid using dudes, and coked out girls..

it's people with unique style getting down to funky rhythms..I'm a dancer myself (specializing in BBoying)..i entered the contest last minute for the hell of it..downstairs is dope, that's where all the bboys, poppers, and lockers rock to funky breaks and real hip hop..

But like leener said, only a selct few should come through to this spot. It's not for Soundfactory heads, it's for true artists to be able to express themselves and interact with others.

Rumor

i didnt mean no one should go like its some kind of secret society. what i was trying to saying originally is this - im not being exclusive, i just really do think many ppl on this board hear "house" and think one thing entirely different from what the house dance conference truly is. but fine, if ur the expert dancer and instructor, tell everyone about it and then there will be no room at that tiny place to even get down.

however, like brian green himself said... some ppl can do the moves and think theyre dancing, but half the ppl dont even follow the beat. so for ppl who think they can dance just bc they got the choreography down, hdc is a wake up call... i think im a good dancer, then i go there and see the competiton or the circles and am in awe of the talents of the ppl there who are much older and more experienced than myself.

i agree dance is an artform that should be shared by many, i just dont think a "club" messageboard is the place to advertise this particular event. but what do i know...

i didnt mean no one should go like its some kind of secret society. what i was trying to saying originally is this - im not being exclusive, i just really do think many ppl on this board hear "house" and think one thing entirely different from what the house dance conference truly is. but fine, if ur the expert dancer and instructor, tell everyone about it and then there will be no room at that tiny place to even get down.

however, like brian green himself said... some ppl can do the moves and think theyre dancing, but half the ppl dont even follow the beat. so for ppl who think they can dance just bc they got the choreography down, hdc is a wake up call... i think im a good dancer, then i go there and see the competiton or the circles and am in awe of the talents of the ppl there who are much older and more experienced than myself.

i agree dance is an artform that should be shared by many, i just dont think a "club" messageboard is the place to advertise this particular event. but what do i know...

....never did i say i that i was an expert..... no way, Im not!!!!, Im just an intructor ;)

....trust me, i was watching everyone dance in there and i was BEYOND amazed...i felt like i was dreaming....i couldnt believe their were so many great dancers in one building.... :eek:

what ive studied for the most part of my life is ballet....then i began to get more involved w/ jazz, tap and modern....Ive never taken any poppping & locking classes....

...and i dont think anyone will go to this unless they appreciate good dancers pr are good dancers themselves....I dont see a typical guido running off on their thursday "DRINK NIGHT" to go to Demereras...

plus its a month away...if someone is really interested in going for the RIGHT reasons they will remember...all the rest will have forgotten about it and spending that thursday night @ their local bar or something... ;)

if you want to keep it hush hush, dont keep replying & keeping the thread on the top of the board ;)

for the third time, i never said i wanted to keep it "hush hush" - im responding bc i want to make ppl aware that this is not just an everyday event. but aright, this is the last one since every time i respond, i get a condescending attitude and sarcastic winks.

soooooo- correct date is 2/5/04 at demerrera?? yes??

werd.

Originally posted by housedog

I will be there next time and no I cant dance like the people here. But I can say I do appreciate good dancers.

And if we can bring a camera digital/video I will bring it.

im guessing i prolly ( actually def) can't dance like some in the house conf, but would love to check it out, do u HAVE to enter, or can someone come and have fun, i love good dancers and would like to check it out, is it strictly for those who can dance really well.....( like proffesionaly) i'm down for comin the next time its around:D

it is called house dance conference, but it just a gathering at a bar where ppl go to dance. the contests that ur speaking of "entering" r not mandatory, in fact u sign up for them only if u want when u arrive at the door. everyone is allowed in (with a 21 id) and the next one is feb 5 at demeraras.

Yup can't wait, honestly I went only to check out the dancers and the music, some of the funkiest house beats i've heard in a while.

All I could do was stand back and be like:eek: shit was tight like that, I can only hope to get as good as most those heads in there with time.

That cat Eric who won the contest TORE IT UP, dude was amazing. Lots of the girls there were bustin out tight shit and the dudes doin the ill footwork.

I will def go back and maybe this time i'll dance, is intimidatin with soooooooooooo many amazing dancers, props to them. They were the nicest chillest ppl too.

wow this does sound interesting indeed. Didnt even know there were any good dancers on this board. Im sure i will see a lot of shelter heads therei have 3 friends in mind who im sure if everybody sees them dance they will be amazed. Gotta let them know. Im goin to hang out see great dancers and watch and learn a few things. Something tells me i bet their will be one moron doin that stupid 2 step spiky hair dance. I was actually at a contest recently myself and did pretty good. Considering that i dont practice or go to school at all, or make it a passion orlifestlye like other people. I even beat a few breakers i dont know how sincei dont break. But this is for my eyes only. See ya there.