Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the slow CP....

nexusgroove

Here's a clue...

They've probably got the bandwidth for a decent amount of use.

I've met the man behind the machine a few times, and stupid he's not.

They've undoubtedly got a decent co-lo somewhere, probably at least OC-3 class.

The trick is, there's a whole lot of bullshit threads, posts, and so forth that are clogging the board at this time. I'm not gonna mention names, you all know who you are...grant it, sometimes I'll post something for the hell of it, but I'm hardly a chronic abuser. Attn: threads, clever wordplay on existing ones, and mile long sigs with 40 images in them, being accessed thousands of times an hour...your average server is gonna have issues. CP is a free operation, so it is not as if they've got a few IBM Blade servers or Sun boxen back there...maybe a few Dells in a rack at best, or something to that effect.

Only way out of this boggle is going to either be A) cut the bullshit, or B) CP becomes a pay service.

Or just ban images in sigs entirely. Works wonders elsewhere.

Put a restriction on in-post images too, limits on size (800 x 600 max maybe), and file size, though that is there already I think.

Turn off the drama forum and just obliterate out-of-hand posts and threads...basically the mods should operate in some sort of wrath-of-god mode.

Originally posted by pod

Here's a clue...

They've probably got the bandwidth for a decent amount of use.

I've met the man behind the machine a few times, and stupid he's not.

They've undoubtedly got a decent co-lo somewhere, probably at least OC-3 class.

The trick is, there's a whole lot of bullshit threads, posts, and so forth that are clogging the board at this time. I'm not gonna mention names, you all know who you are...grant it, sometimes I'll post something for the hell of it, but I'm hardly a chronic abuser. Attn: threads, clever wordplay on existing ones, and mile long sigs with 40 images in them, being accessed thousands of times an hour...your average server is gonna have issues. CP is a free operation, so it is not as if they've got a few IBM Blade servers or Sun boxen back there...maybe a few Dells in a rack at best, or something to that effect.

Only way out of this boggle is going to either be A) cut the bullshit, or B) CP becomes a pay service.

Linux cluster++ :)

Originally posted by pod

Or just ban images in sigs entirely. Works wonders elsewhere.

Put a restriction on in-post images too, limits on size (800 x 600 max maybe), and file size, though that is there already I think.

Turn off the drama forum and just obliterate out-of-hand posts and threads...basically the mods should operate in some sort of wrath-of-god mode.

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT ELIMINATING THE DRAMA BOARD.

SMALLER PICTURES WILL DO JUST FINE.

Originally posted by pod

Just a suggestion then :)..but I think turning off images in sigs will do wonders anyway.

I actually think if those few BS posters STOP and think of relevant things to say ,then wonders will be acheived . :idea: