Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jr. @ Sf

rezin

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still surprised they gave JP the boot. I'm not a fan of his present track selection, but the guy has a tremendous following and was packing that place week after week. I've heard rumors that JP and Grant had some personality conflicts; JP acted like he owned the place, etc. I can't see any other reason why JP would leave...

I'm also surprised Junior isn't pulling in better numbers. Maybe if he started playing earlier he would do better. No one wants to wait until 8 AM Sunday morning to hear him turn it.

I really don't know what direction Factory is headed if Junior leaves. I seriously doubt JP would come back after they booted him. But then again, JP built that room - and money talks.

All you JR lovers that talked all your shit for the past 2 months.... KISS MY ASS and ADMIT IT..... JUNIOR IS WASHED UP. End of story. He can't live on his past credentials.... Lawrance Taylor was the best linebacker ever to play football... But would I put him on the field now? No. Cause he's past his prime. Soooooo is JR.... End of story!!!!! Buhbye Junya...... Werq you diva bitch, just do it somewhere else......:laugh: As for Richard Grant..... Get the chapstick out and open the wallet, cause your gonna have to start smootching JP's ass hard now if you want anyone to ever go back to your club. JP built that place to what it was...... And nobody will ever fill that booth to his standard. He is the king of NYC now..... Face it.

iam not really a jr fan or a jp fan but i dont think jr killed factory

i mean before jp left the only time they were pulling in serious numbers were on theme nights, and if you look they had to make up stupid theme nights like once a month instead of the orginal ones they had like every 3 months you know it was gettin rediculous. richard grant took a risk and it blew up in his face and now jp is laughing and richard is in a state of not knowing what to do

the next few months will be interesting

Originally posted by aystar

iam not really a jr fan or a jp fan but i dont think jr killed factory

i mean before jp left the only time they were pulling in serious numbers were on theme nights, and if you look they had to make up stupid theme nights like once a month instead of the orginal ones they had like every 3 months you know it was gettin rediculous. richard grant took a risk and it blew up in his face and now jp is laughing and richard is in a state of not knowing what to do

the next few months will be interesting

haaha are u serious.. that shows how many times u visited jp on a regular nite........place was always packed.....sf jp on a theme nite 3652656952626 times packed..jp on a regular nite hed killlllll it.....jp was sf....let it rest.

Originally posted by waaaaa

haaha are u serious.. that shows how many times u visited jp on a regular nite........place was always packed.....sf jp on a theme nite 3652656952626 times packed..jp on a regular nite hed killlllll it.....jp was sf....let it rest.

That's not true. During JP's last year at Factory, his non-theme nights were nothing great in terms of numbers. On many regular nights, the club would be more than half-empty during peak-hour, with only a few heads hanging around on the upper floors, and few die-hard heads on the mainfloor.

I used to go to Factory every Saturday night when JP was there, on regular nights it would not be packed but there was still a shitload of people. There were more people on a reg night with JP then there was New Years with Junior. I do feel Junior is over, people are tired of that drama queen. And the reason Junior doesn't go on till 8 is that he is 60 and he is home sleeping till he gets up to go to work. SF should be called Geritol Factory. I went to SF and Exit New Years and the numbers speak for themselves. Junior no line no waiting to get in, Jonathan 3 hour wait just to get in and the club is bigger than SF and was still packed. Quoting JP "And they said the fans wouldn't follow". Well we did and we are begging for more JP. I also heard a rumor that Richard is tryiing to sell Factory. Can any one confirm might know a buyer hehehehehehehe.

IM sure the problem is juniors location. If he was spinning more around chelsea like peter at roxy does there wouldnt be a problem. maybe mtv truelife showed what factory look like and felt disgusted with the people an music. And the tourist dont wanna go anymore to be surround with the regulars.

Are you sure this moring was Juniors last party at SF or is that another rumor. If it is truely over I can say I told you so to my friends that love Junior. I always said SF was not a venue for Junior he should dj at Crobar there are alot of trannies there, it would be perfect for him especially since the booth towers over the dance floor, Junior always did like his booths that way. SF rest in peace.

Originally posted by waaaaa

That's bullshit. SF was often half empty on regular nights, which was why they were riding the theme-party bandwagon with stupid shit like the sock hop party. SF was done before Junior took over.

It's true- JR's done... This was the "grand finale" today.....:laugh:

Now all JR's fans are calling it the "FAKE SF", when a month ago- Jr was "Home"..... What a bunch of assholes.... Junior is soooooo washed up. He hasn't even done a good remix in a few years.... Pack it in JR. Your finished......:blown:

Originally posted by clublaw23

That's bullshit. SF was often half empty on regular nights, which was why they were riding the theme-party bandwagon with stupid shit like the sock hop party. SF was done before Junior took over.

Yea that 6,500 people @ Halloween really blew huh?????

Originally posted by djgrod

Yea that 6,500 people @ Halloween really blew huh?????

That was the exception not the rule genius. SF had a bad year in terms of numbers last year overall, and that comes straight from people in management. That, and also jp and rg not getting along are why jp's no longer there. Don't expect jp back at Factory even if junior leaves.

Originally posted by princessofsf

Are you sure this moring was Juniors last party at SF or is that another rumor. If it is truely over I can say I told you so to my friends that love Junior. I always said SF was not a venue for Junior he should dj at Crobar there are alot of trannies there, it would be perfect for him especially since the booth towers over the dance floor, Junior always did like his booths that way. SF rest in peace.

he's done ;)

Etienne! :D

numbers were bad every where in New York over the last year genius. Its called bad economics. My friends at Hogs and Heifers said numbers were down there this year and thats a little gold mine. My friends in the restuarant bizz said the same thing. I also have friends that are strippers and they said this is the worst year they have ever had in New York. If you think it was JP's fault #'s were down you would be wrong. If that was the case Exit would not have been packed on New Years and it was. Even though #'s might have been slightly down JP's worst night was still better than JV's best night at SF.

i've went to factory from day 1 and this past year was by far the worst there.it has nothing to do with junior or jon.but all of you who act that its juniors fault are out of your fucking minds.it's not,its just some people don't like change and think by not going to s.f. to hear junior is like helping their god j.p/give it a rest the whole nightlife indusry has been slow since 200.and that a fact.there is more to nightlife then s.f.,and jp yeah jon rocked it at sf and i had a good time but that didnt stop me from going to other places and enjoying those venues.and not for nothing if you read every review given on jp(on this board or any other)its always the same shit.he played luz blah blah blah etc.time to embrace the change and move on.and no i aint a newbie i've posted b4 and i cant get into my old sn.

Originally posted by djgrod

All you JR lovers that talked all your shit for the past 2 months.... KISS MY ASS and ADMIT IT..... JUNIOR IS WASHED UP. End of story. He can't live on his past credentials.... Lawrance Taylor was the best linebacker ever to play football... But would I put him on the field now? No. Cause he's past his prime. Soooooo is JR.... End of story!!!!! Buhbye Junya...... Werq you diva bitch, just do it somewhere else......:laugh: As for Richard Grant..... Get the chapstick out and open the wallet, cause your gonna have to start smootching JP's ass hard now if you want anyone to ever go back to your club. JP built that place to what it was...... And nobody will ever fill that booth to his standard. He is the king of NYC now..... Face it.

This is really the most assanine thing I've read on this board. If JP is the king of NYC then why can't I go listen to him every week? Oh wait, cuz hes old and washed up just like JR.

I say fuck it get rid of all these dinosaurs and make wya for some young talent.