Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rockefeller Drug Laws

I'm new to the board so I'm not sure if this was discussed.

I am bewildered about these laws. I can understand if they were passed as an idealistic solution to ending the robust illegal market for drugs but IT DOESN'T WORK. Child rapists and attempted murderers get less incarceration time than small time drug dealers. Im not talking metric tons here, OUNCES GET YOU DECADES IN PRISON while violent crimes get you much more miniscule ones in comparison. I'm curious why the lobbying groups in favor of abolishing this crap aren't being taken seriously. Does anyone here actually agree with Nelson's Rockefeller's laws?

• 3 months later...
I'm new to the board so I'm not sure if this was discussed.

I am bewildered about these laws. I can understand if they were passed as an idealistic solution to ending the robust illegal market for drugs but IT DOESN'T WORK. Child rapists and attempted murderers get less incarceration time than small time drug dealers. Im not talking metric tons here, OUNCES GET YOU DECADES IN PRISON while violent crimes get you much more miniscule ones in comparison. I'm curious why the lobbying groups in favor of abolishing this crap aren't being taken seriously. Does anyone here actually agree with Nelson's Rockefeller's laws?

The rockfeller drug laws are outdated and keep the wrong people in jail. It's not being taking seriously because many people in the hip-hop music industry are behind the movement to repeal the laws. However Pataki is starting to lean in favor of revising the laws and rightly so.

the war on drugs is like the war in vietnam there is no real way to win.

unless you drop a nuke

or are able to go into other countries and dismantle it from there

This post makes absolutely no sense.

This post makes absolutely no sense.

it makes some sense. I think he is referring to a way to stop importation of drugs, namely coke & heroin. A good dose of napalm to the cocaine fields of colombia would help the war on drugs somewhat.

however the most common drugs are stuff thats produced in the good ol' USA....such as E, pot, pcp, and crystal meth...as well as abused percription meds like oxycontin and percoset (now available in lollipop form!)

personally i think that the war on drugs would be a hell of a lot easier if pot was legal.

it makes some sense. I think he is referring to a way to stop importation of drugs, namely coke & heroin. A good dose of napalm to the cocaine fields of colombia would help the war on drugs somewhat.

however the most common drugs are stuff thats produced in the good ol' USA....such as E, pot, pcp, and crystal meth...as well as abused percription meds like oxycontin and percoset (now available in lollipop form!)

personally i think that the war on drugs would be a hell of a lot easier if pot was legal.

We do that, its called plan Colombia. US planes have thus far showered defoliant on more than 200,000 acres, killing not just coca plants but entire ecosystems; damaging legitimate crops, poisioning wated supplies, killing fish and livestock, uprooting entire villages, and causing people to suffer fevers, allergies and rashes.

All this because we can't contain our mammoth coke problems

Also because these drugs are not stamped with labels like briston -myers squibb, eli lilly or pfizer. We blame south america b/c the alternative is to believe that our national appetite for drugs is our own problem.

the funny thing is if they put that money towards law enforcement and put more cops on the street and legalized drugs we would all be alot safer

no doubt!

Chris Rock does a funny bit on why "brown people" black, hispanic can never become wealthy in this country b/c of the war on drugs

no doubt!

Chris Rock does a funny bit on why "brown people" black, hispanic can never become wealthy in this country b/c of the war on drugs

the fact you're insinuating that the main reason that colored people in this country can't succeed is because they aren't allowed to sell drugs is Baffling. are you saying that the best way for colored people in this country to become wealthy is through the drug trade? :vomit:

the fact you're insinuating that the main reason that colored people in this country can't succeed is because they aren't allowed to sell drugs is Baffling. are you saying that the best way for colored people in this country to become wealthy is through the drug trade? :vomit:

Do you read? i said CHRIS ROCK does a funny bit about it

Your an ass

but you said it though how else am I suppsoed to take it?

but i said CHRIS ROCK who last time i checked was a black comedian. Whose comedy HBO special has been on heavy rotation for the last 3 weeks. I thought someone might have seen it and would get a laugh

Is it still baffling to you?