Clubplanet Nightlife Community

After Morillo can we finally say...

Guest saleen351

Dont really think hip hop outgrew vinyl until pioneer made such a responsive cd player, there is more to a good hip hop dj than some scratching.....but I still think most hip hop djs will resist for a little while longer..

automix on fs...is like those computer created mix cds, you can tell the difference.

Who is Mark Brickman?

Well vinyl isn't completely dead. In fact, I've read somewhere that vinyl production volume is up to par to the one in the 80's, primarly because of DJ's. Those who scratch will stay with it, unless they get comfortable with something like CDJ-1000.

I personally do not use vinyl. I got FS and Traktor. I've had one person diss me for not spinning wax. That person later went on to play the most amusing horse gallop I've ever heard.

It's not the toys that you got. It's what you can do with the toys that you got.

Originally posted by pod

I see something like Final Scratch being the norm. Cueing up MP3s and putting it on automix is something a chimp can do.

automix can't beat match as well as a human, the automatic beat detection isn't 100% accurate, and even if it were 100% accuracy is not always going to give you the best sound, individual tracks have varying degress of shuffle and flam that have to be accounted for

the only way to get a very good beat match out of a machine is to use files that have beat markers manually added to them, and a software program that will match up the markers, which isn't too hard, I believe Mixmeister does it

regarding vinyl, it just sounds better, expecially compated to a compressed mp3, though on most systems you probably can't tell the difference, I wonder when they'll make a cd player that supports .ogg, I wonder if FS does

supports .ogg, I wonder if FS does

No, it doesn't but it might soon. It seems that .ogg support is up there on the list at the Native Instruments, who just happens to be responsible for the software part of FS.

All MP3s I use are 192kbs and I really do not hear a quality difference. In fact, quite often MP3s sound way better than vinyl. How many plays do you get out of a pressed vinyl?

Originally posted by juxt

No, it doesn't but it might soon. It seems that .ogg support is up there on the list at the Native Instruments, who just happens to be responsible for the software part of FS.

All MP3s I use are 192kbs and I really do not hear a quality difference. In fact, quite often MP3s sound way better than vinyl. How many plays do you get out of a pressed vinyl?

I read somewhere that you get about 200 plays out of vinyl before the sound quality noticeably deteriorates, but hey that's pary of the mystique of vinyl, good things don't last forever, the digital files might sound sharper and clearer, but nothing beats the warmth of real vinyl, the sound contains harmonics beyond the limits of human hearing that you can feel even though you don't actually hear them