Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why aren't pills as popular as they used to be?

montebrogan

Everyone remembers the "X boom" of '96 - 2000 (approximately). What happened to all the pills? They are still around, but nothing like they used to be.

Is it lack of demand? News of side effects that might happen down the line? Tougher new laws?

Curious to hear what the board members think...

Originally posted by montebrogan

Everyone remembers the "X boom" of '96 - 2000 (approximately). What happened to all the pills? They are still around, but nothing like they used to be.

Is it lack of demand? News of side effects that might happen down the line? Tougher new laws?

more pills being consumed now- more than ever- you statement is........off

depleted seratonin level's and long term depression have caused user's especially who have been in the scene for year's to stop using although for those who still use the effect's aren't even close to the same and don't last for half of the time they used too.............

not to mention it's not like the old day's when you cold get away with partying in a club, with the DEA's involvement with nightlife especially in Miami you won't ever catch my ass with any drug's on me in a club ever again.....

nothing fuck's up your roll like having 20 fucking undercover narc's or DEA agent's coming up to you every 5 minute's and asking you for drug's and then watching your ass like a hawk for the rest of the evening:mad:

I'm glad I'm retired.......................................

Wait. So you're telling me that pills are more popular now than they were in the 1990s? What part of the country are you from? (not sarcastic)

theres a l town btwn the hudson and east rivers. where are you from-not sarcastic

.. What I believed happen is that the "novelty" of E has subsided and has plateued off . E only became very popular from 1996 on up . Also the addition of other drugs into mainstream clubbing such as K, tina ,G has gained popularity with many E users . Pills are still prevalent where i go out at times .

I would attribute it to several factors. First one being the quality of pills that flooded the market in the later years was mediocre at best causing a majority of the derogatory side effects.

Secondly, as previously mentioned media propaganda.

Last but not least the pill poping kids of the mid to late 90's have matured. Many have truly, grown up and others who haven't have become more sophisticated drug users.

Sophisticated in the sense that their taste have evolved, along with their incomes in many cases; this has caused the increase in cocaine and Tina use that we now see. Long are the days of the big clubs and all night raves. The "X- BOOM " generation have become the modern day champagne drinking, cocaine sniffing lounge lizards.

In many circles, specifically here in NYC, Ecstasy, Ketamine and GHB are now deemed to be a more blue collar drug, hence making them lose their glamorous luster that they once had.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by xkingchangox

I would attribute it to several factors. First one being the quality of pills that flooded the market in the later years was mediocre at best causing a majority of the derogatory side effects.

Secondly, as previously mentioned media propaganda.

Last but not least the pill poping kids of the mid to late 90's have matured. Many have truly, grown up and others who haven't have become more sophisticated drug users.

Sophisticated in the sense that their taste have evolved, along with their incomes in many cases; this has caused the increase in cocaine and Tina use that we now see. Long are the days of the big clubs and all night raves. The "X- BOOM " generation have become the modern day champagne drinking, cocaine sniffing lounge lizards.

In many circles, specifically here in NYC, Ecstasy, Ketamine and GHB are now deemed to be a more blue collar drug, hence making them lose their glamorous luster that they once had.

Hope that helps.

i agree with what you say :aright:

idk.. i've been eating pills a lot lately. i took one like an hour ago. the pills i've been eating are excellent too...

Originally posted by babbo

more pills being consumed now- more than ever- you statement is........off

i disagree. i def think that way less peeps are taking rolls. a lot of peeps i know have stopped taking them. either cause they have taken a large amount over the last few years and realize they don't want to totally fry their brain or they have moved on to crystal.

Originally posted by mursa

..when one abuses pills its quite natural for them to think that PILLS ARENT AS GOOD AS BEFORE ( tolerance :idea: ) , and many move on to other things , which probably is a wise thing to do at that point .

true, i def think i have built up a tolerance over the years

Originally posted by SFsuperstar

true, i def think i have built up a tolerance over the years

Just take a nice prolonged break ( a few months - 1 yr ) and you should be fine . And If you every start taking again , try never to exceed 2-3(max)pills per night out . Pills should be simply a "catalist" and not the primary source into having a good time .

:)