Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nextel?? need help/advice

i currently have at&t and i'm absolutely fed up with them... the reception is terrible everywhere.. im thinking about switching to nextel.. they have a good deal it's 60 a month for 400 minutes plus unlimited incoming calls, walkie talkie all that sheeii... basically im just wondering what people, that have nextel, think of the service.. thansk for the advice

I've had Nextel for almost a year and I'm probably getting rid of it when my contract's up. The service isn't that bad (don't believe all the Nextel bashers), but watch them-they like to rip you off. The bills include all these extra "taxes" and "unit fees" that add up. Also, make sure you're getting exactly what the dealer says you are. I was supposed to have 400 walkie-talkie minutes and Nextel says I only have 150. So now my bill is up to $100 more than it should be. Hope that helps.

Originally posted by *********

best service just very expensive...i owe them like 247 this month!!

The service is good, but they are very expensive!! If you can get a deal with them for some prom. its real good!! Just try and find a rate plain thats good for you

I have nextel, got the 10,000 min plan. There are alot of stupid taxes, and the service is generally pretty good. It may cut out once inwhile somewhere, but comes back normally in under a minute. Ive been with them for 3 years. Im sure there are better phone companies, but you can beat the idea of direct connect. As long as the people you generally talk to have nextel themselves, then get one, if they dont, i dont really see any benefits of having it. Even though there cost maybe high, they jsut gave me 100 more mins a month as a bouns, for a year for free, b/c ive been with them awhile.

Originally posted by funnywill

I have nextel, got the 10,000 min plan. There are alot of stupid taxes, and the service is generally pretty good. It may cut out once inwhile somewhere, but comes back normally in under a minute. Ive been with them for 3 years. Im sure there are better phone companies, but you can beat the idea of direct connect. As long as the people you generally talk to have nextel themselves, then get one, if they dont, i dont really see any benefits of having it. Even though there cost maybe high, they jsut gave me 100 more mins a month as a bouns, for a year for free, b/c ive been with them awhile.

10,000 min plan??? whats yr rate for that-thx?

Originally posted by babbo

10,000 min plan??? whats yr rate for that-thx?

Its not just 10,000 mins anytime, its broken up. You get 1000 anytime phone mins, 4000 night/weekend mins and 5000 Direct connect mins. I pay 55$ a month + all those nextel taxes. I guess in total it comes out to be 65-70 month.

doesnt almost all cellular carriers have taxes and fees though? i have had nextel for 3 years and i am very happy customer. I hve the 600 minutes, plus free incoming for 69, then $15 for nights and weekends, web, national 2way and text messaging. with everything added up, my bill comes to about $100 a month. I generallyuse about 1500-2000 minutes a month.

Nextel is great. I've had them for 3 years now (I switched from AT&T). Get the lowest rate plan if you don't really use that many minutes (like me) but if you're a heavy cell user, you really shouldn't go with them because they are expensive. It's more of a business oriented service.

The taxes and fees are part of every carriers plans, no way around that unless we overthrow the government :eek:

Originally posted by nycchic24

doesnt almost all cellular carriers have taxes and fees though? i have had nextel for 3 years and i am very happy customer. I hve the 600 minutes, plus free incoming for 69, then $15 for nights and weekends, web, national 2way and text messaging. with everything added up, my bill comes to about $100 a month. I generallyuse about 1500-2000 minutes a month.

go with nextel unlimited unlimted- total 150/month- no addtl fees -talk all day/all night

Originally posted by oldtimer

i currently have at&t and i'm absolutely fed up with them... the reception is terrible everywhere.. im thinking about switching to nextel.. they have a good deal it's 60 a month for 400 minutes plus unlimited incoming calls, walkie talkie all that sheeii... basically im just wondering what people, that have nextel, think of the service.. thansk for the advice

i just went from at&t to nxtl and i have no complaints so far... myplan is unl.direct connect, free nights and weekends, 400 anytime mins, longdistance, and free calls within the network... for 69.99...

Originally posted by funnywill

Its not just 10,000 mins anytime, its broken up. You get 1000 anytime phone mins, 4000 night/weekend mins and 5000 Direct connect mins. I pay 55$ a month + all those nextel taxes. I guess in total it comes out to be 65-70 month.

that sounds like a good deal... i definitely want the free incoming calls plan that is essential.. the plan they have out now is unlimited nights, weekends and incoming calls, and i think direct-connect too.. i think there's 400 anytime minutes which i barely go over anyway i do all my talking at night... this plan is 59 so how much will it come out to after all the stupid taxes and whatnot??

my current at&t service is 39.95 and it comes out to 53... if i get a plan that comes to under 70 a month im definitely gonna switch

Originally posted by babbo

go with nextel unlimited unlimted- total 150/month- no addtl fees -talk all day/all night

thanks but i am happy wiht my plan. i never go over and dont need all the add'l minutes. if i got the unlimited, my expenses woudl be more like $200

also, get the insurance.. its like $2.50 a month but very well worth it!

Originally posted by dgmodel

i just went from at&t to nxtl and i have no complaints so far... myplan is unl.direct connect, free nights and weekends, 400 anytime mins, longdistance, and free calls within the network... for 69.99...

how much do you pay after all the excessive taxes, fees and surcharges??

I like Nextel for the direct connect. Their phone service is pretty much the same as all the others. I find myself using the direct connect more than anything. The one thing I dont like are the phones themselves... theres not much of a selection. As far as the billing is concerned I haven't really had any issues aside from a shady dealer trying to get a bogus security deposit out of me. After a quick call to nextel that was all staightened out tho.

Originally posted by Nestor

BTW, Nextel is so good that during the blackout in the summer, they were one of the few carriers that actually were up and running. I was able to use the point to point to contact family and work.

That is not entirely true, it depends on what area you were in. I was in the Long Island area at the time and most, if not all, nextels were not working. Verizon,AT&T, and Cingular phones were all up before Nextel was, in that area at least.

Nextel has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They will charge or tax you for every little penny they can get.

I think the service sucks, I am switching to verizon when my contract is up. I love when I am talking on the phone and the call just stops and I get a call error.

The phones themselves are pretty cool. I just got the i730 and i like it a lot.

Originally posted by oldtimer

how much do you pay after all the excessive taxes, fees and surcharges??

havent received my first bill yet... but the guy in the store said between 75-80 a month (if i do not go over mins) for all the taxes and surcharges etc.

Originally posted by Legend

I had that plan , with text messaging added on, and I was pushing 87 and change a month.

87 a month:eek: :eek: :eek:

shit... that's a bit steep...

i think im gonan go ahead and do it anyway... im getting the 730 but im not getting it for the 175 offer they have now im getting it for 250 so i only have a 1 year contract.. i dont wanna have to be stuck with something i'm not sure if im gonna like for two years..

also does anyone know about long distance and roaming??

Ive had nextel this is going on my 3rd year i believe it is.

I cant and wont complain about anything. Ive had other carriers. Basically its all the same crap unless you have sprint (doodie).

Got the i730 a few months ago. You can get a Great deal on the phone now. I love the wav ringtone feature the best (reason i got the phone) lol

Tek

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

Got the i730 a few months ago. You can get a Great deal on the phone now. I love the wav ringtone feature the best (reason i got the phone) lol

Haha me too. The wav's are awesome. The 65k color display is awesome too. I got mine on ebay so I didn't have to renew my contract. I got a pretty good deal too.