Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How is LeBron not an all star???

ghhhhhost

Lebron is 100% NOT AN ALLSTAR

I didnt realize having a shitload of talent means you should be an allstar these days......I thought it had to do with overall play (offense, defense, game management, and clutch play)

check your facts bro, Lebron isnt even the front runner for rookie of the year

He is still better than Magliore or Pierce IMO and they both made it. If anyone got snubbed its my boy Marbury. The guy is one of the top 3 PGs in the L but he got no love. :blown:

Lebron has many years to make the team. This is most likely the last time he will be left off the squad.

Originally posted by mindfaqd

He is still better than Magliore or Pierce IMO and they both made it. If anyone got snubbed its my boy Marbury. The guy is one of the top 3 PGs in the L but he got no love. :blown:

Lebron has many years to make the team. This is most likely the last time he will be left off the squad.

Magliore.....ok you got me there, and I agree about Stephon

but Pierce definately deserves to make it

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Lebron is 100% NOT AN ALLSTAR

I didnt realize having a shitload of talent means you should be an allstar these days......I thought it had to do with overall play (offense, defense, game management, and clutch play)

check your facts bro, Lebron isnt even the front runner for rookie of the year

21pts...6 rebs...6 assists...1.5 steals a game...and that doesnt make u an All Star????? not to mention ur doing this at the age of 18???? and ur not an all star????

Yao Ming..Kobe Bryant..Steve Francis..we're all All Stats in their younger years with weaker numbers...

i just think a lot of people hate on the kid because he's livin up to the hype...whenever someone/something is glorified in the media theres always this bullshit backlash against it...warranted or not..

as to ur overall play statement..i didnt know Steve Francis was an overall player...didnt he go to to the super bowl instead to a game?

kobe bryant starts a fight with teammates every 2 weeks...and wont re-up with the team so he can explore the free agent market...reaaaaaaal overall player there buddy...

tracy mcgrady?? the motherfucker who refers to himself in the third person?? he's an overall player?? he's a fuckin NUT...all he does is gun..just like ur boy Pierce...thats why the Magic blow dick...defenses finally figured out how to lock down TMac and the proof is in the pudding...

ben wallace..as much as i like him..overall?? the guy cant hit a jumper if the fate of the world depended on it...

LeBron is just like the first 3 cats i mentioned...so i dont understand why he's hated on....

what more does this kid have to do to get respect from the naysayers?? he took Cleveland..a shit team..who no one wanted to watch..who had 0.00 games on national tv last yr....and turned them into a Must-See team ...not to mention they might still make the playoffs in the East...

stick to baseball chief...no one's got me on basketball

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

21pts...6 rebs...6 assists...1.5 steals a game...and that doesnt make u an All Star????? not to mention ur doing this at the age of 18???? and ur not an all star????

Yao Ming..Kobe Bryant..Steve Francis..we're all All Stats in their younger years with weaker numbers...

i just think a lot of people hate on the kid because he's livin up to the hype...whenever someone/something is glorified in the media theres always this bullshit backlash against it...warranted or not..

as to ur overall play statement..i didnt know Steve Francis was an overall player...didnt he go to to the super bowl instead to a game?

kobe bryant starts a fight with teammates every 2 weeks...and wont re-up with the team so he can explore the free agent market...reaaaaaaal overall player there buddy...

tracy mcgrady?? the motherfucker who refers to himself in the third person?? he's an overall player?? he's a fuckin NUT...all he does is gun..just like ur boy Pierce...thats why the Magic blow dick...defenses finally figured out how to lock down TMac and the proof is in the pudding...

ben wallace..as much as i like him..overall?? the guy cant hit a jumper if the fate of the world depended on it...

LeBron is just like the first 3 cats i mentioned...so i dont understand why he's hated on....

what more does this kid have to do to get respect from the naysayers?? he took Cleveland..a shit team..who no one wanted to watch..who had 0.00 games on national tv last yr....and turned them into a Must-See team ...not to mention they might still make the playoffs in the East...

ouch. all very good points. if this were my thread I would've made similar arguments, but i think u covered em. carry on. lol

He is good...but not an all-star. There are just as many vets. in the league with the same stats. When it comes down to it, the coaches are going to vote for the guys who have paid there dues over some kid who is just barely old enough to see an R rated movie.

theres about 5 guys who put up LeBron like #'s in the L...do the research..and theyre ALL on the all star team

exactly...they're all on the all star team...you can only have so many people on the team

like i said, the coaches who vote on the reserves will vote for the vet. over a young kid with those #s 99 out of 100 times

what a wonderful rhetoric you provided.....

now lets explore the difference between overall player and team player/asshole and you'll see every point you made on every player is trashed.....

lets refer to my original statement I thought it had to do with overall play (offense, defense, game management, and clutch play). As you can see, I wasnt talking about these guy's personalities off the field (which I didnt realize had to do with making an all-star team). Even in baseball you make an all-star team by your play, not off the field antics (considering this is the sport I was ordered to stick to)

you're gonna tell me Lebron should have made the team over t-mac, kobe and steve francis? lmao

and wallace is all defense (hence Defensive Player of the Year award last year)AND he's a center, not a 2-guard

Lebron has talent, but he is not an all-star......name a guy that plays at his position that he should have made it over and make an arguement about that. Don't base your arguements comparing apples and oranges.

now if everyone would get off this kid's dick already

you're the epitome of people who hate on shit when its hyped

if u look @ the players i threw out there theyre all either players who play the same game as LeBron or are less versatile than LeBron....TMac is a nut..a scorer and thats all he is ..Francis wont pass the rock...same goes for Kobe.....so how r their defenses/offenses/game managment on par with LeBron?? this kid is taking the Cavs..yes the fuckin Cavs!! to the brink of the playoffs and ur tellin me he doesnt deserve an all star nod?? madness

lets not even talk about Ben Wallace...he's the most one dimensional player in the L....what else does he do besides rebound and block shots? wheres his offense...im not undermining his contribution to the team...but he isnt shit compared to LeBron...

if u look back to my post i didnt just go for players personalities..i pointed out (as im doin again) their major deficiencies...

this kid fuckin goes out there and gets 20 5 5 and 2 a night..and ur tellin me he cant be an all star because basically "he hasnt paid his dues"...since when does mainstay in the league mean ur an all star.....Yao Ming was an all star as a rook...Kobe started as a rook...Seve Fancis was an all star as a rook....i can go on...

have u even watched this kid play yo? i was one of the doubters...but when i saw him dismantle the kings..and just shit all over every player who guarded him...i became a believer. this kid is the real fuckin deal....he's no marketing tool for the NBA like a Grant Hill.....name a rookie in the past 20 yrs who had better numbers than LeBron ???

ur the only person in the world who thinks LeBron doesnt deserve to be on the all star team....sometimes..when u look around...and ur the only one standing on one side of the fence...chances r ur wrong...

now need i mention that he is 19!!!!!!!!!!! years old!..and that he's puttin up better numbers than All Star starters....shit..that should be evidence enough...

you're the epitome of people who hate on shit when its hyped

if u look @ the players i threw out there theyre all either players who play the same game as LeBron or are less versatile than LeBron....TMac is a nut..a scorer and thats all he is ..Francis wont pass the rock...same goes for Kobe.....so how r their defenses/offenses/game managment on par with LeBron?? this kid is taking the Cavs..yes the fuckin Cavs!! to the brink of the playoffs and ur tellin me he doesnt deserve an all star nod?? madness

lets not even talk about Ben Wallace...he's the most one dimensional player in the L....what else does he do besides rebound and block shots? wheres his offense...im not undermining his contribution to the team...but he isnt shit compared to LeBron...

if u look back to my post i didnt just go for players personalities..i pointed out (as im doin again) their major deficiencies...

this kid fuckin goes out there and gets 20 5 5 and 2 a night..and ur tellin me he cant be an all star because basically "he hasnt paid his dues"...since when does mainstay in the league mean ur an all star.....Yao Ming was an all star as a rook...Kobe started as a rook...Seve Fancis was an all star as a rook....i can go on...

have u even watched this kid play yo? i was one of the doubters...but when i saw him dismantle the kings..and just shit all over every player who guarded him...i became a believer. this kid is the real fuckin deal....he's no marketing tool for the NBA like a Grant Hill.....name a rookie in the past 20 yrs who had better numbers than LeBron ???

ur the only person in the world who thinks LeBron doesnt deserve to be on the all star team....sometimes..when u look around...and ur the only one standing on one side of the fence...chances r ur wrong...

now need i mention that he is 19!!!!!!!!!!! years old!..and that he's puttin up better numbers than All Star starters....shit..that should be evidence enough...

yeah yo........I watched his game yo.....seen it mad times on that TV yo...kids got game yo.......but I'm only good for baseball yo..........so I guess I'm mad buggin when I see other people post their words when they say he shouldnt be on the all-star team yo

valid points you made.......the thing is, kobe and francis should not have made the all-star teams as rooks

HE'S PUTTING UP NUMBERS SERGE.....and not much else. He'll be the real deal, but as of right now, he's a box score player. And, like I said before, he's not even the front runner for rookie of the year. If you're gonna make an arguement for Lebron...........make an arguement for Mello

who ever said i wasnt pullin for mello to be an all star?? he's def one for considerations..but he's got a sick supporting cast in Denver...who does LeBron have...Boozer? Wagner? McInnis??

u call him a box score player....but what is McGrady..what is Pierce? their teams blow...and theyre lucky they play in the East...yet somehow to u theyre all stars.

just because someone is young and new to the league doesnt mean they arent an all-star. this kid doesnt play the game of a 18 yr old Kevin Garnett..or an 18 yr old Kobe Bryant...he plays the game of a 5 year veteran Kobe Bryant...so the age/experience factor doesnt even come into play. the kid is putting up better numbers than MJ in his rookie year...and they both played on horrible teams their first yrs...so ..whats the problem? why isnt this kid an All Star?

who ever said i wasnt pullin for mello to be an all star?? he's def one for considerations..but he's got a sick supporting cast in Denver...who does LeBron have...Boozer? Wagner? McInnis??

u call him a box score player....but what is McGrady..what is Pierce? their teams blow...and theyre lucky they play in the East...yet somehow to u theyre all stars.

just because someone is young and new to the league doesnt mean they arent an all-star. this kid doesnt play the game of a 18 yr old Kevin Garnett..or an 18 yr old Kobe Bryant...he plays the game of a 5 year veteran Kobe Bryant...so the age/experience factor doesnt even come into play. the kid is putting up better numbers than MJ in his rookie year...and they both played on horrible teams their first yrs...so ..whats the problem? why isnt this kid an All Star?

actually jordan averaged 27 and change his rookie season and shot over 50% from the field. for a guard to shoot 50% from the field is incredible, and to do it as a rookie is even more impressive. and all the support he had was a washed up orlando woolridge. i would say he played better than lebron, although he did have 3 years at UNC in him.

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

actually jordan averaged 27 and change his rookie season and shot over 50% from the field. for a guard to shoot 50% from the field is incredible, and to do it as a rookie is even more impressive. and all the support he had was a washed up orlando woolridge. i would say he played better than lebron, although he did have 3 years at UNC in him.

alright alright..maybe he isnt better than the basketball God himself...but he def. deserves a spot on the All Star team

James should have definitely made the All-Star team. Not his fault his team is doing badly. He's doing everything he can to win. His stats are really impressive; 20ppg, 6rpg, 6apg, and 40mpg, that's very nice, especially for a rookie. But still, it would have been nicer if he were to participate in the slam dunk contest.

Btw, Jordan in his rookie year was unreal!

28.2 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 5.9 apg, 2.4 spg, 51.5% fgp

His team that year was 32-50, but still made the playoffs.