Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jeff Mills.........................

sleepfreeq

Originally posted by rafaelmendez

itry to see him here in rex paris and the line was 3 hours long that man is so famous here when he shows up is really hard too see. enjoy his sets in Miami we got Laurent Garnier every Saturday cant complaint right.

how's rex? :)

garnier every saturday .. that must be a treat indeed :)

Guest saleen351

Mills is a techno dj i would go see, but at BED:confused:

though someone needs to bring corbett down... you guys don't know about corbett and the wildest club ever in nyc..

Originally posted by saleen351

Mills is a techno dj i would go see, but at BED:confused:

Hawtin and Howells have played great sets there, Id say its a great intimate venue to see his skills,plus the fact that alot of people don't know the history behind this man would make it a perfect gig for only the most diehard of fans

Originally posted by djcarlosf

havent heard of any other dj that throws down 30+ records in a single hour....

craze doesnt count :tongue:

There are a few, but talking quality records.... Mills hands down....other than that BBB will push even more than 30 in an hour.

hmmm, Im stuck with trying to decide between Hawtin who rarely plays here except for conference or Mills who rarely spins

in this country much less Miami

on another note, I beleived Jeff Mills played in some small club on the beach about 7-8 years ago at the same club that Laurent Garnier played

anyone remember this? :confused:

other rare dj apearances I wanna check out Terry Francis , Aszad

I wanna catch Filterheadz too!

Originally posted by sleepfreeq

hmmm, Im stuck with trying to decide between Hawtin who rarely plays here except for conference or Mills who rarely spins

in this country much less Miami

on another note, I beleived Jeff Mills played in some small club on the beach about 7-8 years ago at the same club that Laurent Garnier played

anyone remember this? :confused:

other rare dj apearances I wanna check out Terry Francis , Aszad

I wanna catch Filterheadz too!

I may opt to see Mills in Detroit for Movement 2004.

i would DEF. pick mills over hawtin/magda simply because of the fact that he next to NEVER plays in the states and he's got more history behind him then just about any other dj (besides may, atkens & saunderson).

remember to that he MAY not play a nornal techno set. he may play an extreamly rare 'wizard' set and if that's the case i wouldn't want to miss it!! i had the privilage of seeing him here in his home town of detroit play a 'wizard' set and it was one of the most amazing sets i've ever heard! i wouldn't want to take the chance of missing it if he did indeed play one at WMC.

The difference between JM playn in America and Europe is that in Europe he has a much bigger following here in Paris they love him I heard he doesnt even like to play in the states because the people dont really know him compare to Europe where he is like a PVD or somebody like that you know. But you guys are lucky to have him, back in Chicago they pray too see him but he refuse to play there. LOL And Yes Laurent Garnier is a treat the crowd that he pulls is more glam crowd so those females from Paris going out in Full Force and LG on the decks is a nice treat indeed.

wow, I love being able to decide between Haetin and Mills.......its a no lose situation.

although, privilege will have:

Hawtin, Madga in one room

Acquaviva and someone else (forgot who) in another

Clark Warner, Matthew Dear in the other

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 2 times that i saw mills, i left disappointed. most of his set sounded dated. how many times do i really want to hear 'knights of the jaguar' etc. etc.

no disrespect to mills, he is the man at what he does but for my personal preference, hawtin fullfills me ten fold musically than 95% of the djs out there today.

either party will be dope. i just cant do bed 3 nights in a row...

my two cents: jeff mills all the way... he never plays in this country (what's up with that?). yeah most of the techno dj's stay on that side of the atlantic, sniff, but he rarely rarely plays here and richie hawtin plays in the us very often--i've seen him 4 times in the past 3 years and i didn't go see him every time he came through. he might be coming around less now that he lives in berlin, but somehow i still think he'll be easier to catch than jeff mills. plus jeff mills does that kooky superfast mixing with one hand that feels like you're watching a digitally edited movie :P

and while privilege has a few more dj's, it also costs $25 and jeff mills is free!! (i've never been terribly impressed with magda or john acquaviva live anyways, but of course you can always just catch someone on a bad night...)

are there any diehard technoheads on this board like me that will be at mills and the insanely good nights at privilege on mon/tues?