Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To all the haters get over it! Sound Factory is BACK!

People really have nothing else to do, why waste your time.

:blown:

Let people go and judge for themselves, they are bring in the talent lets see what happens.

Originally posted by mixmoderator

You must be a promoter for another venue. I mean it seems very funny that the last two replies to my posts were from two different users who just signed up. This is only the first or second post you have written. I guess your new here. How about focusing on positively promoting your own event instead of trashing this one. You probably weren,t even there. A HATER WILL ALWAYS BE A HATER!!! HATERS NEVER PROSPER!!!

PEACE :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

sorry to bust your bubble... but a review from a promoter isn't gonna send people running into the club. If the party is good word of mouth will travel. Promotors do more damage than good when they start overhyping places. Its the old rule of "If it sounds too good to be true".... besides... we all know promoters are lowlifes who only care about putting people through the door "on their list"

AMEN!

LoL im NOT a promoter! i just go to the club pay my $25 and dance till my ankles feel liek theyr gonna fall off!!!! i thought we were voicing our opinions! sorry if i dont think the party was INSANE and that the vibe wasnt like it used to be. i never said it was terrible! wtf! ur the fukin hater

Originally posted by deedee2143

LoL im NOT a promoter! i just go to the club pay my $25 and dance till my ankles feel liek theyr gonna fall off!!!! i thought we were voicing our opinions! sorry if i dont think the party was INSANE and that the vibe wasnt like it used to be. i never said it was terrible! wtf! ur the fukin hater

OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSHOLES!!! EVERYONE HAS THEM AND THEY ALL STINK LIKE SHIT!:tongue:

I'm sure it was a good time for alot of people.... I just don't wanna hear a promoter saying how great it was ... and tell me "SOUNDFACTORY IS BACK". I'm not A JP fan or a SF hater. I think they need to get their act together over there as far as their promotional team is concerned. Some of the things being said by promoters actually keep me away from the place... no matter who's there.. A perfect example is the "48 hour party... come and go as you please" Hype that happened a few weeks ago... It was a great idea that fell victim to bad promotion. Promoters represent the club... if people don't like them.. they wont go.

I enjoyed my time at soundfactory lastnight. I am not to into Robbie Rivera's style of music but it appeared a lot of people were. I was deffinately digging jason jollins set minus the few technical problems at the begining. And those where were saying the 4th floor was the place to be post 6am. Well maybe if you were cracked out and laying on the floor it was. Cause thats all i saw up there were people sitting/lying on the floor. The main floor was where the dancing was going on. But i guess to each his own this is just my opinion. Jason Jollins and Palash were ace imo.

I'm glad to hear robbie did a good set... he's a really nice guy... but he can be hit or miss at times. It semms like with all the new spots opening.. SF will have to do something to get people through the door.. unfortunately alot of older clubbers still associate SF with reckless young kids in K Holes... I haven't been there recently but from what I recall they really don't cater to older people who are looking to have some fun and avoid the strip searches and crackheads

Originally posted by aixgurlie

here its is one more time is this big enoughSF SUCKED!!! WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN WITHOUT JP ITS DONE YOU MIGHT AS WELL BURN THAT PLACE DOWN!!!

i had a great time. imo palash and jason jollins were amazing. i enjoyed all the tracks they played.

i'm glad SF is taking a different approach and finally has good music playing on that amazing soundsystem.

It was a great night, unless you are one of those herbs who are on Jp's Nutz:hung:

I give mad props to all the promoters who organized this party. Palash rocked it, rivera did his thing, and jason jollins held it down. Who better to book than ziggy on the fourth floor. Job well done guys.

Ps.To all you people who bitch about the clubs,parties,promoters, and dj's who are throwing parties for YOU, do everyone a favor and move. YOURE giving New York a bad Rep. Id like to see what your thoughts would be if some one left your house and posted ripping up your house and family.

If you dont like what i have to say :swallow:

i had a good time it was a solid party palash and rivera were on point wasnt feelin jollins too much didnt last too long on the main floor i left at 8 and it was already dead didnt get to hear devant he went on after i left all in all it was good enough for me to go back next week marcoooooo vvvvvvv

wtf is going on here?! have any of the posts in this 5 page thread been made by an actual clubber who was at sf last night? this is obviously a promoters/venue battle with jp fans joining the fight. i am part of a promotion team myself and we would never sink to the level many of those posting in this thread are.

if you're a club promoter: build your club/event because it has its own unique characteristics that attract clubbers. focus on building your own party, not bashing the success of other parties that are hurting your own. your promotions should be about your club, events, etc... not bashing other clubs/events in an attempt to stop people from going anywhere but a place that pays your bills. overall, you're only hurting everyone including yourselves cause you're turning off your clientele.

to all the heart broken and lost jp fans: jp is a good and accomplished nyc dj. i respect him to the fullest. with that said, enjoy what you had at sf while it lasted as it is no more. the good news (for you, for sound factory, and for most who enjoy reading this message board) is that jp will eventually move to a new venue. jp at sound factory was a time and a place, just like twilo was a time and a place, just like limelight was a time and a place, just like dt at tunnel was a time and a place, etc... that time and place is over and new things will emerge and a new era will be created. there is no reason to try and ruin a new thing that is starting at sf. i was there last night and all floors were very full from 1am til 9am. people were having an excellent time and Richard was very pleased. the music imo for most of the night was excellent and there was definitely a vibe.

and finally, for those who are saying the music from 6am on was horrible (in an attempt to down play a very successful after-hours). robbie rivera was spinning well after 6am and the after-hours didn't start till about 7 when jollins and devant took the decks.

grow up and have a nice day!

Originally posted by fr0st003

I enjoyed my time at soundfactory lastnight. I am not to into Robbie Rivera's style of music but it appeared a lot of people were. I was deffinately digging jason jollins set minus the few technical problems at the begining. And those where were saying the 4th floor was the place to be post 6am. Well maybe if you were cracked out and laying on the floor it was. Cause thats all i saw up there were people sitting/lying on the floor. The main floor was where the dancing was going on. But i guess to each his own this is just my opinion. Jason Jollins and Palash were ace imo.

my bad, ok so we have had 1 real post from a clubber who went to sf last night. i guess that makes 1 review by an actual clubber and 30 reviews by jp fans and promoters who work for clubs that aren't related to sf and who actually weren't there last night. :tongue:

-

Guest starscream
Originally posted by modouglas

Thats what makes this board so pathetic. You have so many haters. Let get the facts out. The party was off the hook! A very good looking crowd. The place was packed,music tight. So stop saying sf was dead and it was beat, Because that is just a hater speaking. And one last thing stop all this fuckin jp talk cause the only thing that is history in that club is him. No disrespect to jp cause he did make that club but he is over there and he moved on.

Sf was different thats what i would say about it and it was different in a good way.

no sorry its not called haters its called honesty.you say thats the problem with this board but in actuality thats the problem with jonathan peters and sound factory board.all you die hard factory heads still lingering around the factory board .still saying the same old shit"bring jp back home"even when you know hes not comming back.still getting all doped up trying to feel that old factory vibe from a couple years back,things just aint the same they never will be the same.those years with jp and factory was an era,it will never be duplicated.you should all be happy with the great memories and move on.stop fooling yourselfs and trying to fool us also.....THE PARTY SUCKED BIG HAIRY BALLS!!!!!

Guest starscream
Originally posted by starscream

no sorry its not called haters its called honesty.you say thats the problem with this board but in actuality thats the problem with jonathan peters and sound factory board.all you die hard factory heads still lingering around the factory board .still saying the same old shit"bring jp back home"even when you know hes not comming back.still getting all doped up trying to feel that old factory vibe from a couple years back,things just aint the same they never will be the same.those years with jp and factory was an era,it will never be duplicated.you should all be happy with the great memories and move on.stop fooling yourselfs and trying to fool us also.....THE PARTY SUCKED BIG HAIRY BALLS!!!!!

oh and ps i was there for most of the night that is till i couldnt stand it anymore......:banghead:

So SF is back?? I mean it will take some time to get back like it was,,,Its like nobody is staying past 7am anymore....I work at a bar downtown,,, WE got there around 8 and the place was not busy at all...:eek: I hope the club will do well again....and have a sweet afterhours.....

yea I passed went up to the fourth floor and checked out Ziggy..he wasnt too bad but the people up there were messed up on GOD knows what and wasnt really feelin it up there...Came back downstairs to Robbie and found my place down there with the beats, the crazy system and the people who were there to chill and dance...ROBBBBBIE

Ill say this. This message board is full of shit. If you read the other cp message boards from miami, chicago, la, or vegas. it a different tone.They post about there parties and give their reviews and for the most part keep it positive. They leave their opinions about other parties to themselves. Everybody on ny message is a fuckin critic and do nothing but talk bad about people, dj's, promoters anything and everything they have the chance to.

I want to congratulate the promoters at sf on sat, because out of all the bullshit you guys had to deal with from sf haters, the jp die hard fans coming on here bashing in every direction on your party.

They were waiting for you to fail, thriving on seeing that and some not all even attended to see you fail miserably. What did they see that nite was a surprise to them. You guys did the unexpected.

In all honesty SF was a very good party There was a good number of people there. honestly if i had to give a # I would say there was a little over 2000 people there. To many peoples surprises that i spoke with that nite there were surpised that there was that many people there at this party. So you know the party was a success when people say there were more people there than expected.

I also want to say in defense to JP he is a great DJ and what he did at that club will never be forgotten. But like one person said on this board earlier things come to an end. And he will move on and do his thing.

To all the haters out there that do nothing but contaminate the messageboards with your garbage I say this; Promoting is a bussiness and yes people make a living doing it. Not all Promoters are scam artists and thiefs.

There are promoters out there that care about the scene and want to see a party succeed. True promoters that care about the scene sacrafice everything even taking a loss of money just to make something work. Where as other promoters would steal money just to avoid that. The people that are the scammers and thiefs are the very same ones that come on this board and destroy anything positive any other promoter is trying to do.

FYI the promoters that are doing the sf on sat parties are the very same promoters that started the sf party on sat 8 yrs ago if you didnt know. I commend them on a job well done on Sat cause you guys did the #'s. There are alot of people out there that dont post on messageboards that had a great time.

To all the CLUBGOERS and people true to the scene that want to see the scene succeed Dont take this messageboard seriously. Its really a joke what it turned into. If you hear about a party dont go cause you read a bad review on here, Go for yourself and make your own judgement.

I would like to see all parties in nyc be successful, So to all the hard working promoters at SF, Spirit, Crobar, and Avalon and everywhere else,I really wish you guys the best of luck and be very succesful in making your nite a success. Cause you guys are striving to make it work and us club goers need to realize and appreciate this cause there is no other city that has a wide variety of choices like NYC. Some of us are just spoiled and dont know any better and dont realize what we have that other cities wish they had. I would be sad to see everything in nyc get destroyed but if we keep up this nonsense it will happen. Especially with this new law trying to be implemented.

One last thing, I am not a promoter. I too am a clubber and speaking from a clubbers point of view. I am friends with some sf promoters and I know them well enough to say that what they are trying to do at SF is positive and want to deliver a great party for everyone to enjoy. There are not out there to fool or scam people. I wish them the best and i will support there party.