Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whos gonna watch the Grammy's

Bling

Now...may Warren Zeavon rest in peace...but to give him the Grammy over Radiohead, Train or White Stripes is just wrong...I had never heard this guy's name before he was found dead a couple of months ago...he's now won for a song he recorded with Bruce Sprigsteen, the song sounds no less generic than any of the country music junk that plagues a.m. radio stations all over...the Grammy's are soft, complacient old farts...what a shame.

Let's see if Aliyah wins a lifetime achievement award...I'm on the edge of my seat!!!

:eek:

Ok, ok, ok...Luther Vandross is sick, he has diabetes...the guy is a legend, one of the most talented singers that ever lived...but, for the song he wrote with Richard Marx to win over Eminem's Lose Yourself is just worng...wronguie-dong-ding-ding-wrong!

Grammy awards are nothing but a tribute to the sick and dead...I wonder how they go about it...awww...Luther Vandross deserves it more than anyone in the world, let's give it to him...please!!!

Theres goes the stupid president of the academy talking shit about music downloading and what you can to do to help...blah...blah...blah...you are the president of the recording industry of america...you do something! Don't use precious tv time to look all disoriented and misinformed about the subject...why not say something like " ladies and gentlemen, we're fucked...we'll never be able to promise mansions and gold incrusted limosines to the next generation of disposable pop stars...so big fucking what?

The Grammys made me mad! Grrrrrr!!!! :mad:

Could the production be any cheesier? Andre 3000 is doning "Hey Ya!" right now...the stage is filled with black girl dressed as american indians (I wonder what the big chief of the cherokee nation is watching right now, I hope not this sacrilege) also, what do they use as a backing band? a school marching band! Yuk! cliché after cliché after cliché...Grammy gave me an ache in my tummy!

:(

Santana is wearing an all white suit, he looks like Lando Carlisian on the Empire Strokes Back!

:D

America, say hello to the best artist of the year 2003!

outkast.jpg

Outkast won big tonite! I'm glad...they're talented, funky and creative...good for them.

What is worrying is the state of popular music and the music industry altogether...no format, no notion on how to measure talent or style...Radiohead, Train, Warren Zeavo and The White Stripes on the same ballot? This awards are nothing but an entertainment show for the musicly ignorant...they don't reflect the truth about the music industry and the state of thing in the music industry...te production was poor, the art direction vomitive...even the stage design was forgettable...what a piece of junk!

:cool:

Originally posted by pod

who cares, awards shows are bullshit.

What a Pod thing to say! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know they're bullshit man, but there used to be atime when I would look forward to watching them...performances were good, there was competition spirit, competitive competitors...believe it or not...the Grammys used to mean something, now...they don't mean shit!

Originally posted by AndrewChibale

worst grammys ever, should've been watching the cartoon network ..

EDIT: outkast sucks big time

That's the funniest part of it, Outkast sucks big time and they're america's best artist today according to the institution that's supposed to be an authority on american music...the truth here is...the music industry is in the wrong hands...with labels being bought by multinational corporation that have nothing to do with music, labels are being run as ancilliary divisions...of course there's money being made, it's just not going into the upbringing and development of artists...it's probable being spent in gold-plated toilets or something...pretty pathetic.

Originally posted by AndrewChibale

im sure sound problems were truly related to the 5.1 surround broadcast they were doing .. you would hear "echo" and "feedback" everywhere ...

5.1 is new to the general public but it's not new to CBS...surround system should be a breeze to such a big production...any technical problem on a show of this magnitude is someone's responsibility and fault...Celine Dion's michrophone ran out of batteries on stage and had to be handed a new michrophone...wtf? seriously, you could put the 2004 Grammy Awards under a michroscope and dissect it to the point of embarrassment...nothing to brag about...yuk!

Originally posted by funketeer

Outkast won big tonite! I'm glad...they're talented, funky and creative...good for them.

What is worrying is the state of popular music and the music industry altogether...no format, no notion on how to measure talent or style...Radiohead, Train, Warren Zeavo and The White Stripes on the same ballot? This awards are nothing but an entertainment show for the musicly ignorant...they don't reflect the truth about the music industry and the state of thing in the music industry...te production was poor, the art direction vomitive...even the stage design was forgettable...what a piece of junk!

Yeah skipped it cause of the nominations but saw the end, that last performance by outkast was just awful. Hey ya was a catchy song when it first came out and I loved it but starting from the retarded beginning to the golden globes when they changed the lyrics of the song to something else it lost all value. The song is now overplayed on radio and tv and if I hear it again it may go down as another macarena in my head.

Grammy's this year was turned into a pop awards and is no more respectable now then the mtv music awards or the people's choice awards.

Only awards I try to watch are the world music awards and the oscars. Though if lord of the rings wins best movie, oscars lose some credit from me.