Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is it true about DT at

If he came out and played some Beyonce mixes to make the crowd happy there that I would consider selling out. But I'm sure the residency at arc doesn't make him that much money, and if he is playing on Long Island I'm sure they are throwing a TON of money at him for it. He always turns it when he plays out of town too, Im definitly going to check it out before the Red party at SF

Originally posted by mattm2o

No I mean I think he's a sell out!

There are probbably 100 other more credible venues he could spin at for a little bit less

Taking a step away from the Underground

I guess John Digweed is a sellout for spinning in the Hamptons. I guess any DJ that spins in Ibiza is a sellout too, after all, Ibiza is as commercialized as it gets nowadays. JP must be a sellout too because he's spun at Cancun and Cyberia, or whatever it's called now. Let me guess, because he's not spinning at Nation he's a sellout.

DT can make a lot more money than Mirage is probably paying him at many other clubs across the world. Selling out implies going to the highest bidder. Stereo paid DT $30K to spin last year. I doubt Mirage is paying him that much.

Originally posted by dkny8

I guess John Digweed is a sellout for spinning in the Hamptons. I guess any DJ that spins in Ibiza is a sellout too, after all, Ibiza is as commercialized as it gets nowadays. JP must be a sellout too because he's spun at Cancun and Cyberia, or whatever it's called now. Let me guess, because he's not spinning at Nation he's a sellout.

DT can make a lot more money than Mirage is probably paying him at many other clubs across the world. Selling out implies going to the highest bidder. Stereo paid DT $30K to spin last year. I doubt Mirage is paying him that much.

Thats not really the point; He has been crying this last year of the bad element that has been comming to ARC. Have you been to ARC in the last 6 months. What a crowd? Thugs and crackheads

I wonder why in the last year he has played SF, Jersey, CPI's and now Mirage??

He makes plenty of money he did not have to play LI

I must agree with dkny;

I'd consider a DJ a sellout if he starts spinning some trash music...the venue is not that important - DT is DT and as long as he sticks by HIS style - I don't care where he plays.

I like a DJ because of his/her music, not becasue of the place he/she plays

Of course I am used to Vinyl/Arc so there is the element of nostalgia and coming to the same old place which makes it "better" than other places but that's just really in my head.

Originally posted by dkny8

Let me guess, because he's not spinning at Nation he's a sellout.

The Difference between Nation and Mirage is like Night & Day.

Almost every DJ that has played @ Nation so far has asked us if they could spin. We didn't need to go out yelling numbers at these people They asked Us to play this party we don't ask them (yet)! They rearrange their schedules to fit ours! Some DJ's just come to hang out have a drink and listen to a few tunes. Some DJ's have come in and SPUN FOR FREE just because they like our party so much. I like to think that makes Nation a credible party.

I would love for Danny to spin @ Nation! He is one of my biggest musical influences! As a DJ/Producer myself his music has inspired tons of others like myself!

As one of the founding people behind the Nation party IT WOULD BE MY HONOR, to host a party w/ Danny Tenaglia @ Nation! But honestly at the moment is a little out of our price range!

Originally posted by mattm2o

The Difference between Nation and Mirage is like Night & Day.

Almost every DJ that has played @ Nation so far has asked us if they could spin. We didn't need to go out yelling numbers at these people. They asked Us to play this party we don't ask them (yet)! They rearrange their schedules to fit ours! Some DJ's just come to hang out have a drink and listen to a few tunes. Some DJ's have come in and SPUN FOR FREE just because they like our party so much. I like to think that makes Nation a credible party.

I would love for Danny to spin @ Nation! He is one of my biggest musical influences! As a DJ/Producer myself his music has inspired tons of others like myself!

As one of the founding people behind the Nation party IT WOULD BE MY HONOR, to host a party w/ Danny Tenaglia @ Nation! But honestly at the moment is a little out of our price range!

Now it is an HONOR to have DT spin at Nation. When in your last post he was a sell out. Sounds like some one would love to take in all the money DT would bring to their club. Sounds like yuo would change your point of view for a little money. Maybe you are a sell out.

Now it is an HONOR to have DT spin at Nation. When in your last post he was a sell out. Sounds like some one would love to take in all the money DT would bring to their club. Sounds like yuo would change your point of view for a little money. Maybe you are a sell out.

Good one ... you will be more than lucky to have Danny spin at your club ;)

Originally posted by michelangel0

mirage is a great room for danny on li. forget the dress code , etc nonsense its a be yourself party its not another night at mirage... its big, good sound. this sell out shit is rediculous.

How is it ridiculous?

what does he gain except more crackheads comming to ARC?

and a pocket full of money?

Yes, the spot that Nation is in used to be Eclipse, but now it's a completely different venue; absolutely no similarities between the two. You can ask anyone who goes to Nation how good the party is. It's probably the only credible venue on Long Island, with some of the best music in New York. People constantly talk shit, but they won't know how phat the party is until they check it out.

Nation has been bringing in some great guest djs, and if they're able to get their hands on DT at some point for a guest spot, I'd be honored as well. I don't think DT on Long Island is a strange idea, since almost 85% of his crowd consists of Long Islanders. However, DT at Mirage is definitely strange, considering the type of venue that Mirage is.

I can't even imagine DT spinning for the crowd at Mirage. I'm not saying that Mirage sucks, because there are many good things about the place. It's just not a place that typically caters to a DT crowd. I'm sure DT will make a nice buck for that night though, so kudos to him.