Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you feel is absent from nightlife here?

kslik

I agree, but I think that's why people are leaning toward house parties now. With new condos purchases, and the idea that all you need is your current friends to have a good time...the nightlife scene has alot to compete with.

I was wondering if the DJ is the only thing that compels people to go out.

Originally posted by kslik

I agree, but I think that's why people are leaning toward house parties now. With new condos purchases, and the idea that all you need is your current friends to have a good time...the nightlife scene has alot to compete with.

I was wondering if the DJ is the only thing that compels people to go out.

for me, up to some point yeah, although if a group of friends wanna go out or were meeting up somewhere and everyone is going, the dj is secondary.

Def vibe.

I don't want to generalize but much of what I see is stereotypical, there is no energy, it has all become trendy IMO. you're either a buzz or a masoud a person. a lot of us fit neither category as there is little in between and that is what is killing the vibe here IMO.

When I visit the lounges / clubs / etc I see the same types of people with the same meatmarket / trendy hair, clothes, style or ravers and the dj's spin the same house / prog music and the people don't mind because they're friends with the dj's, drunk, or want connections. If that's what people like fine, but too many places have that same vibe..finicky.

i'm not putting dc down in any way.. apparently there are great places in the city that are not well known..if there are places to suit all tastes, please elaborate. i'm glad someone brought up dragonfly, i need to check it out.

Originally posted by moto

DC is not NYC but there are still places to go/things to do (something for all tastes)... :D

Originally posted by theblueangel

Def vibe.

I don't want to generalize but much of what I see is stereotypical, there is no energy, it has all become trendy IMO. you're either a buzz or a masoud a person. a lot of us fit neither category as there is little in between and that is what is killing the vibe here IMO.

When I visit the lounges / clubs / etc I see the same types of people with the same meatmarket / trendy hair, clothes, style or ravers and the dj's spin the same house / prog music and the people don't mind because they're friends with the dj's, drunk, or want connections. If that's what people like fine, but too many places have that same vibe..finicky.

i'm not putting dc down in any way.. apparently there are great places in the city that are not well known..if there are places to suit all tastes, please elaborate. i'm glad someone brought up dragonfly, i need to check it out.

totally agree with you . . .