Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A-rod Coming To Yanks!!! Suck On That Red Sox Fans!!!!

westie

wait....i think this makes the yankees WORSE. they lose the best offensive second baseman in the majors in this deal and leave another hole there. not to mention the ego that joe torre is going to have to deal with between the likes of gary sheffield and kevin brown, who is notoriously known as possibly the meanest SOB in the game.

good luck.....you guys just took on an extra 20 million on your payroll and basically shouldn't have a GM.....cause steinbrenner's fucking you.

-walt

Originally posted by waltzink

wait....i think this makes the yankees WORSE. they lose the best offensive second baseman in the majors in this deal and leave another hole there

You have to be kidding. Sure we lost Soriano, BUT we gained probably the BEST PLAYER IN BASEBALL, def a top 5 guy who will go on to become the game's greatest 3rd baseman ever!!! Leaving a hole at 2nd? So we have Enrique or Ciaro there, not a problem when you have Matsui Bernie and Posada as your 6 7 8 in the lineup, thats rediculous. There is the hole in the lineup? The only thing holding the Yankees back will be the question mark in their starting pitching! You Red Sox fans would have been gloating and bragging if he ended up in Boston, but we got one up on you AGAIN. Boone's homerun was that of legend, but his layup is what made this deal possible. That payroll is out of fucking control, but I am glad he is on our team and not yours.

Jorre will maintain order in the locker room because he commands respect and gets it. Those that do not follow have been removed, Lofton is no gem but when you come to a team like this, there is one common goal among all those allstars - WINNING.

Originally posted by jtk4

All I am saying is they better win, if they do not they will be the laughing stock of MLB, wait, pro sports. Even worse then the tigers or the brewers, because of the money spent and the talent on the yankees.

As long as we beat the Red Sox, thats all I care about. :finger:

Thats fine but if they don't win the series then we can all laugh at them.

What are the details is it just soriano for arod or were their others involved(contreras, navvaro)

I do not think soriano will be that good, he has a hole in his swing and the yankees were smart to trade him before his value dropped.

stick soriano with a good hitting coach, and he will be fine. look at sammy sosa......

i'm sorry, but this fetish with the yanks-red sox rivalry is making me sick. i have baltimore finishing ahead of BOTH of them.

red sox will finish in third. and yes, i'm a sox fan saying this.

-walt

Yankee's won't be much better with him.. if at all. His stats weren't much better than Soriano's.. and now NY needs a good 2nd baseman. Jeter and A-Rod don't even get along, seeing one at SS and the other at 3rd will be fun to watch :) Yankee's need pitchers anyway, with Clemens, Wells, and Petite gone and no one to replace them.. I just don't see NY getting anywhere in the playoffs. So to sum up, I'm happy as a bosox fan that you guys got A-Rod cuz I think you guys are fucked..

Originally posted by trigger55

Yankee's won't be much better with him.. if at all. His stats weren't much better than Soriano's.. and now NY needs a good 2nd baseman. Jeter and A-Rod don't even get along, seeing one at SS and the other at 3rd will be fun to watch :) Yankee's need pitchers anyway, with Clemens, Wells, and Petite gone and no one to replace them.. I just don't see NY getting anywhere in the playoffs. So to sum up, I'm happy as a bosox fan that you guys got A-Rod cuz I think you guys are fucked..

:laugh:

Man you Sox fans are sooooo bitter! A-Rod and Jeter are best of friends, where do you get the idea that they don't get along? If Rodrigues was willing to move to third for the Yankees and not the Red Sox it shows you where A-Rod's priorities are--winning a championship.

Remember A-Rod had veto power over any trade, he wasn't shipped off by Texas, he AGREED to come to the Yankees knowing what the situation was at shortstop.

I'd be more worried about chemistry in the Red Sox dugout than the Yankees' dugout. The Sox have two all-star players in Manny and Nomar (well, at least you better hope Nomar will be there) who will be playing for a team they know was willing to cut them loose.

Face it, the Yankees have one of the deadliest lineups since the 1927 Yankees.

Get over it. Oh, and remember . . .

1918 :laugh:

lol jeter and pay-rod best friends?? maybe on camera...

Also, I'm not a die hard sox fan.. 1918 blah blah none of that crap concerns me. Sox are #3 on my list of favorites.. been a Blue Jays fan most of my life.. I'm just saying what I think will happen, remember, pitching wins the playoffs.. thats something NY is seriously lacking in right now. So far all NY fans are saying are "a-rod is the best player, the yankee's will win".. if you think one player with good stats (not even THAT good) will make a difference, then think again. You lost 3 great pitchers and in return you got a hitter thats not too much better than soriano statistically. His payroll doesn't help the situation much either. Am I the only one that thinks this was a dumb move by NY??

Manny won't be pissed.. he WANTED to play for the Yankees and still does. Nomar on the other hand probably would be, but he's getting paid well and by the time the playoffs come around.. those issues will be long forgotten.

Originally posted by trigger55

lol jeter and pay-rod best friends?? maybe on camera...

Also, I'm not a die hard sox fan.. 1918 blah blah none of that crap concerns me. Sox are #3 on my list of favorites.. been a Blue Jays fan most of my life.. I'm just saying what I think will happen, remember, pitching wins the playoffs.. thats something NY is seriously lacking in right now. So far all NY fans are saying are "a-rod is the best player, the yankee's will win".. if you think one player with good stats (not even THAT good) will make a difference, then think again. You lost 3 great pitchers and in return you got a hitter thats not too much better than soriano statistically. His payroll doesn't help the situation much either. Am I the only one that thinks this was a dumb move by NY??

Soriano was exposed last year as strikeout prone. They may have had similar numbers recently, but A-Rod is probably THE best player in the game, so the comparison is not really there. They made a good move in getting rid of Soriano. Let's face it, Ramirez and Rodriguez were not that far apart statistically, but the Red Sox still wanted A-Rod. Why? Because he's the best the league has to offer. PERIOD.

yes he is certainly the best.. but like I said, not exactly what the yankee's need. They need pitchers, why can't you see that?? The Sox have a good line up of pitchers this season.. A-Rod would have helped them on offense. NY with sub-par pitchers is just asking the sox to walk all over them.

umm.....a-rod agreed to be traded to the red sox, too. the players association basically nixed that deal. seriously....check into it and you'll see i'm right. just cause he was traded to the yanks means that was the ONLY team he wanted to go to. he wanted out of texas....plain and simple.

-walt

umm.....a-rod agreed to be traded to the red sox, too. the players association basically nixed that deal. seriously....check into it and you'll see i'm right. just cause he was traded to the yanks means that was the ONLY team he wanted to go to. he wanted out of texas....plain and simple.

-walt

They nixed the deal because the Red Sox were trying to penny pinch A-Rod's contract (not to say A-Rod is having economic troubles). They were looking to reduce his contract by more than what the Yankees ended up reducing his contract by. If the Red Sox had forked over more money they would have had A-Rod. Plain and simple.

okay, i'm a very objective fan.....i've admitted the sox won't finish first.....but one thing that irritates me about some of fucking clowns is this: you act like they've won the trophy already.

one pitch, one bad slide, two guys colliding for a fly ball.....and you could lose a player. we have a season to play, so shut the fuck up with this incessant drivel. by the way, just to rub it in, i called the marlins in 6 last year and won a few hundred on it. so suck it.

it's a fucking GAME. idiots......

-walt

okay, i'm a very objective fan.....i've admitted the sox won't finish first.....but one thing that irritates me about some of fucking clowns is this: you act like they've won the trophy already.

one pitch, one bad slide, two guys colliding for a fly ball.....and you could lose a player. we have a season to play, so shut the fuck up with this incessant drivel. by the way, just to rub it in, i called the marlins in 6 last year and won a few hundred on it. so suck it.

it's a fucking GAME. idiots......

-walt

We beat the Red Sox, for a lot of Yankees fans thats even better than winning the World Series. As long as we dont lose to you sorry ass motherfuckers in Boston. This is going to be a hell of a season, not one that the Yankees will easily win either.

I can't wait for the fist fight between lofton and scheffield, or kevin brown telling bernie williams to stop play that pussy guitar.: laugh:

Lets wait before we give the division to you guys, the mets had a hell of a team on paper and couldn't fight their way out of last place.

well they are the mets :laugh: :laugh:

Our pitching is better, your lineup is better, should be some good games. I bet you guys trade for washburn before 4th of july.

I can't wait for the fist fight between lofton and scheffield, or kevin brown telling bernie williams to stop play that pussy guitar.: laugh:

The only person capable of maintaining all those egos in the locker room is Joe Torre because he commands respect from his players and brings out the best in him because he understands each of them is unique in their own way. What works to motivate one player does not necessarily work with another.

Players who do not follow the format are shipped out, ala Raul Mondesi who complained about playing time and Ruben Sierra in his first stint with the team, he was traded away as well.

maybe a couple of years ago but they know he will not be back next year. The players also know if the go .500 or start off slow that he will be fired and randolph will be the coach. It is really up to jeter to keep people in line, that is what captains do. We will see

Lets wait before we give the division to you guys, the mets had a hell of a team on paper and couldn't fight their way out of last place.

well they are the mets :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You know what's even funnier?

1077901952973_A1BUCKNERWILSON8X10.JPG

Originally posted by nomembername

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You know what's even funnier?

Whats even funnier is, the loser signed it. If you were Bill Buckner and blew the World Series with an error, would you sign the photograph noting you suck and will forever be remembered for it? This is great stuff, Boston sucks!