Clubplanet Nightlife Community

No S.F. reviews??

It was actually really good. I don't work or promote there.

Crowded, not packed. Lots of hot women in nice outfits...

Music was amazing.... Only caught the end of Marco V

But Ink was on point and Escape played some cool stuff too.

I stayed till 11:30 and all my friends had a great time.

Dont worry...SF is a great club...they will find their groove again.

I personally wont go back like was said I LOVED SF and JP, but when it just stopped abruptly, alot of us got some bad feelings for SF. I wont go back...ever.

They are testing out the waters now.

The reason no one is posting about SF is because there were way too many better parties this weekend then Marco V @ SF.

March 13th...Black...that is it. We waited patiently. It may be exit but its a home.

Now we just gotta see whats gonna happen with DT.

Tek

Factory is a great space. If that club just opened today and would be packed to the gills. But now that it's competing with the new kids on the block plus JP's new club, they're gonna have a hard time competing. They've gotta bring in some bigger names into that place. Marco V and Robbi Rivera are good DJs and all, but they need DJs on another level like Morillo, Cox to renew interest in that place. Everyone's been there done that as far as Factory goes.

had a great time..shockingly

from 2 - 6 - horroble....seemled like exit- asian reunion on main floor...weiored crowd...

6 - 12 awesome...amazing music on all floors...good crowd..even though a lot of rookies earlier on...

good vibe..bascaily a great night..shockingly...

BUT

its only caue ex - sf heads got nowhere to go really withing their environment after jp stopped spinning,,,as soon as black opens...its safe to say everyone will go theere instead of sf...so wahts then for sf?

Look i've said it and I'll say it again.

The Jonathan Peters Era is OVER. Black/Work/Exit/JP's Happyland what ever it's called is going to open soon GOOD LUCK TO HIM with this venture.

This new party at Sound Factory on Saturdays is NOT for everyone. International DJ's every week on the main floor till 5,6 am than an Afterhours set by whom ever. The new party is a little more underground, you will see DJ's that rarely play NY in here. Marco V was great last week I totally expected something else but he played alot of really nice tech tracks.

If you think this is your thing hearing really cool DJ's on saturday at Sound Factory then by all means come on down.

Getting rid of JP may have been a mistake... I think they're making a bigger mistake by having 100 promoters randomly put people on a list just to line their pockets. When are club owners going to realize that they can easily take those commisions away and use that money for advertising or to bring in more varied talent. Since everyone on a promoter's list gets reduced door anyway... just lower the price to the reduced rate and take away the hassle of having to call or email someone to be put on a list. Sound Factory can definately make a comeback if the effort is put in by some people with brains..

I think the fact that we had to ASK people for reviews says a lot. If it was a bangin' night, people would have posted that on their own will, without being asked...If this was Peters' PJ party, this thread would have 50 replies by now (And I'm not even a JP fan, but can still admit he would have drawn a massive crowd).

I appreciate that SF is making an effort to bring in some international talent, but to me its a flashback to the road which led to the demise of Exit. Exit bounced from Denny to Boris to whomever, then to rotating Euro DJs...and finally to hip hop, which was the end...

I hope I'm wrong, but I think SF will close down within a year and re-open as a new venue. With Spirit, Avalon, Crobar and now Black, there are too many choices these days and SF is at a critical juncture.

How ironic - this time last year, SF was about the only game in town. Things change fast in this city.

• 1 year later...

I hope I'm wrong, but I think SF will close down within a year and re-open as a new venue. With Spirit, Avalon, Crobar and now Black, there are too many choices these days and SF is at a critical juncture.

How ironic - this time last year, SF was about the only game in town. Things change fast in this city.

Hey, this guy was right on.

What's up bro? I was actually thinking about you the other day. I hope life is treating you well.

thank God ;-)

just had a weekend trip through eastern europe, had 2 gigs over there, crazy isht going down over there! sooooooooooo whats going on with you? PM me

thank God ;-)

just had a weekend trip through eastern europe, had 2 gigs over there, crazy isht going down over there! sooooooooooo whats going on with you? PM me

Glad to hear you're doing well. Just working my ass off. I'll definitely pm you soon. Talk to you soon.