• TO MANY CLUB PROMOTERS
    • TO MANY NIGHTCLUBS
    • SEPTEMBER 11TH/ECONOMY
    • MAYOR GUILLIANI'S NEW LAWS
    • INTERNET/ONLINE DATING/TECHNOLOGY
    • OVERPRICED DJ'S
    • DAVID MARVISI
    • NOT ENOUGH CREATIVE PARTIES/ SAME OLD

Its definitely too many new nite clubs in nyc. I dont think its a bad thing. These new nite clubs that are open need to fill at least 2500 people and there is not enough good promoters in nyc that are working now. The problem is choice, where to go and what is worth peoples money for that nite. I dont think any of the other choices on the poll except for the economy choice has to do with the fading scene.

sept 11 / economy

since then a lot of people who had jobs / money don't and a lot of people who do have decided that going out isn't that important to them.

as for the number of clubs, etc. etc. shit like that happens all the time. bunch of places open, the good one's stick and the other fail. competition is good so you shouldn't complain about it. I mean how many clubs failed for every twilo that makes it? The only reason you have good sound and great dj's coming in is that places have to compete with each other for your dollar.

I don't know if I'm exactly on point here, but it seems the closest forum to comment on the snobbish door policies at the new places. Trying to build a rep as cool-ppl-filled and 50% girls. They turn away, many times permanently, the business of ppl they piss off. By the time they get real, it's too late to reverse the red ink.

Let's see if I understand this: they turn away common ppl to build the image, so as to get volume. But doesn't volume mean a lot of common ppl ?

What are u talking about?

This is NYC, u gotta have money, u gotta have Guts and u deff need to be well off, to really enjoy this city.

door policy's ARE NY. and i love them, when there not in affect, u have a room filled with NJ Guidos, AND THAT AINT COOL, lol

This is NYC,

and its deff thumpen, u can go out to atleast 3 diff venue's every ngiht of the week, sooooooo

i dont see how its failed?

its 2004, not 1984..

Chill, lol

oly>

Originally posted by ny2florida

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

you got too many fakers and pretenders out there- amateurs on every level- that never could party-cant party-and never will party-and the problem with that is that it is now a diseae- the internet has let all of the amateurs in the party- when they shoulnt be-they have diluted the party scene totally- its like going to a freaking new jersey mall- all the bullshit crashed the party- party goers, and promoters and club owners- way too many amateurs that the internet has let in the back doo- lmfao

babbo!!!

EVERYTHING U HAVE SAID.is soooooooooooooooooooooo

RIGHT!!

the internet has fucked it all up if u ask me.....

u either new where to go or what to do threw word of mouth, or u saw a flyer out somewhere, there was never so much shit, that gave u pics, and numbers and reviews....untill the mid 90's. kinda sucks. now ALL NYC clubs are a fcuken MALL. from Jersey

i voted for "not enough creative parties"

There have been very few parties in this city that have been original in their djs & crowd appeal. It seems like the same DJs are playing all the time to the same crowds. It just seems very monotonous.

that said, i wish PS1 operated for longer than it does now. Why can't it start in May and end in September? :(

Originally posted by jaysea

babbo!!!

EVERYTHING U HAVE SAID.is soooooooooooooooooooooo

RIGHT!!

the internet has fucked it all up if u ask me.....

u either new where to go or what to do threw word of mouth, or u saw a flyer out somewhere, there was never so much shit, that gave u pics, and numbers and reviews....untill the mid 90's. kinda sucks. now ALL NYC clubs are a fcuken MALL. from Jersey

indeed!!!-

Originally posted by ny2florida

yes but the nightclub biz started to decline with guilliani.... im really suprised no one put internet/dating websites/ new technologies as i believe this is part of what drastically helped the nightclub business decline.

- brian

www.brianspeedevents.com

www.bumpnyc.com

www.floridahotsingles.com

I THINK THE CREATION OF THIS SITE PLAYED A PART IN THE DECLINE OF NIGHTCLUB BUSSINESS. NO OFFENSE TO THE OWNERS AND MODERATORS, IT JUST THAT THIS SITE DESTROYED THE SCENE AND PUT NITECLUBS OUT OF BUSSINESS AND AVOIDED PEOPLE FROM GOING OUT. IT BECAME THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER.