the yankees bullpen is solid

starting picthing is good

starting lineup is incredible

bench who cares when you have those starters

they will dominate the league

yankees def redsox in alcs

cubs def astros in nlcs

yankees defeat cubs world serries :laugh:

consider we have the best man in all of sports of all time and his name is not jeter,a rod or giambi his name is george steinbrenner.

this man will not settle for anything but winning it all this year and i think with a rod, sheffield etc etc he has proven this.

how is he ruining the whole sport? its a free country and he can pay as much as he wants to win. the lakers in the nba arent stacked with team they have? any team can put more investors together, have higher cover charges and do what he does. he is good for the sport. to bad more clubs are not competitiike him...:hat:

For everyone saying the Yankees are ruining the sport, the Red Sox wanted ARod as well and lost out. What about the Lakers? Kobe Shaq Payton Malone, thats not the same thing? How the hell do you beat that line-up when they are all healthy?

Thats an all-star team vs. any nba franchise.

nba has a salary cap so you can not compare. The lakers are not spending 75 million more then next team, and that team is not spending 85 million more then the last team.

The yankees just have more money to spend on players. period

The red sox have more money to spend on players. period

teams like the marlins or tampa bay or the brewers just can not spend the money and stay in business. That is the way it is, it is not the yankees fault it is mlb fault.

If you can afford to do it, why wouldn't you. That is why people do not like the bruins owner, he makes money but does not spend the money on players.

Would you rather georgie pocket the money the team makes?

Let him spend it on the players and coaches, like owners should.

I can not believe he bought the team for 18 million. It has to be worth close to a billion by now.:eek: :eek:

I still hate posada

It still depends on the Pitching Staff... We have a pitching staff that we are all not 100% about. Between Surgeries, inconsistancy in the past and age... Who knows...

As far as one person turning the team around... With A-ROD in the lineup along with the line up we have he will see better pitches and have more oppertunities to hit the ball... He will have more men on base than he did with Texas hopefully producing more RBIs etc... etc...

So without saying that one person is going to change things all together for the Yankees... But he will make a world of difference... And if the press does not rip A-ROD and JETER apart. They could be the beginning of the conection that the Yankees have not had since a few years back where the players just clicked together and worked as a team instead of over priced single players...

WE SHALL SEE.... AND GOD DAMN I CANNOT WAIT TILL OPENING DAY... :D

Originally posted by jtk4

The yankees just have more money to spend on players. period

The red sox have more money to spend on players. period

teams like the marlins or tampa bay or the brewers just can not spend the money and stay in business. That is the way it is, it is not the yankees fault it is mlb fault.

but u also have teams like KC who's owner pockets the millions he gets from the luxury tax instead of upgrading the franchise. Who's fault is that??? Don't blame George for seizing opportunities to improve the team by being willing to pay for talent. The Sox would have him already if they weren't so damn cheap!

Originally posted by mindfaqd

but u also have teams like KC who's owner pockets the millions he gets from the luxury tax instead of upgrading the franchise. Who's fault is that??? Don't blame George for seizing opportunities to improve the team by being willing to pay for talent. The Sox would have him already if they weren't so damn cheap!

i believe only the yankees paid luxury tax last year (i might be wrong) 56 million, all of that 56 geets divided by the remaining teams, so that leaves each team like 1.8 million. wow!! :eek:

baseball needs a salary cap, although i really haven't liked the result of the NFL with random teams getting to the super bowel each year. the problem is that you have 2 teams (yankees and red sox) that are in a league of their own when it comes to spending. you see the same situation with football (soccer) in europe, where the rich teams are getting riched and small and mid-market teams are going into administration because they cant even get fans into their stadium nor sponsors for their teams.

teh rate this is going i doubt anything is going to be done until a few major league clubs start declaring themselves in bankrupcy. expos were the first.

the yankees are playing within the rules of the game, they are not to blame, MLB is to blame. further, to the yankees credit, one thing is spend mega-millions and the other is to actually be succesfull. you can see the prime example with the new york rangers or the portland trailblazers.