Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit2 HAS NOT been sold

I went to exit yesterday (Friday) to apply for a bartending job there. All the office staff was there. They were setting up to reopen. Also, they were refurbishing somethings, such as sanding some of the floors, BUT THIS CLUB IS DEFINITALY GOING TO REOPEN SOON!

that ass hole still owns the entire building...

jp's managment is now leasing it, they singed a temp 6 month lease, and if all goes well, they have the optione to renew it for 52 months after that...

the current price of that building is 22 million dollar's

im so not fucken around, lol

Guest starscream
Originally posted by musicman55

hey dumb ass jp bought it and it is opeing on march 13

hey dumbass where do u get your info from?jp didnt buy exit hes not that rich u know.second its still exit2 its just jps party for sat nights is black.3rd it still will be a good party becuase since he is leasing it that means he gets to have his own people work it and im sure anything is better than the exit staff.:D

seriously you guys need a reality check.

JP bought an entire building???? in manhattan??? with what money??? sure theres a valid argument that he made tons of money from his career but come on now.. purchasing an entire building of that caliber is no fucking joke... even if JP got paid 10k for every gig it would take him 45+ years on a 480k salary (which is a lot of fucking money for a dj, even JP) to purchase something like that.

second, marvisi owns the entire block.

Absolutely correct.

FYI Mr Marvisi is trying to get out of the Nightclub business and is looking to move down to Miami where he is looking for a large restaurant/catering building.

His days are numbered in NYC and he is well aware that having his name attached to any club is not good for business.

Hmmm sound familiar right?

He still owns, Plaid, Capitale and Mr/Uncle' Steve's audio on Canal street

Originally posted by goodfridays

seriously you guys need a reality check.

JP bought an entire building???? in manhattan??? with what money??? sure theres a valid argument that he made tons of money from his career but come on now.. purchasing an entire building of that caliber is no fucking joke... even if JP got paid 10k for every gig it would take him 45+ years on a 480k salary (which is a lot of fucking money for a dj, even JP) to purchase something like that.

second, marvisi owns the entire block.

ummm, have you ever heard of a mortgage...and private investors? learn about finance before you write stupid shit. 20% down payment of 22 million is 4.4mil. Mortgage rates are 4%. Running with the club would pay the 60K monthly mortgage and some roughly. Not exactly chump change but very doable.

Guest sianxc
Originally posted by pangelid

ummm, have you ever heard of a mortgage...and private investors? learn about finance before you write stupid shit. 20% down payment of 22 million is 4.4mil. Mortgage rates are 4%. Running with the club would pay the 60K monthly mortgage and some roughly. Not exactly chump change but very doable.

but also you forgot to mention, the multiple taxes involved, licensing, renewals, broker fees, commissions, transfer fees, attorneys, extensive inspections oh and renovations...

Originally posted by sianxc

but also you forgot to mention, the multiple taxes involved, licensing, renewals, broker fees, commissions, transfer fees, attorneys, extensive inspections oh and renovations...

just trying to point out is not 22 mil up front. plus private investment make it a very REAL opportunity.

I would think that Dave Marvisi is trying to distance himself from the Nightclub industry due to all the money laundering allegations that have been reported over the past year. He's trying to take some heat off of himself and have someone else as the "figurehead". It's way more likely that he has entered into a an agreement with JP and his management team to be some kind of "working partners" in the club. They will probably handle all of the day to day operations of the club and get a cut of the proceeds. I know that scumbag really well and there's no way he'd ever just give the place up for a monthly fee. As time passes he'll be starving for attention.

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

I would think that Dave Marvisi is trying to distance himself from the Nightclub industry due to all the money laundering allegations that have been reported over the past year. He's trying to take some heat off of himself and have someone else as the "figurehead". It's way more likely that he has entered into a an agreement with JP and his management team to be some kind of "working partners" in the club. They will probably handle all of the day to day operations of the club and get a cut of the proceeds. I know that scumbag really well and there's no way he'd ever just give the place up for a monthly fee. As time passes he'll be starving for attention.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

If JP HAD! bought the premises, the transfer of licenses and legal issues would have taken longer than one month.

Not to mention that NOBODY investing in the property would shell out one penny until they did a full audit of the books which could take months to do.

It seems that the scenario Bumpdaddy mentions is much more likely..

The place is quite notorious so the SLA (State Liquor Authority) are not going to do a transfer without extensive investigation.

Very true

this is a property that has been a Disco since the late 80's wasent this mirage? then carbon. now Exit,

im preaty sure exit was Carbon..

so the city deff knows of this space, esp since carbon was in the news every month for another shoting or stabbing, lol

and when it was mirage.....didint it burn down, while people were init, and it took a few million to restore it?

yea, this space has a shady ass past, lol

Originally posted by jaysea

Very true

this is a property that has been a Disco since the late 80's wasent this mirage? then carbon. now Exit,

im preaty sure exit was Carbon..

so the city deff knows of this space, esp since carbon was in the news every month for another shoting or stabbing, lol

and when it was mirage.....didint it burn down, while people were init, and it took a few million to restore it?

yea, this space has a shady ass past, lol

yeah.. it was mirage... and there was a fire... then it was carbon... and very breifly a chippendales or some other male revue... then exit...

There's no way there has been a transfer of ownership or licensed operators without permit transfers and CB4 / SLA / DCA / Zoning Board approvals. It typicly takes well over a year to get all you paperwork in order. I know .... I've been on both sides of the approval procsess..

Originally posted by jdp33

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Not to mention that NOBODY investing in the property would shell out one penny until they did a full audit of the books which could take months to do.

It could take a year to accurately audit the books there.... thats assuming you got some cooperation. there are alot of cash transactions going on there and I'm very sure the books are extremely exaggerated... what with all the money laundering that's "allegedly" going on...I' very sure Dave Marvisi isn't going to be opening his books to anyone unless they have a subpena.. and even that's questionable...

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

It could take a year to accurately audit the books there.... thats assuming you got some cooperation. there are alot of cash transactions going on there and I'm very sure the books are extremely exaggerated... what with all the money laundering that's "allegedly" going on...I' very sure Dave Marvisi isn't going to be opening his books to anyone unless they have a subpena.. and even that's questionable...

It's funny how we read all these ridiculous rumors and then you get a couple of seasoned promoters and owners posting and it all gets put into perspective.

I can tell you there there are only a handfull of DJ's in the WORLD who would neither WANT TO or have the money/inevstors to buy a NYC club. Especially one with such a checkered past as Exit.

Aside from Restaurants, Clubs are the riskiest forms of businesses in this city with and incredibly high failure rate.

Any investor/bank/venture capitalist would be simply NUTS to bank roll a DJ !

Unless of course your name is Tiesto...

Originally posted by pangelid

just trying to point out is not 22 mil up front. plus private investment make it a very REAL opportunity.

no shit... who would put that type of money up front?

20% for a manhattan real estate is a joke.

your more than likely to have to pay at least double that

amount w/ the "tax records" of a dj

where is the real opportunity? you would have to be a total millionaire swimming in money to try and open a club of that magnitude in ny with the state of clubland as it is.

oh you can also add butter to the list of marvisi owned property.