Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dt

Speaking of which is he going to WMC? I know he turned the residency in Ibiza and was never there last summer (very disappointing since I caught him about 2 years back in Privilege when he spun a gig instead of a sick Diggers and completely packed the biggest venue in the world and brought the crowd on its knees) so I was wandering if he is really staying in NYC?

Originally posted by tranceou

That is the same shit I hear about him every TIME I bring that fact up. I have no problem with him thanking opening DJ or whatever. But all other shit you just brought up that like almost an hour out of a set. If I want to talk to a dj I will try to catch him when he is out of a DJ booth. When he is behind decks I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING BUT HIS MUSIC. PERIOD. And btw this is a criticism you will hear from alot of oldtimer fans of DT so dont give me that shit about communicating with the crowd. He is good of a DJ to communicate with you through his music NOT his talk

PEACE

Same shit you HEAR? Unless you're there for yourself, STFU. I'm there every week, so I would know whether it happens or not. An hour of a set? Not even close. Don't like it, don't go. You don't go? Good. Stay home. Doesn't stop the 800-1000 other people that go every week.

PEACE

Originally posted by dkny8

Same shit you HEAR? Unless you're there for yourself, STFU. I'm there every week, so I would know whether it happens or not. An hour of a set? Not even close. Don't like it, don't go. You don't go? Good. Stay home. Doesn't stop the 800-1000 other people that go every week.

PEACE

LOL 800-1000? That must be an amazing party in your head if you see doubles or tripples. Check the capacity of Arc. And why do you get so defensive ah? Did I say that his skills as a DJ suck? NO you dumb twat. Did I say he is bad producer? NO. SO WTF is your problem? You are PMSing you little cunt? Stop bitching before I slap you. And dont worry I dont go to his parties here. So RELAX YOURSELF and pay attention to what people are writing. I am at least happy that people idolize him than JP or the next thing you will tell me that you love him too?

Originally posted by axe

I am 30 ... how old are you 20? "HIS party was made by people like me" What are you on :laugh: :laugh:

Peace

And how long you been "clubbing" just out of curioustiy? And just because you are on something all the time does not mean EVERY1 in the scene are on something so shut your trap tie your balls into the knot and crawl under whatever rock you came from you ape. And by whom his party was made than if not by the fans?

God how I hate dumb shits like you who cant see past their own little dicks!!

LOL 800-1000? That must be an amazing party in your head if you see doubles or tripples. Check the capacity of Arc. And why do you get so defensive ah? Did I say that his skills as a DJ suck? NO you dumb twat. Did I say he is bad producer? NO. SO WTF is your problem? You are PMSing you little cunt? Stop bitching before I slap you. And dont worry I dont go to his parties here. So RELAX YOURSELF and pay attention to what people are writing. I am at least happy that people idolize him than JP or the next thing you will tell me that you love him too?

Arc does average 800-1000 on Fridays retard. There were 1900 people at the anniversary.

Originally posted by Drunk

Arc does average 800-1000 on Fridays retard. There were 1900 people at the anniversary.

Maybe thats why Arc will be shutting down due to overcrowding of the building. :idea:

And you personally counted them? Whatever the numbers are "retard" does not change a thing about what I said before.

Trance sucks. :laugh:

Oh uhm "I am deeply hurt" :finger2::lame:

:jerkoff:

As much as every1 thinks they "know" every1 here seems to have not only selective reading problems but also they seem to thrive on their own ignorance. Trance sucks? good thant I wont see you at the parties that "suck" Stay in Arc, Be Yourself and be happy...you ignorant gutless piece of....

Maybe thats why Arc will be shutting down due to overcrowding of the building. :idea:

Wow, was that an attempt to be funny? Or evidence of how braindead you are? The building was sold, had nothing to do with ARC.

And you personally counted them? Whatever the numbers are "retard" does not change a thing about what I said before.

I'm good friends with security and staff there, so I know what numbers they did. As for DT speaking, not many who go to his party really give a shit. So I think the PMS'ing is on your end. Midol, try it. :aright:

Wow, was that an attempt to be funny? Or evidence of how braindead you are?

I'm good friends with security and staff there, so I know what numbers they did. As for DT speaking, not many who go to his party really give a shit. So I think the PMS'ing is on your end. Midol, try it. :aright:

I take it you regularly on it. Once again what is so upsetting about what I said before? Because someone is criticizing your idol? I dont. I give him props for the years of hard work and making it in the effed up town. He runs a sucessful party night, numerous cds, etc. No1 is robbing him from it. The only thing I said is the following: I think his performances overseas (never seen him in the States except here) are much better thats all. Now if you cant see that than you are the one who is not only braindead but also ignorant.

The only thing I said is the following: I think his performances overseas (never seen him in the States except here) are much better thats all.

He's not my idol, though he is a friend. Any DJ steps it up a notch when they're spinning somewhere else. DT is no different. So we don't disagree entirely. That doesn't take away from the fact that he still turns it out at home, so to say it's waste of time, is ignorant, especially if you don't go and make your conclusions on what you hear from other people. 800-1000 a week are impressive numbers from a club that doesn't even serve alcohol. He's doing something right at 6 Hubert Street.

He's not my idol, though he is a friend. Any DJ steps it up a notch when they're spinning somewhere else. DT is no different. So we don't disagree entirely. That doesn't take away from the fact that he still turns it out at home, so to say it's waste of time, is ignorant, especially if you don't go and make your conclusions on what you hear from other people. 800-1000 a week are impressive numbers from a club that doesn't even serve alcohol. He's doing something right at 6 Hubert Street.

Where in my posts did you see me say it was a waste of time? And that is the problem that DJs think that just because it is their turf they dont have to "put out" (no pun intended). And to tell you honestly, I dont think this is entirely true (about the fact that Dj spins better somewhere else). Fact: Paul Van Dyk does not put even 60% of energy and skill in his NYC sets as he does in Berlin (his home town). It is been critisized by clubbers here that actually heard him there. And that is true about many djs that come to NYC. (something about our town either scares them or they dont care). Is DT doing something right? No question about it. Like I mentioned before, I think he was the only DJ ever to be offered residency in all 9 clubs in Ibiza and we all know how heavily it is influenced by UK dance scene. When DT retires I am sure he will be missed on the scene.

Well this convo is beat, but here were your own words.

I think actually Be Yourself is the worse place to check him out. In spite of the fact that DT is considered to be one of the best DJs in the world (he was asked to have residency in Ibiza in all 9 clubs for 4 years straight) and he has skills/talent, Be Yourself is a waste of time. He also talks during the sets which I never understood.

Well this convo is beat, but here were your own words.

Not that beat if you actually went to find the post.

Apologies it was said in the heat of the moment. I will rephrase that and say imo Be Yourself is not the best place to check him. Now we are all politically correct.

and think makes him great. He is a people's dj, a crowd's dj, and he also is a dj's dj. He keeps everyone happy, not to mention he is a nice guy. He is consistent, always creative, and his only agenda seems to be keeping the crowd happy, playing for the people and the room in front of him, not playing for himself or the crowd he wishes was there or the room he wishes he was in. He has a way of playing the old and the new and keeping everyone happy and coming back for more- which personally to me is the key to being a successful dj. My 2 cents.

His anniversary set was all over the place. DT said it him self he was trying to cover all five years of be yourself. Just go and check him out on any Friday. DT pours his hart out in his work. He loves to spin. He does stick to that dark tribal sound and likes to drop vocals. In one night he may spin many different kinds of sets. I have heard him go from tech house to old school garage in just one night. He is a master of his craft the best house DJ New York and one of the best in the world.

P.S. If you like a DJ that mixes it up check out Danny Howells. Right now he is sticking to Tech house, but when he mixes it up no one can compare.

Originally posted by drbabybutt

YOOOOOO- Does anyone remember that gig when Danny T and Digweed spun together.

Damn that was awesome, un-real. Dude, you are getting me all nostalgic now,,,,,I think about that shit and the memories are so good. Maybe it is not the scene, but just me, but when I remember stuff like that, I wonder if that type of thing is ever gonna come back to NYC on a regular basis.

Thanks for bringing that up, its cool to reminisce about that one.

Then it was about the music more than how you look and what you are on.