Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dt

How good of a DJ is Danny Tenaglia?

I want hear ppl's opinions on him. I hear so much how sick he is but I only heard him once and I really didnt like what he was playing - way too much tribal.

But this was only once at the Arc's Anniversary Party - it was just way too much tribal got sick of it. But still want to hear other ppls opinions on him - dont want to discredit him just b/c he perhpas had in my opinion one bad night....

Originally posted by xtckid28

what makes him the best??? any stories to the crazy shit he does???

No offense but you sound like a newb to the scene. Just go check him out for yourself again. DT is a legend. DT spins mostly drops dark, hard progressive house and tribal. If tribal isn't your thing, chances are you won't like DT. I'm sure someone is going to come on this thread and complain about DT's bitching or his rules or whatever, ignore it. Go to arc and make your own call. DT's been around 25 years for a reason.

Danny is a pure legend in the game........almost everyone has been influenced by him in some way or another........

It's been said by many that he is "The DJ's DJ"........much respect to him.....i've learned a lot myself by going to his parties

He also has an appreciative crowd all over the world and this should speak enough for his many talents

he is one of the best dj's in the WORLD

i will see him again - but i just didnt like his whole set of tribal....i like a mix. but he definely does set a vibe that is amazing - even though i wasn't feeling the music the vibe there was great and the dj i feel always brings the vibe to the venue he is spinnin at. i can tell he is amazing dj even though i didnt like his set. but thanks for the feedback from everyone

Wow his annivarsary was off the hook, I am surprised you didnt like it. I thought that was one of his better sets I heard. I went this past weekend and I thought his set was OK. I wish it was harder, anyway I had fun, DT never dissapoints me. I would say try again, but if you didnt like it then I dont think you will like it now.

But hey give it another try, The first time I wenrt to Arc I didnt like it but once I went backed I got hooked

Originally posted by drbabybutt

YOOOOOO- Does anyone remember that gig when Danny T and Digweed spun together.

Damn that was awesome, un-real. Dude, you are getting me all nostalgic now,,,,,I think about that shit and the memories are so good. Maybe it is not the scene, but just me, but when I remember stuff like that, I wonder if that type of thing is ever gonna come back to NYC on a regular basis.

Thanks for bringing that up, its cool to reminisce about that one.

do you remember danny tenagia and carl cox....that was insane!!! twilo rip...........:D

Go to the Closing party in April... If there is a party to be at. And to really experience DT. I am sure that will be an event to not miss...

If you don't like Tribal. That is your taste in Genre. You cannot judge how a DJ performs because of the Genre. If you don't like the Genre you don't like it. But as far as his skills he is absolutely flawless.

In all truthfulness. I have not seen him much lately maybe 3 times in the last 2 years. Life changes and you move on. But back in the Tunnel days. I did not miss a single D-TOUR event. And I was never let down. It is rare if ever he does not throw down an incredible set. And he knows how to work his crowd...

The best time to see him a little out of his genre is when he plays big events outside of his residancy. He will play a little more to the crowd that is attending. Which is normally different than his weekly crowd on Fridays who go for the music he plays. And the reason his party has been so successful...

Don't go by others opinions. Base your feelings on your own experience...

DT is by far the best DJ and a very nice guy. How could u be into house music and have never seen him!!! ( are you under 20?)

If you are staying in NY go to his birthday party on the 5th .... don't wait to the closing party

Originally posted by dkny8

No offense but you sound like a newb to the scene. Just go check him out for yourself again. DT is a legend. DT spins mostly drops dark, hard progressive house and tribal. If tribal isn't your thing, chances are you won't like DT. I'm sure someone is going to come on this thread and complain about DT's bitching or his rules or whatever, ignore it. Go to arc and make your own call. DT's been around 25 years for a reason.

I think actually Be Yourself is the worse place to check him out. In spite of the fact that DT is considered to be one of the best DJs in the world (he was asked to have residency in Ibiza in all 9 clubs for 4 years straight) and he has skills/talent, Be Yourself is a waste of time. He also talks during the sets which I never understood.

Originally posted by tranceou

I think actually Be Yourself is the worse place to check him out. In spite of the fact that DT is considered to be one of the best DJs in the world (he was asked to have residency in Ibiza in all 9 clubs for 4 years straight) and he has skills/talent, Be Yourself is a waste of time. He also talks during the sets which I never understood.

He rarely spins outside New York anymore, so good luck try to catch him anywhere else but Arc. The speaking during sets is rare. People who say this are most often people who don't go. When he talks during sets he's usually thanking the opening DJ, giving shouts to DJs that are in the crowd, telling the crowd what new events are coming up etc. He likes communicating with the crowd, and the regulars that follow DT *get it* and appreciate it. This business about DT lecturing the crowd about smoking or whatever has happened RARELY.

Originally posted by dkny8

He rarely spins outside New York anymore, so good luck try to catch him anywhere else but Arc. The speaking during sets is rare. People who say this are most often people who don't go. When he talks during sets he's usually thanking the opening DJ, giving shouts to DJs that are in the crowd, telling the crowd what new events are coming up etc. He likes communicating with the crowd, and the regulars that follow DT *get it* and appreciate it. This business about DT lecturing the crowd about smoking or whatever has happened RARELY.

That is the same shit I hear about him every TIME I bring that fact up. I have no problem with him thanking opening DJ or whatever. But all other shit you just brought up that like almost an hour out of a set. If I want to talk to a dj I will try to catch him when he is out of a DJ booth. When he is behind decks I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING BUT HIS MUSIC. PERIOD. And btw this is a criticism you will hear from alot of oldtimer fans of DT so dont give me that shit about communicating with the crowd. He is good of a DJ to communicate with you through his music NOT his talk

PEACE