Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2004 is the Year Of TRance!!!!

macfunk19

Originally posted by rcrespo

sasha and john played some real sick music last night i dont know what i could classify it other than good.

tru dat!

I don't know how to classify the music they played..it was just unfuckingbelievable.!!

Guest saleen351

if the DEA does their job then trance is done

if the DEA sits on their ass, then trance will come back full force.

ps trance is for kids, grow up! aren't you embarrased to be driving along with tiesto playing?

Originally posted by saleen351

ps trance is for kids, grow up! aren't you embarrased to be driving along with tiesto playing?

we don't wanna grow up & be old & grumpy - depressing ourselves further listening to house sets. let us be!

ehh... it could be for kids..really am tired of all the tiesto hype though.. drove me bananas and away from this music period.. a lot of the new stuff is extremely watered down, done, played out.. best stuff is from 96-99, hands down.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by echoesofdusk

ehh... it could be for kids..really am tired of all the tiesto hype though.. drove me bananas and away from this music period.. a lot of the new stuff is extremely watered down, done, played out.. best stuff is from 96-99, hands down.

dude, it's 5 years later and you are just realizing trance was done in 1999???

omg people say trance is done?! Yeah right. Keep dreaming man. Why does Tiesto pack Space everytime he comes? Why does PVD fill it up? When the announcer asked us @Ultra who we came to see, the whole crowd said Tiesto and Tiesto=Trance.

TRance isn't done dudes. I won't let it be done. And trust me all the tranceaddicts in the world and in Miami won't let it be done.

Trance is like the keith richards of music... it just won't go away.

But, I also look at it this way - the fact that so many people enjoy it, support it (ala Tiesto @ Space) then who fucking cares anyway?

I'm personally not a "fan" of most trance, but i'm not gonna say its dead... it will never die... not as long as we have all those tranceheads from MIA CP.....:laugh:

Guest saleen351

if trance was so big, miami would have a weekly trance party...

but they don't, they have weekly house parties only...

Originally posted by lolahotass

Trance is like the keith richards of music... it just won't go away.

But, I also look at it this way - the fact that so many people enjoy it, support it (ala Tiesto @ Space) then who fucking cares anyway?

I'm personally not a "fan" of most trance, but i'm not gonna say its dead... it will never die... not as long as we have all those tranceheads from MIA CP.....:laugh:

ahhhhhhhhhhh lola ur coming around. ;)

if trance was so big, miami would have a weekly trance party...

but they don't, they have weekly house parties only...

:laugh:

You can blame club owners for that IMO. They force-feed us with "house" DJ's every week. Yet when that once or twice a month when there is a "trance" night somewhere, it's slammed packed! Trance is dead? Maybe to you and many others, but it's not....

I love it when people get older and say that a certain type of music or genre is dead.

I'm 30 y/o have been listening to music since the day I was born.

I've gone threw the last of the 70s throughout all the 80s and through the 90s and and now into the new millinium and have listened to music from KC and the sunshine band, the Gap Band, Prince, Morris Day & the Time, Madonna, Afrika Bambatta, 2 Live Crew, Tone Loc, Mc Hammer, Timmy T, TKA, Safire, the Cover Girls, Apolonia 6, Expose, Depeche Mode, New Order, The Cure, Erasure, Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Enigma, Kraftwerk, Paul Oakenfold, Leftfield, Sasha/Digweed, ICey, baby Anne, Sandra Collins, Kimball Collins, RITM, Gus Gus, Sneaker Pimps, Blue Amazon, LTJ Bukum, PVD, Jackal n Hyde, Hipp E n Halo, Lawnchair Generals, DJ Colette, DJ Solange, Myles Hie, Soul Patch, Paul Newhouse, Riot Gear, Femme DJs, etc etc etc....

And as much as I like House, and Breaks, & Drum n Bass and what not My LOve will always be Progressive House & Trance!!!

Where does it say that Trance is for kids?

If listening to House Music Only is your cup of tea then cool. You shouldn't bitch and complain about how you don't like a certain genre any more because you feel that younger people like the music more.

Does anyone care if you don't like Trance or not. Go to your House club and have fun Let the Trance people go out and have fun at their Trance night.

And just because a city doesn't have a trance weekly doesn't mean the demand for that genre is not there.

Club Owners and Club Promoters are notorious for not doing what they should be doing. In America they ignore Electronic Dance Music in General. That's why you have your Wild 95.5FMs, or your Y106s, or XL106.7FM in Orlando and lets not forget about Hip Hop just being force fed to the masses.

What you usually get at clubs in General is Hip Hop, Top 40 (which is now Rap n R&B, with an occasional pop dance tune).

Funny thing, to keep all this in perspective, I talked to several people in the general public about Winter Music Conference before I went to Miami this weekend. No one I talked to knew what the hell I was talking about. And when I started telling them the big names in our scene; in our Industry, they just looked at me like if someone came up to you and started telling you who were the top pop or rock n roll artists in Russia, or Romania or Japan.

They didn't know Anything about House or Trance or Drum n Bass or anything we talk about on this board.

So the point, There's no reason to disrespect another genre of Electronic Dance music just because in your opinion its not the genre for you. I personally couldn't deal with lots of Breaks & Drum n Bass all the time or Vocal House on a constant basis 24/7. BUT then again what I listen to is my cup of tea.

Originally posted by skytraveler

I love it when people get older and say that a certain type of music or genre is dead.

I'm 30 y/o have been listening to music since the day I was born.

I've gone threw the last of the 70s throughout all the 80s and through the 90s and and now into the new millinium and have listened to music from KC and the sunshine band, the Gap Band, Prince, Morris Day & the Time, Madonna, Afrika Bambatta, 2 Live Crew, Tone Loc, Mc Hammer, Timmy T, TKA, Safire, the Cover Girls, Apolonia 6, Expose, Depeche Mode, New Order, The Cure, Erasure, Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Enigma, Kraftwerk, Paul Oakenfold, Leftfield, Sasha/Digweed, ICey, baby Anne, Sandra Collins, Kimball Collins, RITM, Gus Gus, Sneaker Pimps, Blue Amazon, LTJ Bukum, PVD, Jackal n Hyde, Hipp E n Halo, Lawnchair Generals, DJ Colette, DJ Solange, Myles Hie, Soul Patch, Paul Newhouse, Riot Gear, Femme DJs, etc etc etc....

And as much as I like House, and Breaks, & Drum n Bass and what not My LOve will always be Progressive House & Trance!!!

Where does it say that Trance is for kids?

If listening to House Music Only is your cup of tea then cool. You shouldn't bitch and complain about how you don't like a certain genre any more because you feel that younger people like the music more.

Does anyone care if you don't like Trance or not. Go to your House club and have fun Let the Trance people go out and have fun at their Trance night.

And just because a city doesn't have a trance weekly doesn't mean the demand for that genre is not there.

Club Owners and Club Promoters are notorious for not doing what they should be doing. In America they ignore Electronic Dance Music in General. That's why you have your Wild 95.5FMs, or your Y106s, or XL106.7FM in Orlando and lets not forget about Hip Hop just being force fed to the masses.

What you usually get at clubs in General is Hip Hop, Top 40 (which is now Rap n R&B, with an occasional pop dance tune).

Funny thing, to keep all this in perspective, I talked to several people in the general public about Winter Music Conference before I went to Miami this weekend. No one I talked to knew what the hell I was talking about. And when I started telling them the big names in our scene; in our Industry, they just looked at me like if someone came up to you and started telling you who were the top pop or rock n roll artists in Russia, or Romania or Japan.

They didn't know Anything about House or Trance or Drum n Bass or anything we talk about on this board.

So the point, There's no reason to disrespect another genre of Electronic Dance music just because in your opinion its not the genre for you. I personally couldn't deal with lots of Breaks & Drum n Bass all the time or Vocal House on a constant basis 24/7. BUT then again what I listen to is my cup of tea.

:werd: