Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Moving To LA from Boston

lbell25678

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When looking for a place you might want to check out westside rentals -www.westsiderenatals.com They have a large # of listings in the LA area. I actually found that the best places can be found by just driving around a area where some of the westside posts are (that are not listed on WSR) - You'll love the weather out here! I moved out from DC, and I have no desire to ever go back!

Originally posted by lbell25678

I'll be looking south of LA and surrounding area

If you dont' want to move in by yourself may I suggest you try Roomateservices.com You'll get to pick through a variety of listings, and it's free. That is until you want to communicate with one of the renters. I recommend you do the 3-day trial for around 5 bucks!:D

Hey Boston is so much fun .. I love the history out here.!! coming back to LA tomorrow but anyways..

How much stuff do you have? When I moved out here I checked out actual trailors that are shipped out here.. I think like ahh sheit.. i can't think of the names right now but We had a truck driver put our stuff along with other companies stuff and ship it out here.. was about 1000.00.. or so for 2 people.. you pay for the space that you use in the trailor..

Even check out Uhaul or do a google search.. i'll check to see what company I used and I'll get back at ya!

• 2 weeks later...

im from NY, but have a Studio/house in west hollywood, and let me tell you,

its to diff fucken worlds....

LA is great! fucken nice weather, Beach's, Decent lounge scene, and a few spots worth checken out....BUT it does not compare to the NY scene, Where NY is much more on a larger scale, and has alot more NOT so mainstream club's, loft's, n shit like that (Brooklyn) has alot of great underground house party's n iv seen big names dj's show up n throw down, THAT wont happen here in la, lol people might be more laid back, BUT there are PLENTY of assholes here to!!, and the snobby level....is like HUGE!

Where in NY. noone fucken cares about anyone or anything, lol

its is much more laid back then NY. its the perfect place for new yorkers to Retire to, lol

oly>

i disagree with jaysea on the snob comment. the attitude level at arc and sound factory (in manhattan) was so high that one visit each was enough for me. the unfriendliness in the air in those two places has remained unmatched, in my experience.

• 2 weeks later...
im from NY, but have a Studio/house in west hollywood, and let me tell you,

its to diff fucken worlds....

LA is great! fucken nice weather, Beach's, Decent lounge scene, and a few spots worth checken out....BUT it does not compare to the NY scene, Where NY is much more on a larger scale, and has alot more NOT so mainstream club's, loft's, n shit like that (Brooklyn) has alot of great underground house party's n iv seen big names dj's show up n throw down, THAT wont happen here in la, lol people might be more laid back, BUT there are PLENTY of assholes here to!!, and the snobby level....is like HUGE!

Where in NY. noone fucken cares about anyone or anything, lol

its is much more laid back then NY. its the perfect place for new yorkers to Retire to, lol

oly>

I respectfully disagree with what he says about LA but understand where he is coming from.

As someone here who personally left NYC for the LA scene many years ago, the initial thought was one of depression thinking that LA could never match NYC. Yes, NYC will always ahve the density factor as a plus for the city - the ability to go so many places in just a matter of a moments on the subway or the cab where in LA everything is more spread out.

But I really have to say, not to toot my horn, as someone who is exceptionally connected in LA, it's really jawdropping how every scene is represented in LA. Everything you mentioned you believe is absent in LA really does exist. The problem is it's not as well publicized as possible. (Again, not trying to shameless plug but) LALate tries to connect people that would otherwise never go to an all age massive or a 21 and over 18 hour dj warehouse party the opportunity. The scenes DO exist and LA has really pioneered the ability to take clubgoers from White Lotus at 2 am to a secret warehouse party in downtown LA with an entirety different vibe till sunrise the next day.

What is a negative out here - and maybe is in NYC - is a lot of the house party, warehouse party, scenes are sometimes run by people who logically are rightfully so are trying to advance their career - music, art, whatever - and as soon as their career pops and starts to advance, their events die out as they move from warehouses into large scale arenas, and then television or radio.

LALate has tried since establishment to bring all different vibes together under one house and has been very successful at doing so - yet there are so many other scenes, vibes, and grooves out there, than on average once a month which several dozen approx. presented to us to which we say - "wow, didnt know that even existed here".

That's the true beauty and wonder that is LA nightlife.

- LALate.com