Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Moving To LA from Boston

lbell25678

I'm moving to La from Boston in October, Any suggestions on the best way to do this?

Im looking for a house to rent that will take a big dog, I want a pool, I want to be south of LA....

What time are all the clubs open till? Here in Boston they close at 2 a.m.

Help....:tongue:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too just recently relocated within the year from Bean town. Try Bill Duggan Property mgmt. I got a great place in Calabasas for a great rate. It's not S of LA, but nice region that allows a LARGE dog. Plus lots of room to let the little bastard run around:).... I can come up with the # for you here with in the next couple of days. As far as the clubs go, depends on what your looking for, I hit Santa Monica alot, due to the population of European peoples and the sound as well. (Tech House, Baby!!!). Hope you enjoy your move.

so in your experience how does LA compare to Boston? The people the same?

I would love the number to that realtors... Oh and how did you get all your stuff across the country? How expensive was it?

Its great to see someone who is from Boston that moved to LA area!!!

i'm from nyc and i love the l.a. nightlife; i like it a lot more than the new york scene. people are SO much friendlier, and that makes all the difference. also, we've been getting a lot of good djs as of late. peeps i know in new york have been complaining about what's happened to the new york scene, and, if new yorkers'll admit that something about their city isn't the best in the world, ya know something's gotta be bad :funny: !!! but i never partied in boston, so i can't speak to that.

i love spundae and recommend you go there, big time. it's my favorite club, anywhere, even though i haven't been there in a while. it's my contention that it's impossible to have a bad time there :D .

www.spundae.com

Originally posted by lbell25678

IN Boston clubs are only open till 2am ... are they open later in LA? Boy I hope so.....

spundae and red (the 2 i frequent on a regular basis) are open till 4, and avalon saturdays are generally open till 5 or so.

Hey Ibell, here's the number 818.882.5144... ask for Bill, he'll be able to throw some info at your directly over the internet. As for the cost... the company that I work for paid for the move so I didn't have to shed a dime. As for the clubs, hey, I am a New Englander, so I am sort of partial to the clubs back home. But, I do like the venues here. They have recently opened an Avalon here as well... nice, very nice. But it depends on what kind of choons you're looking for. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Poccnr

I cant wait to get to LA now... Warm weather all the time... fun fun fun beach beach beach... Is there a message board for LA ? I mean a different one besides clubplanet? Some big cities have there own forums and web sites.. I wasnt sure if LA had a cool one...

Originally posted by lbell25678

I cant wait to get to LA now... Warm weather all the time... fun fun fun beach beach beach... Is there a message board for LA ? I mean a different one besides clubplanet? Some big cities have there own forums and web sites.. I wasnt sure if LA had a cool one...

there are some, but ours, though small, is the only one without snobs and/or drama :laugh: .