What did you think about ULTRA?????

What did you think about Ultra  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think about Ultra

• Rocked
    • Good
    • Shit
    • Aweful

Had a great time as usual. But I think musically last years was better. My first gripe was with the music schedules. All the DJ's that I wanted to see where playing at the same time. Chemical, Miss Kittin etc etc were in the same time. So if I really wanted to see chemical I had to miss all the other acts, which I did. And for the whole day the stages did not have as many people as I wanted to see. In any case I am going to see Chemical tonight at mansion and miss kittin !!!! cant wait !!!!

Second I really like Electro music but sometimes during the day the stage went off on a tangent and the music just wasnt the right style. Although the you can expect that from electro (very broad) but still not my style.

And my third gripe was with Chemical Brother. WTF where they thinking by cutting them to put PVD. If PVD was considered more important than Chemical since they where running late on the schedules, thats shit. I went to see 2 hours of Chemical to have them being cut like that.

I still had a great time but I think they could have done much more with the music. Agree???????

Felipe

same here. I liked last years better, but I think the music in this one was wicked man. The scheduling sucked. ON the paper it said Tiesto at 6:30 and I think Sasha was going to play at the same time. I had a hard time deciding what the hell i was going to do lol. I had a great time though.

Overall I think this year's ultra was pretty good. Good atmosphere, great people, spectacular performances, and good music.

HOWEVER: (gripes)

The house tent was a cool idea... but it would have been better off as an open stage. The tent was way too crowded and was too freaking warm to even think about dancing while in there. Although, I managed to catch James Holden in there like I wanted to (He kicked ass as usual). I wanted to catch some of the other greats like Oscar G while there too, but it was impossible to get in the tent.

Basswalk Records stage -- WTF?! where was it?! I was hoping to catch Johan Gielen and Marco V... but no stage! :mad:

</gripes>

Anyhow, I was able to catch most of the shows that I wanted to see. I was able to catch Tiesto, PVD, James Holden, Way Out West, Chemical Brothers, and Ferry Corsten. :cool:

Originally posted by mazer345

it fucking sucked the dnb stage for the 4th year in a row got shit ass sound and a shit ass stage!!!! Even with the sound cutting out 3 times we still rocked that shit!!!

dude the dnb stage was fuking banging man. It was crazy there. Although the stage it got was messed up:eek:

Ultra was awsome. The vibe was great. Ferry Corsten was amazing! He was def my favorite part of the night. Ritchie Hawtin only got to spin for a half hour because rabbit in the moon went over time. Paul Oakenfold was good too.

I dunno guys......this shit was fucking awesome..I just talked to people mostly..........I talked a buncha israeli kids for half an hour.....i got some beers from like these two chilean dudes who smoked us up......a ton of raver kids with really cheap rolls........lotsa russian kids who I dragged around (represent yo, and takin care of the FOBS from my community)...the only people that pissed me off were the british blokes from my hotel (dupont plaza) who acted like they were the shit, and were very close to getting punched in the face..........The vibe was great, the people were great..if you had the personality at this thing, you coulda made tons of friends and business contacts.....

Originally posted by markm81

hey fourforone are you saying people that live down here are the only ones who should have an opinion? everyone paid to be there and everyone brings something different to the event. respect all.

I am saying you are on a great vacation, go have fun, dont sit infront of a computer like you can anywhere else in the world

Originally posted by bawls

HOWEVER: (gripes)

The house tent was a cool idea... but it would have been better off as an open stage. The tent was way too crowded and was too freaking warm to even think about dancing while in there. Although, I managed to catch James Holden in there like I wanted to (He kicked ass as usual). I wanted to catch some of the other greats like Oscar G while there too, but it was impossible to get in the tent.

Basswalk Records stage -- WTF?! where was it?! I was hoping to catch Johan Gielen and Marco V... but no stage! :mad:

</gripes>

It's good to have a tent in case it rains, which often happens in Miami and did happen last year. Luckily the weather kicked ass this year.

The Basswalk Records stage got moved to near the entrance and the Progressive Arena (which wasn't opened until 6 pm). Very confusing about both.

Johan played from 4:15 pm til some time after 5 pm. I didn't see Marco V, but I guess he played there as well.

Originally posted by dracme

And my third gripe was with Chemical Brother. WTF where they thinking by cutting them to put PVD. If PVD was considered more important than Chemical since they where running late on the schedules, thats shit. I went to see 2 hours of Chemical to have them being cut like that.

It did suck a little that on all the stages, the DJ's started later than scheduled, and sometimes out of order, but PVD started at 11:30 pm as scheduled.

He has always been the closer, and I guess the organizers make sure to treat him well.

they were more organized last year which does not say a whole lot. but the weather was great and as far as the music went, with the exception of underworld and hybrid, they brought in better talent this year. for me, it was all worth it seeing WOW, infusion, kevens and getting to hang with my friends who i don't get to see that often. the downside of it is that i missed junkieXL...AGAIN :(

Keevans Who? I mean would you ever see this performance outside of FL? Doubt it,

T confucius looks like he has been in the GYM for 2 years, Damn how jacked is he with those Big arms in your Picture!!!

, I missed RITM, was it the same show that they have been doing from previous years?

ok, were we listening to the same chemical brothers?!

i thought they completely sucked ballz and i was so disappointed. they were def within my top 5 DJs i wanted to see and that was a complete waste of time.

i don't know where you guys were standing, but i was behind the white tent smack in the middle of the crowd and there was not a single person dancing around me.

i think everyone in my vicinity all fell asleep in synch.

:confused:

well i think this year was "alright"...Junkie XL put in one HELL of a show...the best IMO...Tiesto did his usual Ultra performance...Edgar V did a great job...Kleinenberg dissappointed a bit...Pete Tong, was Pete Tong:rolleyes: ...Marco V ripped shit up:eek: ...Sasha and Digweed were very very good...Zabiela did a "weird" set...RITM SUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKEEEEEDDDD.....damn were they horrible....i missed: James Holden, Steve Porter and Chris Fortier....i guess we have next year...and yes, the line-up def. sucked...all the great acts were playing at the same time....oh, and WTF was all this Political BS being spewed out of the mouth of some MORON on the Soundstage??? bro i dont wanna hear ur political views...introduce the next act and STFU!!!!

I definetily agree that the Chemical Brother would have ROCKED, I MEAN ROCKED THAT SHIT if they had done a live show instead of that skimpy DJ SET. Does anybody know why the fuck did the CHEMICAL BROTHERS NOT DO A LIVE SHOW in their first ultra appereance????