Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl Cox @ Avalon

:eek: :eek: The man threw down one of the best sets I have ever heard in my life. Pure madness from the begining. Opening up was Christian Smith who I still feel is the most underrated DJ. That man had the place going nuts when I got there around 11:30. Christian has not once let me down with any of his sets. Cox got on the wheels at 1:30am and proceeded to assault every individual in the building till a little past 5am. Best mix of the night had to have been Moroccan Chant mixed with Murder was the Bass. Place was filled with energy all night. Downside, the crowd was absolutely disgusting. I tried to zone out the crowd and enjoy the amazing set Carl brought, but it was hard to not notice the "Black" rejects and all the "tourist" crowd who were rude and took up much needed dancing space. If another person asked me who was DJin I was going to scream. Nice surprise seeing everyone. Serg good times with the Txt msgs and the overview of your antics on the main floor.

Let me also add, in my opinion this was a lot better then his set down in SoBe at Crobar.

I just got into work at the part time gig. HMMMMMM dont know what to say. Cox only played for a few hrs and i think chjristian smith stole the show. Also in my opinion of course i think it was a terrible crowd. With the exception of a few people of course. MUSIC was loud music was fast i cant imagine hearing anytign faster than that anymore.Carl was looping my friend RICK CORBOs track "FILTERS N DRUMZ" for a few which was a shocking suprise.I was dancing my ass off cause carl was playing good. Im a househead deep deep inside deep deep down inside. Cox is about as much as i can handle and i cant imagine hearing it on a constant basis. But he did throw down and techno heads im sure were very happy. But like i said thats my opinion.

It was cool meeting and seeing some new faces adn the great old faces.Way to pack they should stop letting people in sometimes. I was there from 1030 till closing and my ears are ringing like a mofo. Now its gonna be along day cause i dont start till 930 adn dont leave until 430. And afterwards its time fro wrestlemania, hopefully i wont pass out hehe. I guess i missed you maria didnt see ya. I was gonna go out after wrestling to hear some msuci btu fuck it i will save my strength for tomorrow night at sapphire TODD TERRY. All in all musically i think it was a 8 1/2 i cant give anymore than that cause im not a techno head.

Carl Cox and Christian Smith were amazing! Christian Smith's set was very similar to Misstress Barbara's sets. I had such a good time! It was so packed in there, but I definitely expected that.

The crowd kinda sucked though. These drunk bitches don't know how to keep their hands to themselves and think they can shove everyone out of the way. I almost got into a brawl w/ one of them.

BTW silverbull it was nice meeting you. ;)

yes, crowd was horrible.

Definitly here waht you are saying with the "Black" crowd. I was gonna say more like SF, but still the same.

he definitly rocked the house. Was a great time hearing such good music all night. Smith definitly had it goin in the beginning.

just hope next time i see him he will be in a different venue. Avalon either needs to stop letting ppl in at a certain point or expand, haha, you know that wont happen though.

-billy

yes it was VERYYYY PACKED!!! BUT.....that was BY FAR the BEST SET I've EVER heard at Avalon!

in my opinion, Cox's set was EVEN BETTER than Misstress Barbara's....

@ around 3:30 his set got EVEN MORE AMAZING...he pounded us with such HARD beats I was in HEAVEN!

Finally towards the end of the night, a few of us opened up a small area where we were able to do more than the "techno-fist-pump"

too many guidos!!!! I think its because Sound Factory is closed, and all the Guidos found their new "spot".....

Well anyway.....I still had a GREEEEAAATTT time..it was awesome seeing new and old faces from various message boards :)

Silverbull...YOU ROCK!

oooh.....and CHRISTIAN SMITH WAS AMAZINGGG TOO!!!! I was blown away by his set!

I saw a lot of different people where we were dancing, including what could be classified as typical jp/sf followers. In any case, I don't understand how people go out every weekend and still can't maneuver through a crowd. Respect goes a long way.

its like theyre socially retarded..no excuse me's..no thank you's...

oh and the 6'5 bitch ....U FUCKIN CANT DANCE...UR A HUNCHBACK GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME....WHY R U HERE? GO AWAY...

anyway....cox was too dark and hard....i was expecting the usual funk he throws on.......surprising me with the white stripes track was dope....and Sunshine and Just Wont Do r always my favs...besides that there was one latin track he laid down which was dope.....the rest was just tooo hard...

honestly..i think Cox wasnt into it...he wasnt his usual self...but then again why would he be? he looks to the crowd and theres like pockets of people dancing...the other 80% of the club is standin there or rubbing forehead on forehead or shaking the shit out of each other....UR 45!! STOP FUCKIN ROLLING!! DRUGS ARE NOT GOOD FOR U AT UR ADVANCED AGE!!

oh and for fucks sake..CAN WE GET TOGETHER AND JUST BUY A CP MICROPHONE..AND LET A CLUB BORROW IT EVERY TIME COX SPINS SOMEWHERE!?!?!? PLEASE?!????????!?!?

Originally posted by ckord

The crowd kinda sucked though. These drunk bitches don't know how to keep their hands to themselves and think they can shove everyone out of the way. I almost got into a brawl w/ one of

i dont think ive ever had to get as rude as i did last night..people were fallin over me....i had to shove the shit out of one kid who kept slammin into my friends gf....wtf yo...

but i did meet silverbull!! HOLLA!!

Originally posted by barvybe

You forget - last night Black opened (and wasn't shut down lol until well after avalon closes) so it wasn't the JP / SF factor i don't think...

line was around the block at Exit, so you got those "Black People"

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

yes it was VERYYYY PACKED!!! BUT.....that was BY FAR the BEST SET I've EVER heard at Avalon!

in my opinion, Cox's set was EVEN BETTER than Misstress Barbara's....

@ around 3:30 his set got EVEN MORE AMAZING...he pounded us with such HARD beats I was in HEAVEN!

Finally towards the end of the night, a few of us opened up a small area where we were able to do more than the "techno-fist-pump"

too many guidos!!!! I think its because Sound Factory is closed, and all the Guidos found their new "spot".....

Well anyway.....I still had a GREEEEAAATTT time..it was awesome seeing new and old faces from various message boards :)

Silverbull...YOU ROCK!

oooh.....and CHRISTIAN SMITH WAS AMAZINGGG TOO!!!! I was blown away by his set!

Shit....where were the guidos? I only saw fucked up asians rolling face, 18 yr old raver types and big fat sweaty mooses who thought they had good bodies and took their shirts off. It was appauling. I've never seen so many ugly people in one place in my life. Carl was good but i expected more. Probably left before he really ripped it b/c i just couldn't take the crowd.

i agree..there were some seriously ugly people there....but i refuse to believe u didnt c the clueless guidos runnin around like they own the place.....i love when u shove these motherfuckers and they turn into pussies right before ur eyes..all their juiced exterior is to hide that soft fuckin crabmeat interior...

had an ok time at best... went by myself bc all my friends are in jamaica right now.. but aside from that the music was only mediocre.. i got there at around 1230 and the line was around the block past the little outisde area but the line moved relatively quickly (10 minutes) so i really can't complain about that

my only 4 complaints

1) the copious amount of dust being smoked...

2) no room to dance

3) some drunk kid hurling outside in the patio so bad that he almost slipped and busted his ass on his vomit... actually that was funny so i really cant complain.. lol

4) why the fuck do people take their shirts off and/or wear sunglasses in a NIGHTclub??? It's a nightclub people not the beach...

oh btw cuban2 thanks for the gstlist

to the people who complained about people standing around... what do you expect people to do when everyone is jammed in there like sardines... if people just started dancing not caring about who they bumped in to fights woudl start..

and did anyone see the girl with the white wifebeater without a bra on??? :eek: :eek: :eek::laugh:

Carl threw down an amazing set...prob the best I've heard...

the reason why no one said "excuse me" or "sorry" was prob b/c no one there could speak fuckin English...what was up with that? Seriously, felt like I was in hell, hot, crowded, gross..but I must say that I danced all night and had a great time, unlike these idiots that just stood around with dumb looks on there faces...IT'S CARL COX, DANCE BITCH!!!!

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

its like theyre socially retarded..no excuse me's..no thank you's...

oh and the 6'5 bitch ....U FUCKIN CANT DANCE...UR A HUNCHBACK GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME....WHY R U HERE? GO AWAY...

anyway....cox was too dark and hard....i was expecting the usual funk he throws on.......surprising me with the white stripes track was dope....and Sunshine and Just Wont Do r always my favs...besides that there was one latin track he laid down which was dope.....the rest was just tooo hard...

honestly..i think Cox wasnt into it...he wasnt his usual self...but then again why would he be? he looks to the crowd and theres like pockets of people dancing...the other 80% of the club is standin there or rubbing forehead on forehead or shaking the shit out of each other....UR 45!! STOP FUCKIN ROLLING!! DRUGS ARE NOT GOOD FOR U AT UR ADVANCED AGE!!

oh and for fucks sake..CAN WE GET TOGETHER AND JUST BUY A CP MICROPHONE..AND LET A CLUB BORROW IT EVERY TIME COX SPINS SOMEWHERE!?!?!? PLEASE?!????????!?!?

yo i totally agree bro...i thought he was good but def a lot better at centro...crowd was miserable and if one more bitch banged into me i thiught i was going to smack someone....anyway i think im getting to old for this shit anyway....there was some energy there but back at centro there was such a huge buzz in the crowd before he came on you just knew he would be on his A game...plus it was like only $15 for tickets as well...

It was like United Nations in there.

So many ppl that didnt speak english.

STG, everywhere.:mad:

Smoke, i thought there was some kinda law against that.

DRUGS, OMG THE FREKIN DRUGS. ppl really need to stop doin that shit buy i know that it will never happen.

If you are goin to that shit, dont smoke it. I dont need to be exposed to your fucking shit, while you get completely trashed and dumber as the night goes on.:mad: :mad:

-billy

Originally posted by msoprano13

yo i totally agree bro...i thought he was good but def a lot better at centro...crowd was miserable and if one more bitch banged into me i thiught i was going to smack someone....anyway i think im getting to old for this shit anyway....there was some energy there but back at centro there was such a huge buzz in the crowd before he came on you just knew he would be on his A game...plus it was like only $15 for tickets as well...

as i told solbeam last nite.........after the vinyl closing parties im retired..i cant deal with this shit no more...i might come out for a Cox night...or a Sinclar..or someone i really wana hear..but to subject myself to the type of torture last night was crowd-wise..no thanx...

do u know how much self control it takes for me not to punch someone in the back of the neck?