Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the TRUTH about the STATE OF NYC NIGHTLIFE... read on..

in a way i can also see jonathan peters as being somewhat responsible for this mess we are in today. he has to know that every saaturday nite at sf was a drug haven, and that all his fans who he supposedly 'loves adn cares about so much' are 'dropping like flies' from excess drug abuse. wheter you move these people to exit or to south beach, its clearly not the venue, but wherever you put jonathan peters, there will be rampant drug use. it is HIS fans who are dying, it is HIS fans who are the ones who cannot control their drug use, and it is HIS fans who are ruining the nyc nightclub industry.

If JP loves adn cares about us all so much, as he often says when he does come on the mic - then why doesnt he tell his fans to stop destroying themselves? stop killing yourself? stop overdosing? stop doing so much drugs that you pass out into convulsins on a dirty floor? He obvioulsy doenst care, and thats a sad state of affairs. when the man who is i dare to say at least somewhat responsible for these kids - doesnt give a f*ck whtere or not they drop dead, so long as they pay their 50$ to get in. although it would be ironic if he 'killed' off all his fans, so there would be no one left to pay to hear him!

all im asking is that everyone who reads this, stops for a minute. and just really think about what it is thats ruining nyc nightlife. because we really dont have very many 'mega' clubs left to go to... and it would be very sad to see it all end like this, because a few hundred people who have no control over their own lives... please look into getting some help, or at least research proper drug use so you dont end up the next overdose victim in a court indictment.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People change, and nothing ever stays the same. In another 4 or 5 years some kid is going to make a post saying how they think the nightlife is dead, because its not the same as it used to be. For them it may as well be dead because its not the same for them as it used to be.

For all of us its dead, because it changed without us. As we see it, it changed for the worse. As the new comers to "the scence" see it, it just is... and once they get into it, it will start changing for them to, and like I said in a few years they'll make the same exact post.

"lather, rinse, repeat"

Originally posted by lustforyou

in a way i can also see jonathan peters as being somewhat responsible for this mess we are in today. he has to know that every saaturday nite at sf was a drug haven, and that all his fans who he supposedly 'loves adn cares about so much' are 'dropping like flies' from excess drug abuse. wheter you move these people to exit or to south beach, its clearly not the venue, but wherever you put jonathan peters, there will be rampant drug use. it is HIS fans who are dying, it is HIS fans who are the ones who cannot control their drug use, and it is HIS fans who are ruining the nyc nightclub industry.

If JP loves adn cares about us all so much, as he often says when he does come on the mic - then why doesnt he tell his fans to stop destroying themselves? stop killing yourself? stop overdosing? stop doing so much drugs that you pass out into convulsins on a dirty floor? He obvioulsy doenst care, and thats a sad state of affairs. when the man who is i dare to say at least somewhat responsible for these kids - doesnt give a f*ck whtere or not they drop dead, so long as they pay their 50$ to get in. although it would be ironic if he 'killed' off all his fans, so there would be no one left to pay to hear him!

all im asking is that everyone who reads this, stops for a minute. and just really think about what it is thats ruining nyc nightlife. because we really dont have very many 'mega' clubs left to go to... and it would be very sad to see it all end like this, because a few hundred people who have no control over their own lives... please look into getting some help, or at least research proper drug use so you dont end up the next overdose victim in a court indictment.

your blaming a dee jay for the the nyc drug problem is jonny peters your DADDY??? did he not teach you to say NO

i agree the whole scene has changed i was at sf every sat (97-00)the crowd is full of crackheads the music ainy music anymore jp plays noyhing to dance to so thats why these kids keep killing themselves u need drugs to deal with those hideous beats jp plays he should try going back to the days of high energy and play some damn good house songs like everyone wants to hear at this rate he will kill all the "fans" he claims to love so much wake up jp berfore its to late

sdiesel1313 - your a fucking genius!

im glad someone on here realizes what Im talking about. Im not BLAMING JP OR his MUSIC for drug use... but if he played the type of DANCE MUSIC that he used to back in 97-00 people would be DANCING and not SITTING (doing drugs)! No one can DANCE to what JP has become infamous for... 30 minute songs and filler BEATS! THATS why his crowd slowly started to do more adn more drugs.. there was nothing else to do..

PLAY THE MUSIC THAT KEEPS EVERYONE ON THE DANCE FLOOR!!!

I'm over here from the UK doing my Grad degree. This is by no means my first experience with the recent NY scene though. I was lucky enough to catch Twilo before the end a few years back and novice enough at the time to go to Exit too. Although i completely agree with the original post, people will always continue to get fucked up and there will always be those who take it to the limit. I can raise my hand at being guilty of that at a few festivals myself.

Coming from a huge E culture though it's odd to experience the social atmosphere in NY clubs. There are cool people around, but it's far easier to walk into some naked, sweat-covered guy (what the fuck is that about America?)

Anyway, thing's always change and there's usually some good points that come from it. I haven't done any drugs since i've been here and i surprised myself at what a good time i've been having.

Just stop taking your shirts off eh?

I also agree with many of the points that were made. I'm 28, and started going out (Limelight, Twilo, Tunnel!) in 93. It is very true, things definitely do come in cycles. Ravers that basically went to Limelight and Tunnel got them shut down. Hate to tell some of you.. K was big then. E was big then. I actually had a Disco 2000 anniversary flyer claiming it was "the worlds largest K hole" from 94'! Point being that some regulation shakes out the bullshit, gets things back on track, to some extent. I remember posts on NE-Raves talking about how people "are killing the scene" back then too. I still go out occasionally, and have a great time blowing people off the dance floor. Without drugs. My fear is that the cycle ends (a la disco).

If you do drugs, DO IT AT HOME. Why is that SO HARD? The owners can definitely make it harder to sell in their clubs. You would have to be a sucker to think that they dont turn a blind eye (especially when they are making money too).

As for the JP crackheads-- Anyone know where "superstar" DJ Keoki is now? HA! He was the original crackhead DJ, for those that don't know...

-N

I am not the biggest NYC nightlife guy because of my age but all of my friends are over 21 and do the NYC nightlife. When SF has their parties and JP marathons, my friends load up, on whatever they are going to consume that night and go down and mostly because of JP. It sounds rediculous to me.

When I was younger and would see friends and friends of friends get all dressed to head down to the city I would sit there and wish I was going out with them. Because it seemed to be such a rush and a beautiful thing to head down to the city and dance and party late. Now I'm just like whatever, I rather stay home and hang out with friends home then get dressed up to go to some club where everyone else is not dressed and not there to dance and party like decent human beings. I wish I was part of the late 90's SF crew. I agree 100% with the post and I'm sorry if everyone thinks I'm replying to a post that I have no first hand experience on! These people still ruin it for the guys and girls that want to experience the real NYC nightlife.

i have to admitt i was a big jp fan and i would attend some of the parties there but within at least the last year it was really out of control and I don't think it has to do with jp. Remember this kind of sh*t didn't happen before so in all reality it is the crowd of young people who don't have control over the amount of drugs they do.