Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*Richard Grant*~~~>

I think it's a shame it has to come to this... he will lose his business... the only thing that will save him is a good attorney.. and I'm sure he has one. but his life will be ruined even if he doesn't do any time. What scares me is the precident that will be set by his trial.

hmmm Eliot Spitster the one prosecuting? cuz, uhm, we could spark some shit up.....i for one am annoyed at the bullshit.

even if i've been busy wif my own shit.....i can't stand when they injustly target people i like that way.

Gay older man who was getting ready to call it quits soon, anyway.....he doesn't need to be behind bars for 20 years....that is totally rediculous...and if that is the case....i will be embarrassed to say I am an American.

Originally posted by muzikchick

I'll tell Tiki bar bouncer Jay to keep your ass outside.

Get out of my thread unless it's worth something....

my post was a joke... :D

and as for SF and Grant...he deserves what he gets...he provided a safe haven for drug use and he knew about it...dont get pissed about it...

I say blame JP not richard... it's all his fault anyway.. lock up JP and it will benefit the nighclub industry in new york greatly..

not to mention give thousands of drugged up kids a reason to stay OUT of clubs and prevent them ruining mor eof them.

Originally posted by starlanyc

I say blame JP not richard... it's all his fault anyway.. lock up JP and it will benefit the nighclub industry in new york greatly..

not to mention give thousands of drugged up kids a reason to stay OUT of clubs and prevent them ruining mor eof them.

blame JP...are u nutz...grant is the one who owns the building...he owned and operated a building for the use of selling drugs...he allowed ppl to freely use and sell...he also denied medical attention to those who needed it....why would u blame JP??? he is a dj...if anything he should be arrested for possession of drugs... that is all...he isnt the owner of the establishment...

blame JP...are u nutz?

i would refer you to this post:

well for starters... dont you think he's partly responsible for the deaths of the kids that die from OD's at his parties? not to mention responsible for corrupting a whole generation of kids who now glorify drugs more then music and simultaniously ruin the scene and the nyc nightlife for the rest of us?

if you say, how is HE responsible for other people abusing drugs? well look at it this way... when JP was playing great music every nite, high energy stuff back in 98-99... everyone was doing X and feeling great, and the dancefloor was always packed, in fact I don't ever remember sitting down...

and then as he started getting more into K, it was reflected in his music - he started playing fuct up beats. doesnt anyone remember the my love is your love days when he would take apart the song and then put it back together? sure it sounded cool but you cant dance to that sh*t - but its good to sit and do bumps to...

then as JP got more heavily into drugs so did his crowd, he started playing marathon sets that would go for longer then 24 hours... this prompted kids to do more drugs to keep them up longer so they can last through his whole set.. even on the Mtv true life.. that kid said it best "its just not the same if you leave early"

JP created this drug scene, and as I see it he is completely responsible for creating a party where drugs take precedence over the music, and people come more to get fuct up then to dance and have a good time.

It is so obvious that the music is secondary when it comes to jonathan peters... otherwise he would be playing better music then 'going thru it' for 2 hours and 'i just died in your arms tonite' one more time. i swear, the last time i heard Jp was at halloween 2003 at sf.. and he played the same songs then that he played in august 2003, which are the same songs he's playing now at black... a dj should be more concerned with his song selection instead of where his next bag of crystal meth is comming from.... he is the one who has glorified the drugs at his parties... he is the one who has turned all these kids into OD'ing slobs... so why should the building or the club owner be held responsible??

and then I would also mention that Richard can easily say that he was doing all he could to prevent drugs from being brought into the club, and to further back up his case, he could blame this all on JP and even say... look at all his other parties, wherever he goes, the same problems happen. its not the club, it himand the crowd that he draws... same thing happened at shelbourne in miami, was that shelbournes fault? same thing happened at black... its all jonathan.. i think richard show play up that angle and blame JP for this whole mess he's in.

starlanyc...i didnt feel like recopying ur post...

lets look at facts...SF security dont check for shit...i can walk into that club with a bazooka and no one would say shit...i have and i know many ppl who have walked into SF with so much drugs and we didnt get searched...right there that is grants fault for not hiring security guards who actually know what they are doing...his security team is in the idictment for selling drugs to the undercover dt's...in the indictment and ppl who frequent SF know grant stays in the dj booth and knows and watches JP do drugs....everyone knows they can go to SF and do drugs openly and no one would do anything about it...JP is an employee of SF so what he does is his own business...

it dont matter what club u go to or who is spinning...ppl are always doing drugs...JP doesnt make ppl do drugs...ppl will do them no matter what...of course going to SF was a gr8 place to do it...i know i was part of that crowd...but there comes a time to grow up and realize that its a bad situation...i am mad also that SF is gonna suffer like this but that is what happens when u allow that shit to happen and u dont control it...

Jp is a dj whats he does in his booth is his business. If u wanan go listen to him and do drug then that is your business. He cannont be blamed for other people's actions. The people to blame are the one who let themselves become involved in drugs and waht about those parents.

why is this topic even a disccusion?? What will happen will happen, everyone in this thread makes valid points.

Richard Grant for 1 is very wealthy, if he was making over $6million a year just on cover charges i am sure he has a little something put away. If he doesn't go to jail do you think he will not open a new night club???

As for JP, I am not particularly a fan, and yes his followers are notrious for using drugs, but I do not see how that is his fault. A club hires JP, granted now he is co-owner of black, but in previous years, he was an employee being sub-contracted basically, so its the clubs responsibility. Its always about money, Richard Grant knew it, and anyone else who books Johnathan peters knows it too.....

Honestly, I might get reemed for this, I mean ripped apart, but I do not blame Mike Bloomberg for cracking down, just last week 4 OD's in balck, and deaths, people are ruining there lives, and for sure, club owners just want to get paid. he is honestly doing the right thing, had owners run a clen and legit show, this would not be happening...

Blaming JP would not hold up in court, because of all the legalalitites, however, just from a moral view of the whole situation, I can see how it is more Jonathan's fault then Richard's.

Richard Grant is such a nice old man. Although he may have allowed drug use and sale within the club, he was always the reason SF had that "Family" vibe. He was the one who supplied all the "love" for the club... if I can refer back to one of the old flyer/posters with a pic of a waterfountain and it said "Not Money Driven, Party Driven" Richard always made SF a family atmosphere where everyone would talk to each other, make friends, and being there every saturday you did end up knowing everyone.

Jonathan, although outwardly portraying that he 'loved' and cared about all his fans, he really is just an asshole.

lol.. what the fuck are you talking about? He supplied the love? It was a business. He charged in excess of $40 at the door most nights. People died in the club, and he denied them medical attention in some situations. Its not like he came down out of the booth and started handing out free waters to everyone. Either you're Richards best friend or you're extremely naive.

STARLANYC,

and then as he started getting more into K, it was reflected in his music - he started playing fuct up beats. doesnt anyone remember the my love is your love days when he would take apart the song and then put it back together? sure it sounded cool but you cant dance to that sh*t - but its good to sit and do bumps to...

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU KNOW THAT THAT WAS A GOOD SONG TO SIT DOWN N DO BUMPS TO????? LOL AND THEN YOUR GONNA SIT ON THIS BOARD N PUT POEPLE DOWN FOR DRUG USE INCLUDING THE DJ!!! YOU ARE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT ALL TOO SO DONT BE A HYPOCRITE...

Im not here to argue with you, Im merely representing a different perspective.

I think I remember something about cult leaders can be held responsible for the actions/deaths of their follwers...

so tupac biggie and jay z r responsible for every gang member .....junior is responsible for all young homosexual men with tina problems....lol what a fuckin idiot how can you blame richard or jonathan ....thats like saying the grateful dead pink floyd and led zeppelin and the beatles are responsposible for all the drug addicts of the 60"s because they were pro LSD?? and held acid tests???? ...how about the people oding take responsibility for there own fuckin actions

Guest djdrip2002

about the sniffing dog.... when they reopened i NEVER seen any dogs at all and i been there many times after they reoponed around feb last yr