How Do You Feel About Party 93.1?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Party 93.1?

• 5-I am Loving it!!!
    • 4-Is good
    • 3-I hear it sometimes when I don't have my CDs
    • 2-1 out of 7 songs are worth listening
    • 1-They SUCK!!!

well the station plays exactly what it says it does. Dance Music.

In my opinion Dance and Trance/House/Breaks/Techno so on and so forth are in a completely different category. Dance music to me and to a lot of people that i've spoken to is top 40 stuff. Stuff that will be found on the radio, not at clubs. So yeah, i agree the station sucks, but it does what it's programmed to do.

Originally posted by shaaak8

im from jersey, but i go to school in Boca and i think party 931 is a great station that plays great house music, when they r at a part in mimiami or fortlauderdale the station is really sick. that is my opnion

You've got to be kidding . . . 93.1 blows. Get yourself an XM Radio.

if another station gets created that plays electronic music...with diff. musical formats on diff. days...and diff. shows..with quality techno/house/trance/breaks/jungle/d&b it will BLOW 93.1 out of the water...i think they should make another dance station to compete with 93.1...there are tons of local djs that can have shows...imagine the oscar g white label show or since he just moved down here the Danny Tenaglia show...:eek:

while not being a fan of 93.1 daily programming. I do respect what they have accomplished in the market. they are a commercial dance music station, and have excelled in their market. in particular I do enjoy several of their programs including Nocturnal Sessions with Edgar V, Late Night Laboratory with George Alvarado, Global DJ Broadcast with Markus Schulz, Paul Oakenfold Presents, and their live broadcast which have included Oscar G, Roland, Markus Schulz, DJ Icey,etc. they also deserve props IMO for wining Best Radio Station at Dancestar. the bottom line is they are not programming for the CP minority, they are programming for the majority. to which they have been quite successful. I wish them continued success, and hope at some point they enhance their daily programming. ;)

Actually I think this is a decent thread since Buster is on here quite a bit . . .

I am not a fan of the daily 93.1 schedule - the night time live gigs are much better . . .

Buster - are you the program director??? I bet a majority of your listeners would like you to change the format a bit. I understand that you have to have "commercial" stuff during the day but I bet a majority of your listeners are getting sick of the same songs over and over and over . . . .

Originally posted by sobe2003

Actually I think this is a decent thread since Buster is on here quite a bit . . .

I am not a fan of the daily 93.1 schedule - the night time live gigs are much better . . .

Buster - are you the program director??? I bet a majority of your listeners would like you to change the format a bit. I understand that you have to have "commercial" stuff during the day but I bet a majority of your listeners are getting sick of the same songs over and over and over . . . .

i agree ... i dont mind them playing the cheese and not REAL electronic music during the day ... thats what keeps our music more underground ... BUT DAMN !! please play different cheese

I think they are good on weekend nights with Nocturnal Sessions and Global DJ Broadcast. I'd like to hear more stuff like that, but I understand that they need to play that awful cheesy shit during the day for mainstream folks they are looking to attract. I wouldn't mind hearing an MC either as long as they were competant. I don't really care for Pete Tong as a DJ, but he's an excellent MC. Something like that could spice things up... just not Buster. I respect Buster's intentions about bringing good press to dance music, but he is just tooooo yappy on the radio. We gotta keep one thing in perspective, this is the only pure dance channel in the mass media of this country, so it takes time to develop through trial and error. Would I prefer ID&T or Radio One over Party 93.1? Sure, but I have faith Party will continue to experiment and grow into something we ALL can enjoy

how many of us on this board could put 93.1 out of business music wise? how about that as a poll :idea:

:tongue:

i stopped listening to 93.1 in the first month that they started...but as morillo stated, there is something good about this and that is that they have won over a new audience and have given the people the chance to learn about the scene and its music ;)

I agree with most of you, I only listen to 93.1 during the night. During the day is so wack. Let me know if I am wrong but I say about 70% - 80% of electronic music has no vocals. Yet, almost, or should i say all, songs played in party 93.1 have vocals, some good, some wack.Ok they say they are Dance Music Channel but they get involved in a lot of Electronic Music Events and Clubs.

I mean, Can they just play good trance and techno and house like the Europeans stations do. there is enough music to play a different song every minute, every hour, every day, for a whole month. why do they have to play the same song 5 times every 5 hours.

Originally posted by quest4sunrise

I think they are good on weekend nights with Nocturnal Sessions and Global DJ Broadcast. I'd like to hear more stuff like that, but I understand that they need to play that awful cheesy shit during the day for mainstream folks they are looking to attract. I wouldn't mind hearing an MC either as long as they were competant. I don't really care for Pete Tong as a DJ, but he's an excellent MC. Something like that could spice things up... just not Buster. I respect Buster's intentions about bringing good press to dance music, but he is just tooooo yappy on the radio. We gotta keep one thing in perspective, this is the only pure dance channel in the mass media of this country, so it takes time to develop through trial and error. Would I prefer ID&T or Radio One over Party 93.1? Sure, but I have faith Party will continue to experiment and grow into something we ALL can enjoy

It would be great if 93.1 could simulcast Radio One's dance programing . . . any way this could happen Buster?

Originally posted by sobe2003

Buster is not the program director. Phil Michaels is the program director.

Even tho I don't listen to 93.1 during daytime hours, at least they have the mix shows late night and on weekends and some live broadcasts.

As for them playing songs over and over....every radio station does that with their playlist. It's corporate radio running the airwaves. Someone once told me that they run multipe studies on listening habits and so on. They have to play a track over a certain number of times before they consider it to be "played out". Just because you heard it 1000 times, someone out there still hasn't even heard of it yet.

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

techno/house/trance/breaks/jungle/d&b

I hope to eventually learn what all of these different musical denominations mean, that mrmatas2277 has mentioned. I'm sure that it's much easier to know what is trance or house or breaks or whatever if you're a DJ - but how do you tell the difference if you are just an average listener? :confused:

The difference between a typical House sound versus Trance, versus Breaks, versus D N B.

Let's see if I can explain it through the use of Florida based DJs/producers. Look for CDs/sets by the following for definitions:

House = Murk (Oscar G. + Ralph Falcon), Robbie Rivera, Jask, Q-Burns Abstract Message

Trance = George Acosta, Edgar V., Kimball Collins (well he's originally from florida), early Rabbit In The Moon stuff

Markus Schulz, Andy Hughes, Noel Sanger, DJ Three = Progressive House

DJ Icey, Merlyn, Jackal & Hyde, Baby Anne, Sharaz = Breakbeats

AK1200, Jeffee = D N B

Stryke = Techno

Originally posted by patois

I hope to eventually learn what all of these different musical denominations mean, that mrmatas2277 has mentioned. I'm sure that it's much easier to know what is trance or house or breaks or whatever if you're a DJ - but how do you tell the difference if you are just an average listener? :confused:

The more you are surrounded by EDM (Electronic Dance Music) the more you will be able to differentiate between styles. Once you have crossed that evolutional step you will then be knowledgeable enough to be able to differentiate between "basic" sounds and "Intelligent" sounds. Once you have crossed that evolutional step you will then be knowledgeable enough to know that you don't need vocals to appreciate a well layered track. The layered beats will then replace the craving that you once had for vocals and then and only then will you be considered a member of the SOTU (Sounds Of The Underground) crew.

At this stage you will have no need to tune into any radio station due to the mere fact that the sounds you crave can only be found in the same place that helped you evolve.......THE UNDERGROUND

he he

:D

Once you have crossed that evolutional step you will then be knowledgeable enough to know that you don't need vocals to appreciate a well layered track. The layered beats will then replace the craving that you once had for vocals and then and only then will you be considered a member of the SOTU (Sounds Of The Underground) crew.

he he

:D

I didn't express a preference for vocals/no vocals - I'm just trying to learn the differences between the different kinds of electronic music.