Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Regular Space goers?

miamimonk

When it comes to Space, I think a lot of people here are in the tinfoil hat brigade...they see conspiracies lurking behind every minor issue there. "Shit, they were slow at the bar last weekend..." "Oh my god the club is gonna close down!"

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

just to clear mines and erikamikaze's good name!!!!!!!!!! we laugh not really bcuz of hate...but we know that the question he asked can stir up all types of excitement in this board!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Damn I didn't mean to start anything.

I was just chuckling at the flyer Monk made of himself. It is cool that he comes out and introduces himself, since a lot of people hide behind screensnames for a while.

There are many places for good music. I just heard a great night of music at a restaraunt last night. :tongue:

Space is a a great club, but not my style,

But to each his own, and I will be at Sonar for Stryke on Sat.

Its all good.

Originally posted by chaflas

Not sure I agree with you there, Colby.

Space brings in good talent, but many other clubs bring "real DJ's."

Nerve, Privilege, Crobar, etc etc bring in tremendous talent also.

Space is a mega-club, but there is amazing talent in a lot of other places.

Even smaller venues such as Jazid are :aright:

But you work there, so I'll cut you some slack. ;)

:lol3: This response is definitely...

"my cup o' tea!!!"

"REAL" dj's do it for the love of music, not the hype and the money. Space may be a money-laundering (oops! I mean money-making) operation, but it's not about the music anymore.

:D:hat:

Phil, give me the name of one place that is about the music. I can't think of any. Every club, bar, and lounge I've ever been to exists to make money...being about the music is secondary at best.

I don't kid myself, I know first and foremost that the clubs I frequent are about making some money...even the little places, they want to see a dollar or two by the end of an evening. They'll book good DJs and so forth, but let's be honest, some of the world's best DJs in terms of skill and quality aren't that expensive. Some of my favorites can be had for a flight, food, and a place to stay. Hell, I travel for free under that pretense a lot...

Oh, and I didn't see you at Space this past weekend?

Well, Privilege seems to be doing a very good job with the talent that they are bringing in. The Marlin brings in great talent (especially when it's an Aquabooty event).

DHM on wednesdays at Jazid and Unrestricted on sundays are great! No hype, no BS. Just good choons!

Originally posted by philippio

Well, Privilege seems to be doing a very good job with the talent that they are bringing in. The Marlin brings in great talent (especially when it's an Aquabooty event).

DHM on wednesdays at Jazid and Unrestricted on sundays are great! No hype, no BS. Just good choons!

....and they give all the money they make to Charities , right ?!? :idea:

:blown:

And there's the smartest statement of the day, Mursa.

Marlin, it's a bloody hotel with a lounge. Sure the acts are good, but in the end, it costs money to keep the place up, and I'm sure the owner wants to be in the black at the end of the week. Same for Jazid. It probably wasn't opened up for the love of jazz. Jazz is a profitable medium down here, and just about everywhere, so the opportunity arose, and boom, the only jazz club on South Beach. "Every damn night"...and I'm sure they make bank.

Privilege? Yeah they've been bringing in the good acts, but at the same time, the club wasn't opened for just that reason.

It all comes down to money in the end.

You're just mentioning specific events too...the clubs themselves exist to make money, and so do the promoters. Most promoters are willing to tough it out a bit to turn a profit though. Ramon, even though he comes closest out of anyone on this board to being "all about the music", I'm sure he wouldn't object if his night started to turn a profit.

I'm being realistic here.

Originally posted by pod

And there's the smartest statement of the day, Mursa.

Marlin, it's a bloody hotel with a lounge. Sure the acts are good, but in the end, it costs money to keep the place up, and I'm sure the owner wants to be in the black at the end of the week. Same for Jazid. It probably wasn't opened up for the love of jazz. Jazz is a profitable medium down here, and just about everywhere, so the opportunity arose, and boom, the only jazz club on South Beach. "Every damn night"...and I'm sure they make bank.

Privilege? Yeah they've been bringing in the good acts, but at the same time, the club wasn't opened for just that reason.

It all comes down to money in the end.

You're just mentioning specific events too...the clubs themselves exist to make money, and so do the promoters. Most promoters are willing to tough it out a bit to turn a profit though. Ramon, even though he comes closest out of anyone on this board to being "all about the music", I'm sure he wouldn't object if his night started to turn a profit.

I'm being realistic here.

Thanks for the kind words dan :)

Originally posted by miamimonk

Who here is a regular @ space sat nights? One of the few places I have hit since I moved here and it was awsome.

WELCOME TO MIAMI CP:D

Where did you move here from:confused:

Oscar G and Roland are da bomb :) But.. I seem to only make it to Space about 6 times a year..... too much other stuff going on...

Anyway enjoy your stay and post away baby:eek: :eek:

you CAN enjoy house @ smaller venues, but for me, there is no other vibe quite like the one @ Space....call me an ass kisser, but I have been treated VERY well by the whole staff and owner, yes even Mr LP himself has been cordial to me....It also helps that 2 of my personal favs are resident DJ"s there...The haters can hate all they want on Space but for me personally, its my 2nd home on Sat. nights, I feel comfortable there and usually surrounded by fellow house heads helps. IN a nutshell, SPACE ROCKS!!!

:D

Ok guys, tell me one thing: and by no means am I kissing ass either, but where the hell can you go on a saturday night and come out on a sunday morning ( or afternoon in my case) after listening to some sick ass residents( Oscar G, Roland, and Cue) tear down the house that well on such a consistent basis time after time. And feel like you actually had your money's worth? The crowd is great, they actually go to dance and have a good time. Personally, I am addicted to the place, no matter how much I dance or how long I stay, I'm always looking foward to the next saturday on the patio. Sometimes I find myself running between the patio and the mainroom, because Both Oscar and Roly are playing nasty house tracks. Space has proven their longevity; and even the naysayers are forced to admit it. By the way,Monk welcome to CP. Colby,Biz and Eddy, good job promoting the place.