Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bringing back the club kids!!!

Sorry.. your whole way of thinking is fucking retarded. Normal people work normal jobs all week long, and then possibly go out for fun on the weekends. Its not an ideology.. its just something to do on the weekends. Dont take yourselves too seriously. Nothing lasts forever, and its sad seeing people over 35 in night clubs (which is probably your age if you were partying back then)

Loving the music and being a fan of the music is something different, and totally acceptable in my opinion. But trying to be the center of attention among a bunch of freaked out friends is just stupid and futureless. What exactly do you hope to accomplish?

Sorry.. your whole way of thinking is fucking retarded. Normal people work normal jobs all week long, and then possibly go out for fun on the weekends. Its not an ideology.. its just something to do on the weekends. Dont take yourselves too seriously. Nothing lasts forever, and its sad seeing people over 35 in night clubs

WHOA!!! I disagree with you 100%. To true partiers it's more than just working all week and going out just because it's "something to do on the weekends", it's a way of life, and if you stick around a while, you can accomplish A LOT.

well i personally go out 5 to 6 times a week to enjoy music and dance my ass off not just to DO SOEMTHING. Housemusic is a lifestyle i live it 24/7. From being at records store hering songs when im ntoe ven a dj keeping up to date with djs and music nad club news. From my BE YOURSELF attitude in life. Whcih i guess is why i am only working 2 days on weekends cause i dont wanna conform to anybodsy i just wanna be myself. If begin yourself is wearing mnakeup i dont get it cause its not who you really are but then again i could be wrong. Good luckw ith your venture but dont try to live in the past make your own statement and not say LIKE IT USE TO BE. Say what its gonna be hehe.

yeah, its great to see a group of people working together for a single cause, there needs to be more people like you in this industry, and it is true that clubbers, promoters, and dj's (especially) need to unite to work together to help each another instead of this 'every man for himself' attitude.

your premise is in the right direction, but i think your ideas are a little jaded if you think you can ressurect that free loving vibe from those times. everything changes, you can never go back, only forward. the city is drastically different from those days, and we as clubbers dont have the kind of freedoms that we used to have in those days... hopefully things will start to change for the better in nyc nightlife, and it is good to see that there are people out there trying..

Originally posted by distort909

i dont knwo what to say at this post.......

it would be cool to bring life, color & flavor back into the club scene ....... but it wont happen cause all the colorful people are no more.......

you cant just put people in costume & expect it to be like it was......... what made it special back then was the uniquness of all those people involved back then............

to many people are the same as the other guy today.

well put, i agree as well... mostly everyone out clubbing now is more about "image" or "big-pimpin" nobody is really out there to let loose, or express themselves or even be original... and theres a very small group of ppl who are even really into the music... imo you were also dealing with a different era, and different time which leads me to believe a different perspective on your surroundings and the world... its comparable to woodstock or hippies of the 60's if we grew out our hair, wore bell bottoms and played guitars on a lawn... sure wed look like the ppl of yesteryear and maybe even sound like them... but i really dont think the spirit would be there... with every era there is something that comes and goes, and somethings that leave a permanent impression... this i feel was one of those things, and may never be captured again because even if it did come back, really wouldnt be the same... i heard that once an element changes from its original state, it can never go back so maybe the same could go for things of this nature???

Originally posted by bozer

Sorry.. your whole way of thinking is fucking retarded. Normal people work normal jobs all week long, and then possibly go out for fun on the weekends. Its not an ideology.. its just something to do on the weekends. Dont take yourselves too seriously. Nothing lasts forever, and its sad seeing people over 35 in night clubs (which is probably your age if you were partying back then)

Loving the music and being a fan of the music is something different, and totally acceptable in my opinion. But trying to be the center of attention among a bunch of freaked out friends is just stupid and futureless. What exactly do you hope to accomplish?

I guess I'm just one of those F'ed up freaks that works full time and still knows how to express myself, be an individual and enjoy the ideology of this revolution.

Originally posted by dgmodel

i heard that once an element changes from its original state, it can never go back so maybe the same could go for things of this nature???

I agree completely ... its along the lines of evolution ... We don't want things to be just as they were, like I said that would be impossible, but people need to remember who they are inside and evolve not become a lemming and just blend in with the backdrop.

The thing that we want to bring back is the way of thinking

Dice

i agree. it's nice and all and i wish you the best,...but you know what happens when you dig up the dead?.....you get a smelly mess. sure i miss it, but that was the past. i don't want to be 80 years old and tell myself that i did'nt live my live fully. if i live my life the same way i use to there is really not much reason to continue living. i like change. and if something i don't like needs change i will not go back...i'll just find a diffrent path...live is much more fun that way

.02$

Originally posted by oldschool2

So let me get this strait your going to try to bring back the vibe that a place like limelight had at disco 2000 and bring back things like kenny kens hot body contest??? Im not sure what to think about that, but you must remember that time goes on and so do we. The club scene never stays the same for a reason. Back then wether you want to believe it or not drugs were very prominent and we as clubgoers back then did not have one thing that clubgoers have today, and thats NYC'S finest up there asses. Back then i remember drugs flowing out in the open like it was candy. And we all see what is going on now Tunnel, sound factory all CLOSED. So if you think your going to bring back those times i wish you all the best, i might even come check out your party, but in my opinion those days are far gone!!!!! good luck

I believe that all of us in here have a few things in common. We all agree that the night life in NYC isnt what it used to be and we all want it back. We also agree that our individuality is what makes the scene what it should be. The club scene has lost that entirely. Why not fight for that, if nothing else. With all that is going on in America today, it is about time that our generation finally does something to show the world we ARE here. We want out 1st ammendment, our individuality, and our freedom in tact after all is said and done. If we start small and gradually let it grow, this will be our voice and it WILL be heard.

Thank you guys for all the feedback we are getting and any help is appretiated. Come check us out at Tabu in hempstead on Friday nights. To contact me directly you can e-mail me through the address listed when you click on my nickname.

Who remembers Michael Alig and his crazy club scene.

Umm...based on the pics on the site, I don't think any of you could remember Michael Alig and his crazy club scene. Unless you were clubbing when you were 9.

Originally posted by nut-meg

Hey everyone.

Who remembers Michael Alig and his crazy club scene. If you do they you will be interrested in reading this. If not rent "Party Moster" to get an idea of the revolution that is about to begin.

I am a representative of Xtreme Alliance and Twice As Nice Entertainment. Our company is going to be blowing up the club scene and heres how!

A revolution is about to begin. It is an invasion in the world of

nightclubs. This is a world of old men keeping only their select elite group of people in the top positions and keeping anyone outside of these elite circles down in their business, giving them a taste of power on occasion to keeping them working. The outsiders who are talented in what they do, whether they are a promoter, dancer, MC or DJ, whatever, they have been kept down and this is why an invasion is coming. This revolution will not be televised. It will come from the inside and work its way out. This will not be subtle. It will be very loud and noticed. People will see a clear difference in what is happening. Ultimately the people, the real club kids, will decide whether or not the old dogs stay in power or the new young blood, who know the history of this world, come to rule the roost. They will not forget who they are or where they came from. So when some young kid has an idea to improve the party or hands them a demo CD and asks them for an opportunity to spin they will give them that shot. The shot that they never would have had and usher in a new generation of parties that people want to be at and enjoy instead of people complaining that “This place sucksâ€, or “I can’t believe I got dragged here.†There will be no more complaints only parties people want to go to and have a good time. The time of the old dogs is over; the young blood era starts now.

F*** the hype, believe reality, The revolution starts now!!!

To check us out go to www.WeAreXtreme.com and you can contact us through there.

No offense, but this has to be the dumbest post I've read on here in a long time! :laugh:

I really don't know if you can completley replicate the whole club kid phenomenon, but maybe if you put a new twist on an old era, it could work. You know, you don't have to hang at "clubs" per say if you feel as though you can't express yourself-that's what raves are for. Although Raving is the highlight of my exsistence, sometimes I think the scene could use a makeover, more themed parties perhaps. Try working with what's going on now and forget about completley reviving the past. Theme Raves-yes, that is genius. Try your hand at it, I'll be there!

How do you "dress up like a club kid" unless you carbon-copy a costume idea? I dress like a total freak when I go out, I like to make my own costumes,and that is what it's all about. Wow, this is sad, you guys. while it's true you cannot replicate an era per say, why can't you dress however you want when you go out and not feel the need to be exactley like others? ESPECIALLY in NYC! So you mean to tell me that if all of a sudden you arrived at a club and everybody was in costume, the next week you would do the same? Because it would then be "socially acceptable' or "in", because more than a few are doing it? That's how originality dies, my friends. Stupid social standards.

Originally posted by originalsfgal

FYI - Larry T hosted the Hot Body contest...Kenny Kenny was the door person.

TO the originator of this thread - The days of Michael, James, Junky johnathon, Tobel, Jackie, Freez, lil Erik, Cousin Dave, Jennitalia, Karlin, Charmaine, Chloe, Chanel, etc...are long gone. They were fun while they were here - the city was much different then. To try and restore THAT time would be IMPOSSIBLE. I commend you for trying to stimulate the scene, but do something original not something that has been done before. That would be a disgrace to the memory of what once was.

I stand corrected your absolutly correct it was larry T who hosted the hot body contest its been a while. And as for everything else you said well your probably right. It was a different time and some people need to move on.