Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bringing back the club kids!!!

Hey everyone.

Who remembers Michael Alig and his crazy club scene. If you do they you will be interrested in reading this. If not rent "Party Moster" to get an idea of the revolution that is about to begin.

I am a representative of Xtreme Alliance and Twice As Nice Entertainment. Our company is going to be blowing up the club scene and heres how!

A revolution is about to begin. It is an invasion in the world of

nightclubs. This is a world of old men keeping only their select elite group of people in the top positions and keeping anyone outside of these elite circles down in their business, giving them a taste of power on occasion to keeping them working. The outsiders who are talented in what they do, whether they are a promoter, dancer, MC or DJ, whatever, they have been kept down and this is why an invasion is coming. This revolution will not be televised. It will come from the inside and work its way out. This will not be subtle. It will be very loud and noticed. People will see a clear difference in what is happening. Ultimately the people, the real club kids, will decide whether or not the old dogs stay in power or the new young blood, who know the history of this world, come to rule the roost. They will not forget who they are or where they came from. So when some young kid has an idea to improve the party or hands them a demo CD and asks them for an opportunity to spin they will give them that shot. The shot that they never would have had and usher in a new generation of parties that people want to be at and enjoy instead of people complaining that “This place sucksâ€, or “I can’t believe I got dragged here.†There will be no more complaints only parties people want to go to and have a good time. The time of the old dogs is over; the young blood era starts now.

F*** the hype, believe reality, The revolution starts now!!!

To check us out go to www.WeAreXtreme.com and you can contact us through there.

No this is real. Michael Alig was the head of a group of club kids who started at the limelight after Andy Warhall's death. He ran insane partys and contests with questionable sexualities, costumes, and themes. His scene involved drugs, costume, and some of the craziest nights ever in the history of NYC Night life. Michael was later busted for the murder of Angel Manendez (his drug dealer) and that was the death of the real NYC club scene. If you e-mail me you can get links to information on Alig and the Club Kids. Trust me this is no joke. Thoes who were there will remember, thoes who will participate will enjoy!!!!

It isnt about the drugs, its about the scene. The Glamour. Being utterly fabulous!!! It's already happening now. We already are starting this revolution at Tabu on friday nights with M.C. Dice. No more censorship, no more rights being taken away. It's all about the funa nd originality it was about when it all started!

oh and everyone here knows the story, and really dosent care, it is a Era that has been long Dead, and sorry to sound bitchy, but your not the first person to TRY to REBORn the clubkids.

we;ve all moved on in life and in Death

olympia<

It is very true that no one can bring it back the way Alig did, but the idea is what matters. The freedom, the chaos, the fun, all of what he originaly stood for. I am sure Xtreme Alliance is not the first to try. We are more along the lines of trying to get this idea that the talented people who arent given a shot are the ones who can break out the best club scene ever. This is what was meant by the passage originally stated. Its all about being what you want and living the dream. With out Xtreme ideas and wicked partys the NY club scene will be taken by storm. Its not to recreate what Alig its to start a new Era of insanity.

Originally posted by nut-meg

Hey everyone.

Who remembers Michael Alig and his crazy club scene. If you do they you will be interrested in reading this. If not rent "Party Moster" to get an idea of the revolution that is about to begin.

Pleeaaassseee.......By your pics you guys look like you weren't even partying when Alig was throwing parties. This isn't something you plan, it just happens.....It's a season of the times. Aligs parties were part of it..There was also NASA, Save the robots, Warsaw, and many other inter-mingled events going on back then. The vibe was there..............and it wasn't created by 1 single production company. Anyway, best of luck in your new venture.

Jaysea...

I want to apolijize for upsetting you. I now know now that you were there, and no I was not.

"When i moved to Ny in 89", I found friends That were just like me, Gay, and alone, i dont no? i just miss Everyone!!, and its so sad what all came of it all, but Give a monster a Gun, and He's gonna use it> lol

U NO?"

Thats what we want to bring back. The closeness, the family. I was always different in school, i may not have been gay but I was one of the most hated people in school. Yea Yea I know... get out your violins right. Well now here I am trying to do something big. Not me persay. MC Dice is the one leading this all. But now out of no where I feel accepted, and for once I am doing something that gives meaning to stuff. You of all people should understand that. Yes he was the greatest and Topping his is an impossible thing to fo. We would not dare try. We are just sick of getting suspended for our outlandish contests or being told you can only walk into a club dressed a certain way. It should be all about being yourself and not about being what the club wants you to be. We are fighting for the freedom of everything any club goer holds in their mind. Being who you want to be. I didnt expect what I said to strike a coard in anyone like it did you. I sincerely am sorry. I just want you to understand where our company is coming from and what we are trying to do. That's why our slogan is "F*** the hype, believe reality!

So let me get this strait your going to try to bring back the vibe that a place like limelight had at disco 2000 and bring back things like kenny kens hot body contest??? Im not sure what to think about that, but you must remember that time goes on and so do we. The club scene never stays the same for a reason. Back then wether you want to believe it or not drugs were very prominent and we as clubgoers back then did not have one thing that clubgoers have today, and thats NYC'S finest up there asses. Back then i remember drugs flowing out in the open like it was candy. And we all see what is going on now Tunnel, sound factory all CLOSED. So if you think your going to bring back those times i wish you all the best, i might even come check out your party, but in my opinion those days are far gone!!!!! good luck

I guess what were trying to do is not exactly that... Its hard to explain. that was the closest example to what is going on with us. If you all are interrested in helping out you can e-mail me. I know there is no going back to that. We just want the fun back. Times do change but every era resurfaces. Maybe its time this one did (in a different sence)

Originally posted by nut-meg

I We just want the fun back. Times do change but every era resurfaces. Maybe its time this one did (in a different sence)

Best of luck to you guys. Don't let the trolls on this board dampen your spirit. It is refreshing to see a group of people join together and attempt to make a difference!!

Originally posted by oldschool2

So let me get this strait your going to try to bring back the vibe that a place like limelight had at disco 2000 and bring back things like kenny kens hot body contest???

FYI - Larry T hosted the Hot Body contest...Kenny Kenny was the door person.

TO the originator of this thread - The days of Michael, James, Junky johnathon, Tobel, Jackie, Freez, lil Erik, Cousin Dave, Jennitalia, Karlin, Charmaine, Chloe, Chanel, etc...are long gone. They were fun while they were here - the city was much different then. To try and restore THAT time would be IMPOSSIBLE. I commend you for trying to stimulate the scene, but do something original not something that has been done before. That would be a disgrace to the memory of what once was.

Guest distort909

i dont knwo what to say at this post.......

it would be cool to bring life, color & flavor back into the club scene ....... but it wont happen cause all the colorful people are no more.......

you cant just put people in costume & expect it to be like it was......... what made it special back then was the uniquness of all those people involved back then............

to many people are the same as the other guy today.

Best of luck with what you are trying to do...

personally I think you are fighting a losing battle.

Times are different, people are different, the city is different, as is the music, scene, drugs, clubs etc...

what happened back then will never happen again in NYC.

It used to be a dark, dirty, crazy place...now it is like disney land.

As the girl who posted above me said..and this is the best advice I can give. Do something different, dont try to recreate what has already been done. If you believe in what you are doing and work hard, you can def make a difference. I guess you can say Ive had a good amount of success in the club world, and Ive only been doing this for 3 years. Its because I believed in what I was doing and worked my ass off to do what I did.

Good luck...

oh and in the meantime...Spell check

:idea:;)

Since I'm trying to head up this revolution, maybe I should finally put some of my own thoughts on this message board.

Two decades ago a genius brought an ideology to light in the nightclub world. This ideology has been coined “The Way Of The Club Kid.†This is ideology can be simply broken down to; be who you are, and what you want to be. It has nothing to do with drugs or where you are, it’s what is inside. Now in the present day nightclub world that ideology has disappeared. The club world has now become a bunch of lemmings, the ideology has now become be who everyone else is and be what everyone want you to be. This is something that has brought the nightclub world to a halt in terms of moving forward with creativity and new ideas. It has been attempted in the past for people to try and bring back the way of the club kid. Unlike those in the past we are not out to recreate the past, that is impossible, the future can only learn from the past and expand on it. Clubs are now run by the same people that would go and party for days straight, but have forgotten those days and have conformed. Now they have become those that they detested, they hire and fill their clubs with those same people. The questions we ask to the nightclub world of today are; “What happened?â€, “Where is the originality?†and “Why do you want to be a lemming?†Why is it that anyone can turn on primetime TV and see a Hollywood depiction of a nightclub and it is accurate? This is because once you have seen one lemming you have seen them all. That is why those who are in this world and have conformed must remember their roots to teach the new, and for those who are just entering this world to know their history, so that we can take the past and grow from it. Simply we must take the ideology of “The Club Kidâ€, remember it and grow from it.

Dice