Clubplanet Nightlife Community

getting sick of world series and the yankees

yankees just beat the mets and it looks like they will sweep easily. im just amazed how enthusiastic yankee fans continue to be. what are they rooting for? yankees are gonna win anyway, it's stupid. sports become boring and dull when they are not competitive and it seems yankees will win this year and hurt the popularity of MLB maye not in NY but in the rest of the country.

same thing happened to tennis when pete sampras kept on dominating for few years.

im sorry but i m just sick of Yankees winning over and over again and yankee fans getting over excited for no reasons over and over again.

GEEET DA FUCK OUTTA HERE!!

BASEBALL IS BIG AS EVER RIGHT NOW, ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY WATCHING THE SUBWAY SERIES

THE ONLY WAY BASEBALL COULD DIE AGAIN IS ANOTHER STRIKE

------------------

a-john2.gif Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go -I wanna be sedated - Nothing to do - Nowhere to go - I wanna be sedated - Just get me to the airport - And put me on a plane - Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane - I can't control my fingers - I can't control my brain - Oh no oh ho - Just put me in a wheelchair - And get me to the show - Hurry hurry hurry before I go loco - I can't control my fingers - I can't control my toes - Oh no oh ho.

if baseball is big as ever right now why is world series being broadcasted by Fox instead of NBC,CBS or ABC? think dumbo. baseball sucks.

Originally posted by gonzojournilist:

GEEET DA FUCK OUTTA HERE!!

BASEBALL IS BIG AS EVER RIGHT NOW, ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY WATCHING THE SUBWAY SERIES

THE ONLY WAY BASEBALL COULD DIE AGAIN IS ANOTHER STRIKE

Your obviously not a Yankees fan......when your a fan of a team, you never get enough of them being one of the best teams in history.....Your suffering from pre-sweep syndrome......Keep your head up....Peace.

Mikey

------------------

"Music is life, take a pill and go beyond that."

Exit Fridays, The World Saturdays --- PM me for list info or email HazePromotions@Gateway.net for the HAZE list.....

of course ur getting sick of the world series, what mets fan wouldnt? u guys stink.. u look like fools on the field every time u come out frown.gif

yankee fans on the other hand r having a great time.. i mean what more could we ask for? we win all the time, and clemens does fun things to make piazza look like a fool.. balls to the head, and now throwing bats??(nice touch, clemens) hahaha, im in luv with baseball right now, and so is most of the country..

ill tell u what tho, i hope the mets win a couple of games, i wanna see what clemens does next! dam, hes nice.. but to be honest, i think it will be over after game 4, and all mets fans will finally shut UP!!!! lolol -aboot

Originally posted by andwhysee:

if baseball is big as ever right now why is world series being broadcasted by Fox instead of NBC,CBS or ABC? think dumbo. baseball sucks.

FOX is a major network this is not 1986 dimwitt,

Rupert Murdock owns many things, including the Super Bowl!!!-(i guess football isn't big either) THINK NIMROD.

baseball is America.

...I'm off to werk!

------------------

a-john2.gif Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go -I wanna be sedated - Nothing to do - Nowhere to go - I wanna be sedated - Just get me to the airport - And put me on a plane - Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane - I can't control my fingers - I can't control my brain - Oh no oh ho - Just put me in a wheelchair - And get me to the show - Hurry hurry hurry before I go loco - I can't control my fingers - I can't control my toes - Oh no oh ho.

yankees just beat the mets and it looks like they will sweep easily. im just amazed how enthusiastic yankee fans continue to be. what are they rooting for? yankees are gonna win anyway, it's stupid. sports become boring and dull when they are not competitive and it seems yankees will win this year and hurt the popularity of MLB maye not in NY but in the rest of the country.

same thing happened to tennis when pete sampras kept on dominating for few years.

im sorry but i m just sick of Yankees winning over and over again and yankee fans getting over excited for no reasons over and over again.

If your are a New Yorker you are a disgrace to all and should shut the f*** up. Its the Subway series pal, game #1 was the longest game in the history of the sport if that wasn’t a good baseball there is no such thing. Obviously you don’t like New York and don’t like sports your a punk and shut the f*** up!!!!

cwm23.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gif

Because FOX outbid the other networks for the rights to air the World Series. And the other networks didn't even try because of fear of a subway series. The ratings should be at an alltime low because only one market is involved. I'm in advertising, I know how this works. The rest of the country hates this and they would never admit to watching it even if they were.

------------------

"Life is a drink... Don't guzzle it down, learn to savor every moment..."

ken98_2s.jpg

-Ricfutures

Originally posted by bungee:

Do I hear; sour grapes, jealousy, envy, BITTERNESS, wannabes, losers, second rate, ....SO TYPICAL>>>>>>> You guys take our losers like Belichick and then become bitter when you guys remain losers. So Typical>>>>

its not sour grapes. sour grapes implies that i envy your teams. guess what? despite your short sighted NY thinking, nobody else wants your teams. shit yankees. shit mets.

sports fans here enjoy the courage and character we see every season as our local teams perform competitively. we despise the yanks bc we find such characteristics lacking in the NY teams. being surrounded by fellow overpaid superstars allows each athlete to perform at less than his top form yet still enjoy success. it takes no heart for roger clemens do what he does now. he will be booed if they try to retire his number in fenway.

baseball season is over everywhere except NY. thats what non-NY baseball fans know. the world series may be a big deal there right now, but elsewhere its 4th page sports news.

------------------

i love music!

Lets face it Sir Dante..The reason people outside of ny have a problem with the yankees is because they have dominated the sport for aslong as the team has existed and people have a problem with that. People like to be proud of the state in which they live and along with that comes the pride of your states sports teams..and as far as baseball goes yankees are a far superior team...and hey I love a good subways series because anyway you cut the cake NY WINS!

Caio! cwm11.gifcwm23.gif

------------------

I lost artax and falcor in CPI's last year...havent seen em since.

thank you. it's nice to know there are people who know what they are talking about.

Originally posted by ricfutures:

Because FOX outbid the other networks for the rights to air the World Series. And the other networks didn't even try because of fear of a subway series. The ratings should be at an alltime low because only one market is involved. I'm in advertising, I know how this works. The rest of the country hates this and they would never admit to watching it even if they were.

Originally posted by dj atreju:

Lets face it Sir Dante..The reason people outside of ny have a problem with the yankees is because they have dominated the sport for aslong as the team has existed and people have a problem with that. People like to be proud of the state in which they live and along with that comes the pride of your states sports teams..and as far as baseball goes yankees are a far superior team...and hey I love a good subways series because anyway you cut the cake NY WINS!

Caio! cwm11.gifcwm23.gif

no. you didnt read what i wrote. i told you the "reason why" and dominance has nothing to do with it.

i am a hockey fan. i dont hate montreal for being a more dominant team throughout hockey history. i dont hate the bulls for dominating basketball recently. to put it another way, do you hate the celtics for being the most dominant team in basketball history? no, of course not. likewise i dont hate the yankees because "they have dominated the sport for as long as the team has existed."

i dislike the yankees bc i find it more fun to watch a team like the red sox or the many other teams who must play as close to 100% as possible in every game to stay competitive. the biggest disappointment in baseball this year was the way the yanks played in the last month of the reg season. it will be forgotten in NY if all you care about is winning.

its not just a winning and losing thing. thats the NY way of looking at things. and thats my point exactly, its not just about how many championships a team takes home. if that were the case, we would all be yanks fans, celtics fans, canadians fans, and cowboys fans. but we r not.

im not trying to change your ways. if winning at all costs is important to you, then u r a true NY fan and power to you. i am just trying to give u some insight into what its like to be a fan from somewhere else. you can tell me to "face it" all you want, but you are the one not looking at reality here.

BTW, boston has its own winners. and, yes, in our lifetime too-- you wise asses wink.gif. let me point out some facts from my personal history. my mom is a hockey fan and i was weaned while watching the bruins win the stanley cup twice. the bruins have made the playoffs all but two years in my 30 year old lifetime. the red sox also have a history of dominance, ancient history, true, but still part of the history of our team. in our time, i have sat in fenway as the sox hosted plenty of playoff games. even the pats have made a pair of superbowl runs in recent times. my dad is a celts fan and i watched that championship team play in the garden on many occasions. boston has its championships and we have our own history of dominance. so stop acting like it only happens in NY!

------------------

i love music!

Nice Try, but FOX is one of the biggest sports stations on TV nowadays-

Originally posted by sirdante:

i dislike the yankees bc i find it more fun to watch a team like the red sox or the many other teams who must play as close to 100% as possible in every game to stay competitive.

Coupla questions for sirdante...haven't the bosox lost to the pawsox in a couple of exposition games? how come the major leaguers can't beat their farm team? and P-Bruins is a FAR better event than boston bruins could possibly be in the f(l)eet center.

BTW: where are the patriots moving to this week? Providence? Hartford? And they lose to INDY?!? Wow. The patsys went to the Super Bowl because of one thing - a coach who came from NEW YORK and went back to NEW YORK. Seems like they need to be giving more than 100%.

I spent five years living in the Providence area, don't you dare try to tell me that New England fans are better than NY fans for any reason. Not more genteel, not more polite, not NOTHING better. That's arrogance, pure and simple.

------------------

New and improved --- Coming to you now from NYC!

Originally posted by gonzojournilist:

umm... not exactly. the subway series has everyone all over NYC watching. of course, in typical NYer fashion, you, sir, translate that to "everyone all over the country." check the TV ratings, this series is *not* gluing everybody to the television.

i would admit to watching it if i did watch it. u know what? i *wont* watch it. not many ppl in boston will. shit yankees. shit mets.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

Coupla questions for sirdante...haven't the bosox lost to the pawsox in a couple of exposition games? how come the major leaguers can't beat their farm team? and P-Bruins is a FAR better event than boston bruins could possibly be in the f(l)eet center.

BTW: where are the patriots moving to this week? Providence? Hartford? And they lose to INDY?!? Wow. The patsys went to the Super Bowl because of one thing - a coach who came from NEW YORK and went back to NEW YORK. Seems like they need to be giving more than 100%.

I spent five years living in the Providence area, don't you dare try to tell me that New England fans are better than NY fans for any reason. Not more genteel, not more polite, not NOTHING better. That's arrogance, pure and simple.

never said we were better. again, thats a new yorkers way of looking at the world ("we are better than u r na na na na na!") i only said we were different. the reasons we like our teams are obviously very different from the reasons you like your teams.

BTW dont get high and mighty about football. we have a very competitve division in the AFC east. and when the j-e-t-s start playing the tougher half of their schedule, they will be humbled. just like the pats, bills, fins, and indy, the jets are not a deep-into-the-playoffs caliber team this year. the bookmakers and analysists expect that we will all be watching other teams in january.

------------------

i love music!

Archived