Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD different style in different places?

Last night i burned "PVD live in homelands 5-28-00". One of his best, most progressive, hardest sets ever! When i saw him in Twilo this august, he wasn't half as intense and hardcore as he is on this set. Did i catch him on his mellow night, or does he really spin different sets (as far as intensity goes) in different countries?

well pvd wasn't here in august so maybe you saw someone else.

but yes i've found he spins different sets in different places. his twilo sets get real intense after 6 w/ some crazy breakbeats

-Rob

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

PVD is the best dj on earth ...by far...I only missed him 1 time out of all the times he's been here...the last 2 he played at twilo were insane but the one before that was bad because he was in a pissy move cause a few of his promoters got booted outta the club or something...that probably the night you went....Nov.10th next.....his favorite crowd to play for in all the planet is twilo so his best music is usually here or at his home in Germany. Homelands is a great set but I've heard much better at twilo & also have better ones of my own...I have like 20 something sets of PVD..anyhow, don't miss his next time here

PVD definitely plays differently for different foreign crowds.

I saw him spin while travelling in Australia this past spring and he played a completely different set from his typical NY set and what I've heard recorded from his UK set.

It's like he played old school german techno the whole night, not really the trance he's known for, nothing I really knew, I guess to appeal to the aussie candy ravers (over there they seemed to be more of MOS types, at least in Perth).

Personally I prefer to hear him in NY, if only it didnt get sooooo crowded at Twilo.

PvD is the Greatest Man ALIVE!!!

...u know what i mean? cwm30.gifcwm29.gifcwm27.gifcwm20.gifcwm16.gifcwm12.gif

peace!!!! --daniela

------------------

"Ooh baby, I feel like the music sounds better with you..." luna.gif

PVD was WICKED here in L.A. this past May 2000. It was my fist time hearing him live and it was AMAZING!!

We have his May-Day and Essential mixes, but I must say his energy is great live!

I could only imaging what it'd be like @ Twilo biggrin.gifcwm29.gifcwm12.gifcwm29.gif

------------------

We are here only if you believe, but believe only if you are certain.

[This message has been edited by ~surreal~ (edited 10-26-2000).]

Can you reccommend a couple of his hardest sets? Something that's at least as intense as his Homelands sets.

Originally posted by h2baplaya:

PVD is the best dj on earth ...by far...I only missed him 1 time out of all the times he's been here...the last 2 he played at twilo were insane but the one before that was bad because he was in a pissy move cause a few of his promoters got booted outta the club or something...that probably the night you went....Nov.10th next.....his favorite crowd to play for in all the planet is twilo so his best music is usually here or at his home in Germany. Homelands is a great set but I've heard much better at twilo & also have better ones of my own...I have like 20 something sets of PVD..anyhow, don't miss his next time here

he's varied quite a bit at twilo in my opinion. from the last few times (compared to the first few times) i'm definitely starting to feel that he doesn't try that hard anymore. at the beginning it felt like his heart and soul were in it - i hope he can recapture the feeling in himself (for the likes of me and other twilo goers)

------------------

there is no law - except the law of the drug and the music

He plays different sets even in New York. His last set two months ago was hard as hell. The one four months ago was rather cheesy. I saw him in Ibiza this July - completely different style from how he played in New York two weeks later. My friend just saw him in Hong Kong: extremely hard set. Looking forward to seeing him in November.