Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Routine

I've put together a new routine for myself as a kind of composit from a bunch of different sources... i know there's alot of expertise around here so i wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions on it... My goal is basically to build more lean muscle mass though the below routine and what i consider a good diet. i already know i'm lacking lower body excersises but i think i can put those in on my own later.

the one concern i have myself is that i'm overtraining my tri's as i seem to hit them somewhat on day 1 (bench),2, and 4(military press)

thanks

Day 1 - Chest

-------------

Incline BB Press : 12-10-8-6 Reps

Incline DB Flyes : 10-10-10 Reps

Decline BB Press : 12-10-8-6 Reps

Decline DB Flyes : 10-10-10 Reps

Bench Press : 12-10-8-6 Reps

Day 2 - Arms

----------------------

DB Curl : 12-10-8-6 Reps

DB Hammer Curls : 10-8-6 Reps

DB Overhead Extension : 10-10-10 Reps

DB Kickbacks : 8-8 Reps

Dips : 3 sets till failure

Day 3 - Cardio and Abs

Day 4 - Back and Shoulders

--------------------------

Military Press : 12-10-8 Reps

Front DB Raise : 10-10-10 Reps

Lateral DB Raise : 10-10-10 Reps

DB Shrug : 10-0-10 Reps

Widegrip Lat Pulldown : 12-10-8 Reps

T-Bar Row : 10-10-10 Reps

Seated Cable Row : 12-10-8 Reps

Back Extensions : 10-10-10 Reps

Day 5 - Cardio and Abs

Due lack of time at them moment, I will only reply to your statement: "I know I am lacking lower body ............. later"

The human body is amazing in that it is always striving for symmetry. Yes, some people have smaller legs and larger chest or v/v, but that is their body type and their body will try to maintian that particular symmetry.

So, if you cut out lower legs, you will inhibit the growth of your upper body. In order to put the lean muscle on your upper body, lower body must be incorparted.

Another example of this is the relationship between each arm. Lets say for instance you broke your left arm. In order to decrease muscle wasting of that arm, you can train your right arm intensively. This will send a signal to not only your right arm, but, also your left arm to rebuild.

The net effect is that your left arm does not shrink as much, but your right arm does not grow as much; therefore the symmetry of the body is maintained to a certain degree.

Nautica

Originally posted by elitesnautica

Another example of this is the relationship between each arm. Lets say for instance you broke your left arm. In order to decrease muscle wasting of that arm, you can train your right arm intensively. This will send a signal to not only your right arm, but, also your left arm to rebuild.

The net effect is that your left arm does not shrink as much, but your right arm does not grow as much; therefore the symmetry of the body is maintained to a certain degree.

Nautica

is that true, thats pretty cool

things that make u go HMmmmmmm

Nautica

If only i knew that when i really did break my left arm last winter...

But otherwise, im getting back into doing squats and im expanding that out into a a larger lower body routine.

Due lack of time at them moment, I will only reply to your statement: "I know I am lacking lower body ............. later"

The human body is amazing in that it is always striving for symmetry. Yes, some people have smaller legs and larger chest or v/v, but that is their body type and their body will try to maintian that particular symmetry.

So, if you cut out lower legs, you will inhibit the growth of your upper body. In order to put the lean muscle on your upper body, lower body must be incorparted.

Nautica

Nautica, I got 2 questions for you if you could answer them for me:

1) For example his routine only includes doing abs or doing the arms once a week-is this effective at all?? I mean i hit the gym about 3 times a week and because time restrictions do abs, arms and shoulders all in about an hour and a half-is this too much at once?

2) Last winter I was working on the lower body in the weight room and I am a mountain biker which means that from about this time till October my lower body will be strengthened by riding, should I still hit the weight room now and then? I've started weight training in October in order to gain some muscle in my upper body but haven't been doing the legs because of the just finished mountain bike season.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by dirtyepic18

Day 2 - Arms

----------------------

DB Curl : 12-10-8-6 Reps

DB Hammer Curls : 10-8-6 Reps

DB Overhead Extension : 10-10-10 Reps

DB Kickbacks : 8-8 Reps

Dips : 3 sets till failure

Perhaps your arms respond very well. But I dont really care for this routine because its really lacking. But maybe your arms dont need much training, it could be.

If you wanta better arm routine, post back and I'll give you a routine you can do on one day or two days (sep. biceps with triceps).

Originally posted by lalate

Perhaps your arms respond very well. But I dont really care for this routine because its really lacking. But maybe your arms dont need much training, it could be.

If you wanta better arm routine, post back and I'll give you a routine you can do on one day or two days (sep. biceps with triceps).

i have gotten a fair response with the routine, but i'd like to hear any suggestions you've got

Sup Cali/NYC - same here -- use to train in USC's Football gym years ago.

Okay

Bicep Day

Standing Dumbell Curl - 3 x 10

21s 3 x 10

EZ Curl Bar Machine 3 x 10

Hammer Curls 3 x 10

If you wanta add /subtract:

Dumbell Concentration Curl 3 x 10

Alternate Incline Dumbell Curl 3 x 10

Tricep Day

Lying Tricep Exts 3 x 10

Close Grip Bench Press 3 x 10

Tricep Pull Downs 3 x 10

Can also give (dont wanta look like shameless plugging here) you a link to free videos on this subject

If you need Shoulder Day - hit back.