Clubplanet Nightlife Community

workout advise

chris817

Why would you do light weights. Heavy weight equals growth. I agree with the 6-10 reps. Maybe throw in a couple sets of 4 with over-weight and a spotter to help you complete. Try eating more protein and working on your nutrition. Thats 75% of the game right there.

i was lifting heavy, then got a trainier who switched me into lighter weight and higher reps up to 12. I'm def more defined then before. Just got back into the workout rut

take protein shakes b4 working out

Heavy sets reps were 8

Just wondering if it was conterproductive to lift heavy then light from month to month?

12 is the max you would want to do. Also, keep in mind the definition is not due to light weights. Muscle growth is due to 2 things. 1) breaking down the muscle. 2) Repairing the muscle. There is no such thing as lifting for "definition" or lifting for "bulk". If you breakdown the muscles they will repair and the best way to break them down is through intense training.

Definition is due to diet.

Nautica

Originally posted by elitesnautica

it is good to swith up routines after the body you reach a plateu, but light weights is not the anwer.

Nautica

Well said.

The best way to attack a plateau in your progression is the following...

a) check overtraining.

If you are overtraining, feeling exhaustion and fatique regularly, you are may be overtraining. If that's the case, you wanta adjust routine appropraitely.

B) variation

If you are not overtraining, but simply in a rut, unmotivated, spice it up. If the rut is concerning fat loss, change your cardio routine ... say from internal elyptical to external running. If the rut is muscle gain, try (a) supersetting, (B) changing the time of the day for your workout, © get more sleep, (d) check to see u have enough protein before and after a routine. Sometimes ruts are mental and not physical and time away from the gym externally getting some sun and relaxing is well deserved break so that when you return you blast those sets.

Originally posted by chrismakk69

GO HEAVY OR GO HOME.

thats my philosophy.

In a way, that is so true. If you are not feeling the exceptional pain and burn down to the last rep -- that makes you wanta curse your head off on that final rep --- you aren't giving your body its full due.