Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To all Staten Islanders

Guest djeffect

Guest djeffect

ok, I know staten island sucks , especially for house stuff, but this is different,

I am playing this sat the 17 th @ martini red. I'll be playing house , and a little bit of trance, not the hard as stuff, but the melodic stuff. I promise you all that it will be a great nite to come out to Martini Red. I know all of you know the place, and no guidos that nite will be there I beleive, I live in New Brighton, And hate that as well, Also my partner vinny (non guido) will be playing as well, we both have played in different clubs around the city. And have up to date records. Hope to see you all there

Thanks, djEFFECT

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djeffect

no cover as far as I know, I don't think they ever have a cover at Martini Red.

for all that don't know where it's at , it's on van duzer

thats the one right near aj's right?

I doubt i am gona be able to check it out... i would try and throw a party on a weekday, bc i duno how many people actually go out on si on the weekends. Most people would go over to Manhattan to hear house.

That place is cool just because theres almost no guidos. It seems like a Staten Island Tech crowd, but its still better then anything on the other side of the island (tottenville). Good luck, maybe I'll come by for some trance

DJ Effect,

Good Luck with your party.... Glad to see others also throwing house parties there!

My partner and I have been doing a monthly there since Dec. We do the last sat of evry month. It is a great spot with a cool vibe, and CHEAP DRINKS. So I definitely encourage anY staten islanders on the board to come and support.....

New Speakers where put in the venue too, so the sound is banging.

See ya Sat!!!!

Peace

Guest djeffect

yeah, we also are bringing some of our own amps and stuff , so the sound should be good, and we only spin on turntables.

come on guys , give some support, the place is a cool place, the only place that's even remotely like a manhattan lounge, and i gurantee you will like we play, if you don't go to Manhattan

afterwards, the boat is nearby, but I think most of you would stay

Guest djeffect

i played at many clubs here in ny and miami, and europe. but that's not important ( i think). There are many dj's who play all over the world and they suck. I don't want to mention names, I'm sure people will know them. And if my ethnicity is important, I'm Cuban, raised in Miami, and now live in Staten Island. My partner

Vinny Ray is Italian, and lives in Staten Island, bu t raised in Brooklyn.

Though like I said come out check us out . It's all we are asking.

isnt staten island part of new jersey and isnt eamon their mayor or something like that?...ugh i cant believe half of my borough moved there to "escape" things like crime...in reality its cause theyre cheap fucks...theres more scumbags out in SI than anywhere...more wannabee gangstas there too

Originally posted by thebigbeat

What clubs in Europe did you play and what clubs in Miami? If you played in these clubs that you said you played in why would you spin in some dive in Staten Island. Staten Island parties always suck. Something doesnt sound right...:blown:

DAMN!... why all the hate for Staten Island.... can't a brother promote a party regardless of its location..... Martini Red is not a dive! its probably the only place on staten Island that the crowd is not trying to follow some wack as fashion trends and acting all snobbish.

Why would you have to question this kat on wether or not he played in Europe and Miami... I know pleanty of DJ's that only play in Europe and don't play that much here in NYC.... shit I have played in south america and europe also... but does that make me less of a DJ cause I am trying to start a scene locally where I live. NO!

Its about the music and having a good time.... the scene in NYC is bad enough as it is there is no need for hate.....

better to go and support a local DJ or party then not have anywhere to go or pay some ridiculous cover charge to go and listen to some mediocore DJ...

my 2 cents.

Peace.