Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Privilege Review...

philippio

Anyone who reads my reviews probably thinks I sound like a broken record... but I have to say, again and again...

Thank you Carla and Marco!!! For the night, the atmosphere, the music...

I missed Francesco's set unfortunately. Obby was on in the main room. In my opinion, he played better this time than last. It was techier, quirkier, bleepier, less progressive... :bowdown::aright:

I must admit I spent more time in the patio than downstairs this time. But that's cause I've never heard Chris Acosta and Phrankadelic spin an entire night. Tonight I heard EXACTLY what I wanted to hear on the patio!!! Funky in ALL the right places!!! Smooth like a fine wine, ecclectic tunes that hit right in the soul! What a patio SHOULD sound like!!! I can't believe I heard Blakkat's 'Y'all Trippin' finally at a club!!! Sleazy nastiness!!! Chris picked it up and played a bit techier and then Phrank brought it back down with the broken beats!!! Great set guys!!! Nice meeting and hanging out with some true old skool CPers!!!

Back downstairs, Dave Preston and Habersham were ripping it up with some evil breaks. But it was like nothing I've ever seen before. Two mixers, 2 CDJ's and I think 2 1200's and they were both going at it simultaneously :eek::woah:!!!

But it was very masterfully choreographed and they were just feeding off each other's frenzy!!! That dancefloor should have been a lot more packed. Everyone was definitely enjoying it!!! And how could you not? The lights as always were phenomenal.

Great to see a chunky CP support group tonight!!! Too sleepy to name everybody... ;)

i didn't quiet enjoy habersham vs preston... by that i mean it wasn't anything special as i expected... they started out great, but then one of them kept messing up on mixing [it wasn't too obvious, but still] for the next hour or so... stuff they played was great... breaks were mindblowing... i'm i'm not mistaken habersham dropped his remix of foosheen - the unthinkable... this was my first visit to privilege and i have to say i liked it... next week i'm bringing my girl instead of a homie cause ratio of sausage to t&a was 80/20... patio was nice... music was very nice except for scratched records that kept skipping like whoa every 3-4 songs... whoever took over the decks after 2:30 gets a prize for first twreck of the night... oh well, sjit happens... i expected to meet some of you, but i guess not many cpers came out last night... i bumped into ekitel who later introduced me to a drunk comrade who wore c.c.c.p. shirt: philippio... we talked for a couple of minutes and i bounced because level of c&c [cuervo&corona] in my blood was a bit too high and i could barely walk down the stairs and then to the car... overall a nice club, nice sound system, low prices for south beach, and sucky [spoiled miami] crowd [most dudes were trying to get poon instead of enjoying music]...

edit: typos

Last nite was a special nite for us, as we witnessed Dirtydoodoofunk (Habersham & Dave Preston) make their public debut. Two mixers, 4 CDjs, 2 turntables, 3 tracks playing simultaneously for almost 4 hours. The hours spent together in the studio have defined the strengths for this true duo. Are you guys setting a new standard? I believe so.

Props to Francesco and Obby as well, warming with quality the floor for Dirtydoodoofunk.

The terrace was nice and busy all nite, specially early on when most people tend to arrive to the club and concentrate up there until the main room headliner goes on. Props to Frank and Chris for keeping the place going nicely.

As we continue to built our house, one brick at a time, it is re-envigorating to see some of the clubbers who deserve my deepest respects, for their knowledge of EDM music ... nice to see you guys again last nite: James954, Tsheritage, Digital7, Treepwood, Bbflux, Coolassleo & Loraine, Phillipio, Rcrespo, Bingo, Mrsblend, Mayaamack, Subdigital, Fostech, Ekitel ...and towards the end of the nite Chaflas, Fliptonia and Themrs (good to finally meet you).

See you guys in 6 for Dennis. :cool:

Originally posted by Hyype

i didn't quiet enjoy habersham vs preston... by that i mean it wasn't anything special as i expected... they started out great, but then one of them kept messing up on mixing [it wasn't too obvious, but still] for the next hour or so... stuff they played was great... breaks were mindblowing... i'm i'm not mistaken habersham dropped his remix of foosheen - the unthinkable... this was my first visit to privilege and i have to say i liked it... next week i'm bringing my girl instead of a homie cause ratio of sausage to t&a was 80/20... patio was nice... music was very nice except for scratched records that kept skipping like whoa every 3-4 songs... whoever took over the decks after 2:30 gets a prize for first twreck of the night... oh well, sjit happens... i expected to meet some of you, but i guess not many cpers came out last night... i bumped into ekitel who later introduced me to a drunk comrade who wore c.c.c.p. shirt: philippio... we talked for a couple of minutes and i bounced because level of c&c [cuervo&corona] in my blood was a bit too high and i could barely walk down the stairs and then to the car... overall a nice club, nice sound system, low prices for south beach, and sucky [spoiled miami] crowd [most dudes were trying to get poon instead of enjoying music]...

Sorry to have missed you last nite and missed the opportunity to meet you.

PS: You are right, it is always good to bring a girl with you. ;) I try to do so every time I go out. :cool:

couple of things:

1. don't mean to preach...but if you can't walk down the stairs please don't drive

2. people try to get poon...that's the walk of life...music is the faciliatator...no matter what kind...that's what clubbing is about

Originally posted by eKiTeL

Hyppe, I think you're a little too critical about the beatmatching, I noticed that back at Slak

i AM too critical about beatmatching... and i'm also the last person you'd expect a positive review from... i did enjoy habersham vs preston set though... as i said, the energy was like whoa in the beginning, but imo they weren't able to stay on that level for too long... i'm a fan of habersham's music... i love his remixes of 'the unthinkable', 'not over yet', and of course prolly his biggest choon up-to-date: 'leaving tifton'... dude knows his stuff... i've never seen/heard him spin, so i decided to come out and support damon and other dudes... i did enjoy the terrace... music was perfect and crowd seemed to be totally different from what i saw downstairs... too bad not many people came out... coulda been a great night... i also wanted to meet fellow CPers, but the only 2 faces i know is ekitel and bling [who doesn't know his face?] anyway, i'm off next friday, so i plan on going back to privilege... see y'all there...

p.s. southof5th: i was not driving...

i had a great time friday night. finally got to play with chris other than at a house party and i'm looking forward to the next time. our sets seemed to flow flawlessly. caught a good deal of habersham and preston after i finally got off the dex at 2 sumthin. 2 hrs of some sick breaks was definitely welcomed. big thanks to marco and carla for bringing great talent week in, week out.

hyype: the skipping records were due to the fact that the booth upstairs is very weak. any heavy movement or even more than one person up there causes the booth to shake. so that's the reason. also...there were MANY cp'ers in the house. just stop by the booth and say what's up. we don't bite.

phrankadelic: i understand... i wasn't really bitching about it, just said that it did happen... i liked the terrace... anyway, i'm there this friday... (y)

See you next Friday....privilege fridays are getting better and better!

It was a "privilege" spinning with both Habersham and Dave. Thank you PM Sessions for the invite.

Most of my close friends where in West Palm Beach supporting Joey at RESORT so I felt kind of weird not having my crew there but it was alllllllllll good. Love the sound system in this place. Nothing better that having control of all that BASSSSSSSSSSSS.

BOOOOOOOOOM BOOOOOOOOOM Boom Boom Boom

Wish I had that system in my bedroom!!!!!!!

Originally posted by phrankadelic

the skipping records were due to the fact that the booth upstairs is very weak. any heavy movement or even more than one person up there causes the booth to shake.

how many times have i told u?! stop doing those George Acosta "show me love" poses? u spin downtempo, not trance...;):tongue:

A BIG thanks to Marcos and Carla for having us at Privilege on Friday night. We had such a GREAT TIME and are definitely looking forward to the next time. Thanks to all who came out to support. I means a lot to us since we don't really get out that much anymore. I'm always worried that people will be say something like... "who the hell is Chris?" :) I loved hearing Frank and Chris tossing their respective vibes back and forth on the patio. You GUYS ROCKED!!! :rock:

The main room was also a hit with me. I had trouble tearing myself away from both rooms. I went by to say hello to Dave (Great seeing you again, by the way ;) ) but didn't get a chance to meet Obby or Habersham. Next time.

I must say, however, that had it not been for the crowd from the salsa room next to the patio... it just wouldn't have been the same. :woah::laugh:

Originally posted by bbflux

A BIG thanks to Marcos and Carla for having us at Privilege on Friday night. We had such a GREAT TIME and are definitely looking forward to the next time. Thanks to all who came out to support. I means a lot to us since we don't really get out that much anymore. I'm always worried that people will be say something like... "who the hell is Chris?" :) I loved hearing Frank and Chris tossing their respective vibes back and forth on the patio. You GUYS ROCKED!!! :rock:

The main room was also a hit with me. I had trouble tearing myself away from both rooms. I went by to say hello to Dave (Great seeing you again, by the way ;) ) but didn't get a chance to meet Obby or Habersham. Next time.

I must say, however, that had it not been for the crowd from the salsa room next to the patio... it just wouldn't have been the same. :woah::laugh:

It was great to see you guys on Friday ... I think we soon need to look for a full time baby sitter. ;)

Get ready for this coming Friday ...

logo-projden.gif

@ Privilege ... serving til 5 am .

PS: This location serves NO CHEESE. :cool:

Originally posted by marcodavalos

It was great to see you guys on Friday ... I think we soon need to look for a full time baby sitter. ;)

Get ready for this coming Friday ...

logo-projden.gif

@ Privilege ... serving til 5 am .

PS: This location serves NO CHEESE. :cool:

100% NO CHEESE AT NO TIME!!!

Talk about a grand slam for Fridays!