Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CENTRO-FLY SOLD!! Closing night funeral w/ FATBOYslim

CENTRO-FLY SOLD!!

Closing night funeral w/ FATBOYslim spining 4.24.04

Centro-fly closed the deal last night and is officially sold. Rumor has it that the people from Club Bed bought Centro-fly to open a Club Bed here in NYC.

Centro-fly's last night closing party is Saturday April 24.

Come join FATBOYslim and everyone in paying last respects to the only club that mattered.

Centro-Fly's Funeral - Saturday April 24th

with

Fatboy Slim

Armand Van Helden

Jr. Sanchez

Todd Terry

and other special guests

$20 before midnight/$25 after

open bar 3-4 am

Centro-Fly

45 West 21st Street between 5-6 Aves

212-627-7770

www.centro-fly.com

For more information call 212.627.7770

Originally posted by silverbull

the only club that mattered has been closed for 17yrs. PARADISE GARAGE. And the "OTHER PARTY" that matters is still goin on "THE LOFT" baby.

ahhh, young grasshopper- only club that mattered was 54!!

well lets look at it this way babbo. When thought deeply about where all the djs nowadays looked up to and what set the stage for the underground was THE LOFT and THE PARADISE GARAGE. And b4 that THE GALLERY. Studio 54 was the MAINSTREAM PLACE. Then again you couldve been sarcastic who knows.

well lets look at it this way babbo. When thought deeply about where all the djs nowadays looked up to and what set the stage for the underground was THE LOFT and THE PARADISE GARAGE. And b4 that THE GALLERY. Studio 54 was the MAINSTREAM PLACE. Then again you couldve been sarcastic who knows.

yo bro- I agree w/ya- for pure music. dj's etc loft, garage, etc were the real deal. 54 was not what I would call mainstream, but the glam spot. hard music& dancing was done at the clubs you mentioned 4 sure- agreed

the only club that mattered has been closed for 17yrs. PARADISE GARAGE. And the "OTHER PARTY" that matters is still goin on "THE LOFT" baby.

i respectufully disagree, centro has been a constant great party for so many years

anybody use to go to morillo on thursday nights? one of the best parties this city had. Lots of talent on sat nights also

everyone keeps saying bed, But i heard something sooooooooooo different from that,

wells all see tho, i guess

but i keep hearing The new ARC, but not called ARC.

and Bindra is a leading force..

i am only a busted/liar/faggot/

so who the fuck knows, lol

oly

Originally posted by chris817

i respectufully disagree, centro has been a constant great party for so many years

anybody use to go to morillo on thursday nights? one of the best parties this city had. Lots of talent on sat nights also

Good club w/ good parties? YES. Had a significant impact on the scene producing new DJ/Production talent? NO.

If you people are sad that it is closing then go to Discotheque..same difference.

Originally posted by kandyraver

who has a fucking list for this party and what's the cover

with

Fatboy Slim

Armand Van Helden

Jr. Sanchez

Todd Terry

and other special guests

open bar 3-4 am

Centro-Fly

212-627-7770

www.centro-fly.com

Originally posted by nycstompin

with

Fatboy Slim

Armand Van Helden

Jr. Sanchez

Todd Terry

and other special guests

open bar 3-4 am

Centro-Fly

212-627-7770

www.centro-fly.com

maybe ill do this instead of arc, if i go out @ all, arc was gonna be like a last minute thing, if i still had the $$ and the energy to go,

but being this is centros REAL last night, i'll be obligated to go

i LOVED that place!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :(

Who, or when, or why it was sold means nothing until Sunday morning, when the Funeral is over. Right now is time to show respect to the five years of hard work that Tom, Dave, their wives, and everybody else who shared their effort into making Centro-Fly an international name for dance music. There are few places that can claim they were the forunners of a new era in dance and also the same to see that era start to come to a close. Centro-Fly consistently gave New York the best the world had to offer in dance music. They went out on a limb five years ago with how they did things, and it has helped set the tone for how big DJ culture has gotten now. That address, 45 W21st street, has been a landmark of the New York Music scene for a long time from Tramps to Centro-Fly. Its only right, and even less to ask of night life to just focus all its attention on the end of this era. Tomorrow is tommorrow, next week is next week. Saturday night is the last time Centro-fly will open its doors and while we are having fun we should be doing it there.