Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Marketing question for the computer people

Originally posted by zoolander

If Dell, HP or compaq asked you to market there computers how would you do it differently. Using todays technology what would be your marketing plan??

Any creative ideas would help.

See you all at Tiesto!!

perhaps provide some sort of service or special online support for older people. it seems as if in the computer world, everyone always seems to forget about the "grey market", and with good reason too, since they almost have no need for them. but you'd be tapping an untapped source, and believe it or not, they have great spending power. comp companies tend to focus on the baby boomers and gen x'ers for office sales, and a combination of the 2 along with the gen y'ers for home pc's. the grey market is often neglected, and usually their problem is they don't have the knowledge to use them. so you teach them. you guide them, and educate them. if not- try and push the importance of a computer on a grandchild's life, and how a new comp could enhance their education. the auto finance industry, and education industry always focuses on grandparents to assist in buying the grandkids a new car or funding an education, so why not a computer?? like the 2 aforementioned, a computer could be considered a well thought out purchase, rather than impulsive. .......hope this helps.

I can't really tell you how I'd market it since I don't care to know much about Marketing. I do know a lot about computers since its my profession, and I deal with Dell/HP daily.

Anyway, what Dell needs to do is this. STOP OUTSOURCING to fucking INDIA!! I can't tell you the amount of time I've wasted on the phone with retards from India who are of absolutely no use.

HP... I havent had to deal with many of their PC's. The few I have, have been really small Pc's with proprietary hardware which makes it a huge fucking hassle to upgrade or repair them.

My comments are probably of no use to you, but I needed to vent :/