Clubplanet Nightlife Community

coming to miami-first time-best clubs?

bolts

Geesh, Top 40, ugh, that makes me think of like Senor Frogs and Wet Willies (beware the 'Call A Cab', brings out aggressive tendencies, in me anyway, heh heh). Mango's is a tourist trap, if you have guys in the group they will looooove the way the staff dresses there, trust me! The Clevelander is great for people watching. Clubs- when my friends come to visit they absolutely love Crobar, Opium, and Space.

Have Fun! :D:cool::D

Avoid Space at all costs... you'll be disappointed.

Nerve, Privilege (for really underground music on fridays and saturdays), Nikki Beach on sundays is kinda touristy, check out NV for afterhours friday nights... Luna is in fact closed. Crobar is nice but drinks are expensive and sometimes weak.

Phil, I've been meaning to ask you this. Have you set foot in the venue yet? Or are you still going on the words of your friends from up north? Generally people from out of town have a bad impression of a lot of venues down here...even ones you like.

I understand it's "not your cup of tea", but no need to tell people to avoid it at all costs..

I'll bash a venue, but I'll make sure to stop in and visit before I bash...

Ummmmm... Pod, I was there at the second "closing party." The one were DT was spinning at? I was also there last May for Zabiela and Lawler. I used to go to the old old Space all the time.

I don't know why you are asking me if I "set foot in it YET" ???

-None of the dj's I listen to spin there.

-I have NEVER been treated like a courteous paying customer.

-I have never felt a strong vibe on the terrace or anywhere else.

-That stupid white sheet bullshit has been done at many places in the past, anyone who thinks it's original and creative has just not been going to clubs.

So you ask me if I've been there yet? I'm never going there again!!!

Originally posted by colbyreese

definitely check out Space, by far the best house music in miami, if not the country. best sound system and voted as best club venue in america.

Best House Music....and in the entire country...definitely a matter of opinion.

Sorry I'm not one to talk bad about places even if I don't like them or not....but that hits home.

Originally posted by pod

I honestly didn't know.

But still, a simple "it's not my cup of tea" will suffice :).

I don't know who else feels this way, but for me, one of the saddest days in Clubland Miami was when Eddy defected to Space. I'm sorry to say so, but as an outside observer (not affiliated with any nightclub or promoters) it's what I feel.

:(

Oxygen Lounge in the Grove is a good place to hear hip-hop and commercial top 40... the kind of stuff that attracts a college crowd. I like the layout of it...

And I've heard Opium is one of the most beautiful clubs in Miami... I haven't been in a really long time. Check out Pearl if you're a high roller who likes to mingle with the "in" model crowd.

Is it a sad day? I doubt it. Eddy is laughing all the way to the bank.

The (sad? I don't know...) reality of this world is that things cost money...and I'll assure you, he is in a very influential position over there...think about it, maybe he can have one of your favorite DJs play the terrace.

If I was into promotions, I would gladly sign on with Space if the chance was offered...they've got a proven track record, and not due to selling out to hip-hop.

You've seen my logic about Space a million times, I'm not gonna repeat myself.

Yes, and I can totally see the justice in your connection between music and a bank! In this town, it makes perfect sense!!!

When I said a sad day for Clubland Miami, I meant that his defection was a huge loss to music (as played in clubs like Nerve, Privilege, etc)... But you jumped the gun and headed straight for the financial gain to Space.

With comments like that, how do you ever believe that the club you work for will ever be contributing to Miami's underground music scene?