Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP Vs. JV @ Wack @$$ Black

Originally posted by italianp7

more cops then anything.. Last weekend i was driving by b4 i left the city and the cops were pulling everyone over... it's ridiclous

Well, what do you expect, that place used to be (probably still is) a drug haven. Its been shutdown because of drugs before so it kinda makes sense there's alot of cops around

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly how am I talking shit. Obviously you have no clue, don't you remember when Exit got shutdown because of too many drug busts? I didn't bust on your assmonkey of a dj JP (oops, guess I just did). If you're too stupid to know that once a place is labeled as a drug haven it will always be labeled that way. Just stating the facts.

Oh yeah, for everyones enjoyment, please stay out of Manhattan

smgarret..i agree w/ u. u werent talkin shit at all. its a well known fact exit has had tons of drug problems. on the grand opening of black the place got shut down early cuz of OD's!!! it happens there all the friggin time. the place could be a legendary nyc spot if they could straiten up their act. first step is to get marvisi the hell outta there. they need a new owner and new mgmt. as long as marvisi is still the owner of that building it will continue to have problems. his rep with the city is way too bad for them not to watch him like a hawk

hey shaolin style true what? i dont deny i frequented that club cause of rick. But haven been there since dec like i said earlier. And im all over te place so your arguemen has no validation. Whats funny is that i remember meetng a guy from cp named techno something at websterhall n the 80s floor one time. I think he was blonde with glasses nedy lookin. So if thats techno junkie then its quite funny. See you all at arc on fri and sun.

Originally posted by xtcgspot

smgarret..i agree w/ u. u werent talkin shit at all. its a well known fact exit has had tons of drug problems. on the grand opening of black the place got shut down early cuz of OD's!!! it happens there all the friggin time. the place could be a legendary nyc spot if they could straiten up their act. first step is to get marvisi the hell outta there. they need a new owner and new mgmt. as long as marvisi is still the owner of that building it will continue to have problems. his rep with the city is way too bad for them not to watch him like a hawk [/quote0]

THEY HAVE A NEW OWNER N MOST OF MGMT IS NEW.. AND ITS NOW CALLED BLACK... AND THE REASON Y IT GOT SHUT DOWN THE 1ST NIGHT WAS CUZ MR. JP WAS STARTING HIS PARTY,.. HE KNEW IT WAS GONNA HAPPEN SO DID ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE.

AND I KNOW EXIT HAD DRUG PROBLEMS... I USED TO WORK THERE,,, AND YEA THEY WERE SHUT DOWN BUT SO IS EVERY OTHER BIG CLUB FRECKIN CLUB IN THE CITY

smgarret..i agree w/ u. u werent talkin shit at all. its a well known fact exit has had tons of drug problems. on the grand opening of black the place got shut down early cuz of OD's!!! it happens there all the friggin time. the place could be a legendary nyc spot if they could straiten up their act. first step is to get marvisi the hell outta there. they need a new owner and new mgmt. as long as marvisi is still the owner of that building it will continue to have problems. his rep with the city is way too bad for them not to watch him like a hawk [/quote0]

THEY HAVE A NEW OWNER N MOST OF MGMT IS NEW.. AND ITS NOW CALLED BLACK... AND THE REASON Y IT GOT SHUT DOWN THE 1ST NIGHT WAS CUZ MR. JP WAS STARTING HIS PARTY,.. HE KNEW IT WAS GONNA HAPPEN SO DID ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE.

AND I KNOW EXIT HAD DRUG PROBLEMS... I USED TO WORK THERE,,, AND YEA THEY WERE SHUT DOWN BUT SO IS EVERY OTHER BIG CLUB FRECKIN CLUB IN THE CITY

sorry, but I don't ever remember Vinyl or the Roxy being shutdown for overflowing drugs and B&T trash, such as yourself. Black will be shutdown by the end of the summer (a good thing)

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRASH/.// HUN GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR.... AND ROXY HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN B4 THANK YOU

Thanks for telling me to look in the mirror...its an ego booster to look at such a handsome guy. As for yourself, never look in a mirror, you'll probably be horrified.

Oh yeah, when was the Roxy last shutdown for drugs? Not since I can remember.

see u dont need to say that. i do like jp's style, but i can name 100 other dj's just off the top of my head that are better. lets face it, besides a select few american dj's, the europeans are a hell of a lot more talented in that field. jp's a good dj, but he's a NY dj. he's not a world reknowned dj. he's not even the #1 dj in NY in my opinion.

besides all that, im still goin sunday

I'm not even a JP fan, but..................

........"but he's a NY dj" Whats that supposed to mean?????????

I'm mean isn't NYC the Mecca of clubbing?

Maybe not as much as it used to be, but at one time JP had a res and a pretty long run (97-2003)not sure if that is right, at the SF the City's most consistent and popular party in the city throughout that time!!!!!!!!

That's pretty impresive considering during most of that time th,at most parties didn't last that long, besides like a DT at Vinyl/ARC!!!

His run at SF will be considered one of the greatest parties in city history and thats a pretty good title considering NYC was the capital of clubbing!!!!!!!

Again I'm not even a JP fan, but for you to assume he's not in the same level as a european dj, is a joke

There two diffrent styles, just because you pefer one more then the othere doesn't mean a NYC, even some NJ dj, can lay an accpella over a beat, programing, mixing and more important ,creating a vibe just as good as a eurpean dj!!!!

You also don't think JP could have spun around the world if he wanted to ? It would be pretty hard to do that considering he never missed a saturday/sunday at SF, he would travel to cancun, Vegas, and Miami, but they would work around his schedule and maybe he was just happy with what he had at sF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems to me like there are a lot of people on here that are so concerned about the image of a place or its rep and your rep for going to a certain place that you forgot what's its really about..."the music" as if you ever really knew....

(no offense to those of you that actually know what I'm talking about)

Who really cares about where a place is, what the place is, the crowd it is, if you leave it up to the music its black and white... u either luv it or you hate it....if you hate it...stay away...find another place....if you luv it go back for more....

not exactly rocket science ya know~!???:eek:

Originally posted by tempkid

I'm not even a JP fan, but..................

........"but he's a NY dj" Whats that supposed to mean?????????

I'm mean isn't NYC the Mecca of clubbing?

Maybe not as much as it used to be, but at one time JP had a res and a pretty long run (97-2003)not sure if that is right, at the SF the City's most consistent and popular party in the city throughout that time!!!!!!!!

That's pretty impresive considering during most of that time th,at most parties didn't last that long, besides like a DT at Vinyl/ARC!!!

His run at SF will be considered one of the greatest parties in city history and thats a pretty good title considering NYC was the capital of clubbing!!!!!!!

Again I'm not even a JP fan, but for you to assume he's not in the same level as a european dj, is a joke

There two diffrent styles, just because you pefer one more then the othere doesn't mean a NYC, even some NJ dj, can lay an accpella over a beat, programing, mixing and more important ,creating a vibe just as good as a eurpean dj!!!!

You also don't think JP could have spun around the world if he wanted to ? It would be pretty hard to do that considering he never missed a saturday/sunday at SF, he would travel to cancun, Vegas, and Miami, but they would work around his schedule and maybe he was just happy with what he had at sF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jon did spin in europe,once and they didnt feel his style at all.the vibe sucked and was never asked to do a european club again.as far as his mixing is concerned its gotten bad.he used to be really good at it now it seems its he's more concerned with trying to do to much to a track then let the tracks speak for themselves.sure it nice to trick out a track every once and a while but not every track and every night.as far as throwing an accapella over a beat,if you have the right equipment its not that difficult.and last his programming has lost out to different factors,he used to program the night great but then it became the "how long can i go" show and it effected his programming alot.not to mention playing tracks for an hour.jons sobe/cancun/vegas spots were all done on holiday weekend where there were alot of nycer's,he did do sobe on an occasion where there was very little nycers and it went horrible.

and nyc used to be the club capitol,not since '99/2000 though its lost its luster,that why european clubs have taken the crown.the vibe on any given night at any club in europe is the best.i have had the pleasure of experiencing it firsdt hand and as much as i love nyc it cant and wont compete with clubs like ministry and central etc the vibe is part club,part braodway show part concert all mixed up.but thats just my opionon and ,02 cents.

I completely agree.... NYC has a complete different vibe than Europe. There are things I love about the NYC club life that I know I'll never find in Europe....there is just more of an underground vibe here...however, I wont' say that clubs in Europe are not amazing....you can't compare an SF to Cream in Liverpool, clubs in Amsterdam and Berlin. That is just ridiculous. The vibe is different yes....but if we keep ourselves open minded...you learn to love both... (OH AND BTW...IF YOU THINK NYC IS THE CLUB CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.... please....travel a bit more.... it most definitely is NOT)

I"m not a big JP or JV fan....they've both got their good days and their bad days in my opinion....nothing to really impress me much...but I can appreciate that JP for instance has a set sound that has become a more "nyc club" sound...and I can accept that Oakie, Tiesto, PVD etc....have a much more "european sound". New York clubbers are more receptive to chunkier beats, deeper bass etc...EuropeanS...love a little bit of trance thrown into their music....

The main thing to keep in mind here is that music is very broad, especially on these terms...yes...we may each have our preferences....but in the end.... its still ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC.

Originally posted by twinkle88

I completely agree.... NYC has a complete different vibe than Europe. There are things I love about the NYC club life that I know I'll never find in Europe....there is just more of an underground vibe here...

Believe it or not NYc does Ive been to europe its underground but they dont put out the same vibe they do like in nYC. U have to go and see to understand.

Originally posted by silverbull

hey shaolin style true what? i dont deny i frequented that club cause of rick. But haven been there since dec like i said earlier. And im all over te place so your arguemen has no validation. Whats funny is that i remember meetng a guy from cp named techno something at websterhall n the 80s floor one time. I think he was blonde with glasses nedy lookin. So if thats techno junkie then its quite funny. See you all at arc on fri and sun.

I was agreeing with TechnoJunkie, your the one making the stupid comments about xtc's screename, yet your the one who's going to webster hall, one of the worst clubs on the planet.

im so touched by your comments shaolin style. how did this party go anyhow, to keep it wit the topic. And for the drama point i was just stating fact. He said GOIN as oppse to use to go. Andi clearly stated that in my posts. But he /she obviously didnt read it. Thus my comment on the reading problem. No drama on my part.

Originally posted by silverbull

im so touched by your comments shaolin style. how did this party go anyhow, to keep it wit the topic. And for the drama point i was just stating fact. He said GOIN as oppse to use to go. Andi clearly stated that in my posts. But he /she obviously didnt read it. Thus my comment on the reading problem. No drama on my part.

That's great you're touched by my comments:rolleyes: but making gay comments about someone going to Black from a person that "went" to webster hall all the time shouldn't even talk. That's why i agreed with Technojunkees' post. What else is there to understand.

GAY comments what does that mean. Do you have a problem with GAY people or something, not that i am. Look i respect you cause in your gender it says LIQUID which makes me think your a dancer, i could be wrong but i think im right. So i mean no disrespect.

But theres a difference im not talking about BLACK the venue its self. Im talking about the DJS first jv,jp. They are nothing from what they oncce were, 1996-1999. Like webster i always said its terrible in thier i agree 100% but i only praised the dj on sat nights at the time rick corbo thats all. So when he left i had no more comments on that venue. NOw you say webster sucks cool i agree with ya but did you ever get to hear rick spin like lets say early winter 2003 when he was great IMO. Right now hes just working on productions thats all.

People who go to balck commented on how they would NEVER step foot into exit again but look where their at now. Fine by me follow your dj, to me thats what its all about. No matter the venue just follow him. If theirs so many jv fans why werent they at CLUB hard a few weeks ago in queens. If the guy XTC is a friend of yours then i see why it bother you. bUt my comments were only made based on his name i dont know him personally, maybe if i did i wouldnt have said crap.