Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Love Handles

GLopez

What's the quickest way for me to rid myself of these? I know the answer is cardio, but is there one that works better than another? Like say, do windsprints work better than a jog? Does a jumprope work better than windsprints?

The intenisity of a cardio wokout is what it boils down to, but what would help me get rid of love handles the quickest?

Thanks......

Nothing will just target that area -- the only way to reduce love handles is to lower your overall body fat by doing cardio and having a good diet!

It also has something to do with genetics I'd think and where fat deposits on a certain persons body.

Originally posted by GLopez

I need to wake my ass up early to go run!!!

Well, could write volumes on this subject.

Basically, if find yourself running 3 times a week and having a low fat diet and not having much improvement .... and then you take a vacation and walk around seeing the sites and find yourself loosing the handles without working, there is a simple answer for whats going on - you have a sedatary lifestyle. For those of us who sit at work all day, sometimes cardio and diet is still not enough.

If not enough, you need to employ certain options. Try:

a) side dumbell raises

B) side oblique situps

c) crossover bends

d) side oblique weight machine

e) crunch machine

The results will show. Any questions, post back. Also, certain supplements help.

I wasn't even going to post in this thread until I saw this...

Originally posted by lalate

Well, could write volumes on this subject.

You could, but it would all be wrong.

Basically, if find yourself running 3 times a week and having a low fat diet and not having much improvement

Running and low fat has nothing to do with it.

.... and then you take a vacation and walk around seeing the sites and find yourself loosing the handles without working, there is a simple answer for whats going on - you have a sedatary lifestyle.

This is the only true statement in your entire post.

For those of us who sit at work all day, sometimes cardio and diet is still not enough.

Wrong.

If not enough, you need to employ certain options. Try:

a) side dumbell raises

B) side oblique situps

c) crossover bends

d) side oblique weight machine

e) crunch machine

Wrong.

The results will show. Any questions, post back. Also, certain supplements help.

Please do not give advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

Weight loss is ALL about calorie expenditure. Even the most sedentary person in the world can scale back their food intake and lose weight. Meanwhile, you can train obliques until the cows come home, but if you're eating too much, your love handles ain't going anywhere.

If you disagree, please feel free to share with the group the magic process by which oblique exercises reduce fat. I'm sure we'd all be very interested to hear it.

GLopez, try aiming for about 10-12x your bodyweight in calories every day, and let us know what happens. After a couple weeks, adjust your calories up or down depending on your results. You want to aim for no more than 2lbs a week. It will be tough to cut back your calories, but including a good amount of healthy fats and protein in your diet will help you to curb your appetite while cutting.

And just when I thought this was the coolest section of CP we get this post....

Originally posted by rackham

I wasn't even going to post in this thread until I saw this...

You could, but it would all be wrong. .... Please do not give advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh really. :laugh:

Don't judge someone you have NO idea about. :laugh:

You can agree to disagree about training techniques and their results but who are you to say "do not give advice".

And I'm not going to judge you either ... but will say you need to learn how to read.

You state "Meanwhile, you can train obliques until the cows come home, but if you're eating too much, your love handles ain't going anywhere."

My post doesn't say that. It specifically said that if adjustments to diet (aka your " food intake" comment) and adjustments to exercise routine still was not showing the results you wanted, add the following exercise routines. No one said "train obliques until the cows come home" and continue "eating too much".

The previous post is fair, accurate, and has been followed by thousands of individuals worldwide, been covered in nearly two dozen articles, and been award nominated ....

But you can still agree to disagree respectfully and constructively. Just remember ..... so can everyone else .

Rackham, What might be some healthy fats? I take protein powder ( 6 scoops of designer whey) pretty much every day because of my workout. My diet is what kills it. I don't eat healthy for shit, but I don't eat extremely bad either. I just need to lose like maybe and inch or so of my "spare tire". I mean it's not that bad. I know if i really buckle down, it won't take that much.

Thanks for everyones help!!

Originally posted by GLopez

Rackham, What might be some healthy fats? I take protein powder ( 6 scoops of designer whey) pretty much every day because of my workout. My diet is what kills it. I don't eat healthy for shit, but I don't eat extremely bad either. I just need to lose like maybe and inch or so of my "spare tire". I mean it's not that bad. I know if i really buckle down, it won't take that much.

Thanks for everyones help!!

Fats found in fish and nuts are healthy fats.

If you're worried about your diet, go here: http://fitday.com/ It's free to sign up and I think you'll find it very helpful.

lalate, what articles was your advice published in? What awards did it win?

There is NO substitute for proper diet. NONE. If you're not burning more than you eat, you will not lose fat. If you've adjusted your diet and still aren't losing weight, you need to adjust your diet some more.

And you have yet to explain how training obliques would help at all. Do you think that it would help to lose the love handles? If so, please explain HOW (with all your award-winning, I'm sure you're capable of giving a very good response...)

Fats found in fish and nuts are healthy fats.

If you're worried about your diet, go here: http://fitday.com/ It's free to sign up and I think you'll find it very helpful.

lalate, what articles was your advice published in? What awards did it win?

There is NO substitute for proper diet. NONE. If you're not burning more than you eat, you will not lose fat. If you've adjusted your diet and still aren't losing weight, you need to adjust your diet some more.

And you have yet to explain how training obliques would help at all. Do you think that it would help to lose the love handles? If so, please explain HOW (with all your award-winning, I'm sure you're capable of giving a very good response...)

Not here to respond to you. Here to respond to someone who nicely asked for advice in what was a very pleasant section of CP.

Not here to respond to you. Here to respond to someone who nicely asked for advice in what was a very pleasant section of CP.

If you're going to give advice, you'd better damn well be prepared to back it up.

If you're going to give advice, you'd better damn well be prepared to back it up.

Hey, chill out dude.

I'm not picking sides on this shit, but no one's advice is ever perfect. that includes you. I wouldnt agree with everything lalate suggested, but the excercises he brought up will indeed help tone the area in question. No, that won't get rid of love handles on its own, but combined with cardio and proper diet, you'd be well on your way to ridding yourself of love handles.

Its always good to add your own advice, but dont post just for the sake of basing other people who are trying to help.

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

Hey, chill out dude.

I'm not picking sides on this shit, but no one's advice is ever perfect. that includes you. I wouldnt agree with everything lalate suggested, but the excercises he brought up will indeed help tone the area in question.

Really? What is "tone"? How do those exercises increase "tone"?

No, that won't get rid of love handles on its own, but combined with cardio and proper diet, you'd be well on your way to ridding yourself of love handles.

Its always good to add your own advice, but dont post just for the sake of basing other people who are trying to help.

I admit I may have come on too harsh. That doesn't make latate any more right.

Really? What is "tone"? How do those exercises increase "tone"?

I admit I may have come on too harsh. That doesn't make latate any more right.

By tone i mean help build muscle and increase definition. It obviously is useless if that muscle is hidden under fat, and thats why cardio and proper diet are first and foremost essential.

I dont quite understand what your trying to say... why would you be against supplementing diet and cardio with some simple stength excercises?

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

By tone i mean help build muscle and increase definition. It obviously is useless if that muscle is hidden under fat, and thats why cardio and proper diet are first and foremost essential.

The guy wants to lose his love handles. Why would he want to increase muscle mass in that area? It would just make the area larger. latate was saying that if cardio and diet failed, these exercises would help reduce the love handles. I'm asking how that could be -- do you have an answer?

I dont quite understand what your trying to say... why would you be against supplementing diet and cardio with some simple stength excercises?

Again, the guy asked how to lose his love handles. Latate's post did not offer a single piece of advice on losing fat. I agree that ab exercises are important for core stability. But that's not what this thread is about.

If GLopez isn't already doing strength training, then I would absolutely recommend doing some. I would start with a very simple full-body routine, no more than 6 exercises, no more than one of them an abs exercise. Recommending 5 exercises for a single bodypart to a complete beginner is ridiculous. Compound movements should be the cornerstone of *any* routine.

Recommending 5 exercises for a single bodypart to a complete beginner is ridiculous.

Did say 5 exercises together. Said "employ certain options. Try ..." , as in, choose from the below list.

Did say 5 exercises together. Said "employ certain options. Try ..." , as in, choose from the below list.

Okay, that's semantics. You still haven't answered my question: how will training obliques help lose the love handles?

Okay, that's semantics.

Oh, so let's recap.

First you mistate someone ....

(mistating them as saying do all five exercises when they said CHOOSE FROM these five exercises) ...

Then you call them them "ridiculous"

(Originally posted by rackham Recommending 5 exercises for a single bodypart to a complete beginner is ridiculous.)

And then you say, it was all "semantics".

lolllll

Oh, so let's recap.

First you mistate someone ....

(mistating them as saying do all five exercises when they said CHOOSE FROM these five exercises) ...

Then you call them them "ridiculous"

(Originally posted by rackham Recommending 5 exercises for a single bodypart to a complete beginner is ridiculous.)

And then you say, it was all "semantics".

lolllll

1 exercise or 5, it doesn't matter. You're avoiding the question.

Calling someone ridiculous after you mistated what they said doesn't matter? Oh really :lol:

I didn't call YOU ridiculous. I said that recommending 5 exercises per bodypart for a beginner is ridiculous. That's not what you meant, so it's not worth arguing over anymore. I'm not quite sure why you keep bringing it up... :confused:

Again, you're avoiding my question: how does training obliques help to lose love handles?

P.S. I'm leaving the computer for the night, so I look forward to reading a well-stated reply tomorrow... :)