Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mad props to Opium and Dave Grutman

sobe2003

Thanks for booking Donald Glaude on May 14th!!!

I always catch him when he is in town for WMC . . . One of the best DJ's . . . looking forward to it!

PlayStation®2 and House of Blues® Announce Fourth PlayStation 2 Dual Play Tour Featuring Hottest DJs Including Mark Farina, Donald Glaude, and Scarlett Etienne

National Club Tour Showcases Local and Internationally Acclaimed DJ Talent, Bringing PlayStation 2 Experience to 17 Cities Nationwide

FOSTER CITY, Calif., and HOLLYWOOD, April 6 -- Following the success of the first three club tours, Sony Computer Entertainment America and House of Blues® are once again bringing back PlayStation®2 Dual Play and the music of world renowned DJs to intimate club settings with 24 dates in 17 cities across the country. The fourth national PlayStation 2 Dual Play tour consists of two legs, each headlined by in-demand DJs including gamer and world class house DJ Mark Farina (Om Records), club favorite Donald Glaude (Eden Records/Jacked), and rising star of underground house music, Scarlett Etienne (Netwerrk). Produced and promoted by House of Blues and Spundae, the PlayStation 2 Dual Play tour kicks off in Chicago at House of Blues on April 9 and runs through June 18. Tickets are available at www.hob.com.

For the first time in the history of PlayStation 2 Dual Play, the tour will feature local DJs who will open for Farina at each venue during the first leg of the tour, while Etienne will open for Glaude on every event in the second leg. Also new this year are two free shows on May 28 in Chicago, and May 30 in Los Angeles. Nearly unheard of in the club scene, these free shows provide fans the opportunity to enjoy PlayStation 2 Dual Play's unique blend of games and music.

DJs headlining the PlayStation 2 Dual Play tour have created their own unique styles and sounds and will twirl the dial on some amazing beats on the tour, giving dance fans an intimate, fun, and entertaining night. Glaude, an all-around, crowd-rocking entertainer who has been one of the most in-demand DJs in the country for more than 17 years, will wow audiences with his seemingly endless arsenal of track after funky track. Etienne will delight and awe audiences with her hard-hitting, tribal progressive house sound that packs dance floors all over the world from San Francisco to Madrid to Athens.

Donald Glaude and Scarlett Etienne

MAY 14

MIAMI: OPIUM

136 Collins Ave. (305-531-5535)

Originally posted by vaughanz

scarlett_pic.jpg

:hump:

Donald fuckin rocks...he has such mad skills. I am still skeptical on how he will go over at Opium outside of conference. Anyone that has seen Donald play knows exactly how animated and full of energy he can be. I think if he starts cuttin and scratching and yelling to the crowd "PEOPLE PUT YOUR HANDS UP"...the opium crowd won't know what to do with themselves...either way its gonna be fun to see.

Originally posted by pod

Well to be honest, unless somehow he got booked on the terrace, or a suitable website decided to promote the event, maybe 20 people would show up for Mark Farina in Miami.

Usually I don't disagree with you POD...but I think you are absolutely way off on that. Farina would pull way more than 20 people. Not too mention people would be making road trips from as far north as O'town and on over from Tampa. Farina would pack the place. He is in his own class as far as skills and respect he demands.

This is sony's tour and the headlining dj of it is donald. I'd love to see farina but even if he was brought along he'd only be opening up for a bit. Hopefully it can happen but no need to scratch out donald, he is an amazing dj from what I've heard about him, yet to see him live though.

Originally posted by livin42nite

This is sony's tour and the headlining dj of it is donald. I'd love to see farina but even if he was brought along he'd only be opening up for a bit. Hopefully it can happen but no need to scratch out donald, he is an amazing dj from what I've heard about him, yet to see him live though.

Donald is amazing...definitely check him out. I think Marks name was just brought up as a suggestion or request since we NEVER see him down here other than conference. Mark also commands a bigger dollar...so that may have a lot to do with it too.

Originally posted by lyrik

:hump:

Donald fuckin rocks...he has such mad skills. I am still skeptical on how he will go over at Opium outside of conference. Anyone that has seen Donald play knows exactly how animated and full of energy he can be. I think if he starts cuttin and scratching and yelling to the crowd "PEOPLE PUT YOUR HANDS UP"...the opium crowd won't know what to do with themselves...either way its gonna be fun to see.

my thoughts exactly... I never been to opium for a music oriented event, outside of conference.... But i shouldnt stereo type....

Donald's live set from the Gallery Turmills is nasty.... Pumping techno house music.... I love a dj the get rowdy to his own beats!!!!! Saw him for the first and only time at the mini Ultra last year on labor day!!!